PDA

View Full Version : Don't mess with the hijab!



Italianguy
02-06-2010, 09:48 PM
This is a response to another members question to me on why i have 1 bad eye. It's an explanation of how it happened and easier than retyping it again. (it's a reply to a thread called 'had my hijab pulled off'

Sorry for you to have to experience this abuse. I am from NY city and saw this happen(almost exactly) too 2 Muslim women. there were about 6 guys harrasing women on the subway and long story short i told them to leave them alone. They said she was a terrorist for covering her head and one guy pulled off her hijab. I told them that if they didn't get away from them that i would get help to remove them(the guys) myself! nobody would help me. so i said it again and one of them hit me in the face,(my eye was crushed in the cornea and they thaught i was going to lose sight in that eye, praise God i didn't but it's still alittle blurry) i got up and stood in front of the Muslim women and told them if they got near them again i was cracking heads! onather tried to swing at me and i hit him and 2 or 3 others before the train came to a stop and the cops came. Believe it or not they tried to arrest me for assult until the 2 Women got off the train and told the cops i was deffending them. (durring the fight i got her cover back and gave it to her). One of them got my number and her husband called me and invited me to a dinner with all of them. Amazing! there were like 30 Muslims there thanking me, what a great reception and made lots of friends. Sometimes good comes out of bad i guess


God be with all of you
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lynx
02-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Italianguy
This is a response to another members question to me on why i have 1 bad eye. It's an explanation of how it happened and easier than retyping it again. (it's a reply to a thread called 'had my hijab pulled off'

Sorry for you to have to experience this abuse. I am from NY city and saw this happen(almost exactly) too 2 Muslim women. there were about 6 guys harrasing women on the subway and long story short i told them to leave them alone. They said she was a terrorist for covering her head and one guy pulled off her hijab. I told them that if they didn't get away from them that i would get help to remove them(the guys) myself! nobody would help me. so i said it again and one of them hit me in the face,(my eye was crushed in the cornea and they thaught i was going to lose sight in that eye, praise God i didn't but it's still alittle blurry) i got up and stood in front of the Muslim women and told them if they got near them again i was cracking heads! onather tried to swing at me and i hit him and 2 or 3 others before the train came to a stop and the cops came. Believe it or not they tried to arrest me for assult until the 2 Women got off the train and told the cops i was deffending them. (durring the fight i got her cover back and gave it to her). One of them got my number and her husband called me and invited me to a dinner with all of them. Amazing! there were like 30 Muslims there thanking me, what a great reception and made lots of friends. Sometimes good comes out of bad i guess


God be with all of you
You sir are a hero
Reply

Italianguy
02-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Lynx
You sir are a hero
No no no, I am no heroimsad I did what any one else would have done...i hope

It's our duty to protect our fellow brothers and sisters in humanity.
Reply

aadil77
02-06-2010, 10:06 PM
daymm thats some courage you showed, I can't believe no tried helpin you I wish there was more people like you
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Italianguy
02-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by aadil77
daymm thats some courage you showed, I can't believe no tried helpin you I wish there was more people like you
I am only one story out of a million. I am sure you would have done the same, if put in the same situation.

There are plenty of people out there who would do it to...or at least I pray they would. Faith differences or not, we should all stand up for eachother in bad situations

God be with you.
Reply

Life_Is_Short
02-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Woah, that's some act and if every young man was like you, world would be a better place. Actually, people here are afraid to stand against these criminals because they're usually armed with knives. I remember once a boy from my college said no to a pair of thieves when asked for his friend's phone, they stabbed him with a knife and left him dead in the park. He died all because he stopped his friend from giving them his phone.imsad

Just a few days back my brother got attacked, they stopped his car in the middle of the road and asked for his phone. Yes, for his phone. When he refused, they broke his glasses, punched his eye and took his credit card and papers. They now know where he lives. What is that about? :hmm:
Reply

Italianguy
02-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Woah, that's some act and if every young man was like you, world would be a better place. Actually, people here are afraid to stand against these criminals because they're usually armed with knives. I remember once a boy from my college said no to a pair of thieves when asked for his friend's phone, they stabbed him with a knife and left him dead in the park. He died all because he stopped his friend from giving them his phone.imsad
Sorry to hear that. We have to realise though what situation we are in and what to do. He should have just given the phone to them, a phone is not worth a life(God be with him). People are afraid, they watch to much tv become liberal, and run away or ignore problems. I have a loud mouth:p so i speak before i think sometimes, but you wouldn't believe how many times I have gotten myself into these situations, most though end peacefully....but....Stand up for another. What if I hadn't done anything? I would have gotten off the train and been on my merry way, and those women could have been attacked:heated: There is no way i could sleep at night knowing thatimsad.

But there are also bad situations we should just back up from. If someone robs me at gunpoint....they can have whatever they want! As long as i'm alive thats all that counts, everything else is replaceable.

