/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How can I make a change to the condition of the ummah?

Salahudeen
02-07-2010, 01:19 AM
what do