God be with you.
Reply

aadil77
02-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Woah, that's some act and if every young man was like you, world would be a better place. Actually, people here are afraid to stand against these criminals because they're usually armed with knives. I remember once a boy from my college said no to a pair of thieves when asked for his friend's phone, they stabbed him with a knife and left him dead in the park. He died all because he stopped his friend from giving them his phone.imsad
yh thats harsh, but that must have happened when no one was around, its unlikely for someone to pull out a knife when loads of people are around as witness
Reply

Italianguy
02-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by aadil77
yh thats harsh, but that must have happened when no one was around, its unlikely for someone to pull out a knife when loads of people are around as witness
That's true, but sometimes it's a good oportunity for wold be criminals to do harm because when it's really crowded no one will notice
Reply

A-Believer-25
02-07-2010, 01:33 AM
That was a brave thing that you did! :) There are not a lot of guys like you. Is there any way that your eye can be healed?
Reply

Beardo
02-07-2010, 01:42 AM
That is indeed an inspiring story. May Allah Ta'ala guide your noble soul to the truth!

I don't know how many people would actually take that stand.

And it's very pitiful that there are people that would even dare harass ladies like this. It burns me all over the inside to hear stories like this.
Reply

Italianguy
02-07-2010, 04:00 AM
Originally Posted by Rashad
That is indeed an inspiring story. May Allah Ta'ala guide your noble soul to the truth!

I don't know how many people would actually take that stand.

And it's very pitiful that there are people that would even dare harass ladies like this. It burns me all over the inside to hear stories like this.
Yeah, it burns me up too:heated: How anyone would pick on defensless women is beyond me. It's sad, most on the train didn't even lift an eyebrow to see what was going on:hmm: and the others just stared. I will admit..it was a little scary, i didn't expect them to react so violently. And plus it was like 6 on 1....the odds were not in my favour. But i figured i have boxing to offer in the equation so it's better than nothing. .....That one guy really got me good though. But God was on our side that day i guess. It was horrifiying to see the look on the girls faces, they were looking at everyone and were scared to death. All i could picture was my mother being picked on by these thugs...that got me extremely fired up.:raging:

I am the easiest guy in the world to get allong with, no matter anyones indifferences with me, but don't mess with defenseless women,mia madre or my family!

God be with you.:D
Reply

Italianguy
02-07-2010, 04:10 AM
Originally Posted by A-Believer-25
That was a brave thing that you did! :) There are not a lot of guys like you. Is there any way that your eye can be healed?
Actually my eye is allot better now than it was a couple of years ago. At first i was considered legally bling in that eye, but i could still see light and objects from it. I had a surgery done that helped with that, then this past year i had the laser eye surgery done for myself and my wife. She now has 20/15 vision in both eyes, and i have 20/15 in 1 eye and 20/60 or so in the damaged eye, and thats a major acheivement over what it was before. I can see allot better in that eye but it is still blurry and now it's hard to get used to having perfect vision in 1 eye and bad vision in the other, it throws off my equallibrium at times:p. I am happy though, it was all worth it:D. And the surgery was amazing , only 18 seconds in each eye! And i could see somewhat walking out of the doctors office! It looks weird though, i have to wear a black contact lense in the 1 eye, because it's similar to having your eye dialated permenantly, so the sunlight is killer in that eye:shade: and the contact covers the entire eye, so it looks like i have a hole in my head where the eye should be;D I try not to wear it in public....to many people staring

Thanks,

God be with you
Reply

Supreme
02-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Italianguy, you're like six foot six aren't you? I think I'd flex my muscle power in situations like that if I was your height!
Reply

A-Believer-25
02-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Italianguy
Actually my eye is allot better now than it was a couple of years ago. At first i was considered legally bling in that eye, but i could still see light and objects from it. I had a surgery done that helped with that, then this past year i had the laser eye surgery done for myself and my wife. She now has 20/15 vision in both eyes, and i have 20/15 in 1 eye and 20/60 or so in the damaged eye, and thats a major acheivement over what it was before. I can see allot better in that eye but it is still blurry and now it's hard to get used to having perfect vision in 1 eye and bad vision in the other, it throws off my equallibrium at times:p. I am happy though, it was all worth it:D. And the surgery was amazing , only 18 seconds in each eye! And i could see somewhat walking out of the doctors office! It looks weird though, i have to wear a black contact lense in the 1 eye, because it's similar to having your eye dialated permenantly, so the sunlight is killer in that eye:shade: and the contact covers the entire eye, so it looks like i have a hole in my head where the eye should be;D I try not to wear it in public....to many people staring

Thanks,

God be with you

I am glad that your eye is getting better! May Allah bless you!
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Awesome story! Really cool. Good for you, a noble deed! :D
Reply

cat eyes
02-07-2010, 04:30 PM
:sl:
may Allah reward you for it italian guy.

i just hate the thugs that go on the subway :( they are so cruel...

U really need a gun ;D

i hope u enjoyed your dinner :D
Reply

Italianguy
02-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl:
may Allah reward you for it italian guy.

i just hate the thugs that go on the subway :( they are so cruel...

U really need a gun ;D

i hope u enjoyed your dinner :D
Thanks:statisfie

There are more good hard working people on the subs than bad, so thats a good thing.:D

Oh yeahhhh i have some guns:shade: but i do not carry in public, if i get in a sticky situation i use my hands, or mouth. The best way out of any bad situation is to talk it out.

OMGGGG! The dinner was awesome....i swear i gained 10 pounds in one night:exhausted, a couple of older women who didn't speak English kept shoveling food in front of me and demanding that I eat more. They all kept asking what part of the middle east i came from...I said New York;D They wouldn't believe i was Italian? The food was awesome but toooooo much!
Reply

Italianguy
02-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Supreme
Italianguy, you're like six foot six aren't you? I think I'd flex my muscle power in situations like that if I was your height!
Sorry bro, I am only 6'2". Still tall , but not that tall. My uncle is 6'8'' though, he's a big dude! I am pretty stout but you can't tell, because i dress very modestly.
Reply

AlbanianMuslim
02-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Wow that is so great of you to do that!
Reply

Supreme
02-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Italianguy
Sorry bro, I am only 6'2". Still tall , but not that tall. My uncle is 6'8'' though, he's a big dude! I am pretty stout but you can't tell, because i dress very modestly.
I'm still incredibly jealous of your height. Just six inches to grow before I'm as tall as you though.
Reply

Italianguy
02-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Supreme
I'm still incredibly jealous of your height. Just six inches to grow before I'm as tall as you though.
lol, do not be jealous or envious my brother, God has made you unique.:D for a purpose. ...plus being 6'2'' has plentyyyyyyy of dissadvantages....and i am 242 pounds, so being this big is allot of work! I am in the gym at least 2 times a day sometimes 3. Everyyyyyy singleeeeee dayyyyyyy:exhausted

God be with you bro....just be happy with your height....at least you can save money on cars, i have to buy big sedans:hmm:

Just because of my size, i had to buy a Lexus Ls460l just so i can put the seat back all the way... I can barely fit in my wifes car (Lexus Is350) and she has to sit with the seat all the way forward and.....sitting on a phone book just so she can see out of the windsheild. ....hehehe
Reply

cat eyes
02-08-2010, 12:59 PM
:sl: i can see the human race shrinking before my very eyes. i just saw a girl the other day and i think she was just 4,8 something like this and she was even wearing high heels i was towering over her :giggling:

I Think its great being tall cos people tend to keep away from you ;D

did you ever see in the movies where the little guy picks a fight with the tall guy and the tall guy stands up and the little guy nearly whee's his trousers muhahaha
Reply

sister herb
02-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Italianguy
This is a response to another members question to me on why i have 1 bad eye. It's an explanation of how it happened and easier than retyping it again. (it's a reply to a thread called 'had my hijab pulled off'

Sorry for you to have to experience this abuse. I am from NY city and saw this happen(almost exactly) too 2 Muslim women. there were about 6 guys harrasing women on the subway and long story short i told them to leave them alone. They said she was a terrorist for covering her head and one guy pulled off her hijab. I told them that if they didn't get away from them that i would get help to remove them(the guys) myself! nobody would help me. so i said it again and one of them hit me in the face,(my eye was crushed in the cornea and they thaught i was going to lose sight in that eye, praise God i didn't but it's still alittle blurry) i got up and stood in front of the Muslim women and told them if they got near them again i was cracking heads! onather tried to swing at me and i hit him and 2 or 3 others before the train came to a stop and the cops came. Believe it or not they tried to arrest me for assult until the 2 Women got off the train and told the cops i was deffending them. (durring the fight i got her cover back and gave it to her). One of them got my number and her husband called me and invited me to a dinner with all of them. Amazing! there were like 30 Muslims there thanking me, what a great reception and made lots of friends. Sometimes good comes out of bad i guess


God be with all of you
By some way you are hero, by some way you did what anyone should (but most dont).

I am personally member of Red Cross and I never go out without my little packet for first aid. This packet has everything needed to safe life of other human. Every one sees it know I am First Aid Trained and not harm me.



Even I use hijab.
Reply

Italianguy
02-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by sister harb
By some way you are hero, by some way you did what anyone should (but most dont).

I am personally member of Red Cross and I never go out without my little packet for first aid. This packet has everything needed to safe life of other human. Every one sees it know I am First Aid Trained and not harm me.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:l...d-Cross101.png

Even I use hijab.
Your right, everybody should do something. But then again, I pray that this doesn't happen oftenimsad

All of my vehicles carry a first aid kit. It's a smart thing to do. All Lexus vehicles come with one, but I put a bigger one in the trunk ("Boot" for you brits) just in case.
Reply

Mujahideen92
02-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Wow amazing story...I pray God blesses you in this life and hereafter
Reply

Italianguy
02-09-2010, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by Mujahideen92
Wow amazing story...I pray God blesses you in this life and hereafter
Thanks brother! And unto you the same. May Allah bless you with the reward of eternal happiness and content.Ameen
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-01-2013, 06:05 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 05:12 PM
  3. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 02:58 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-23-2007, 11:48 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 12:30 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!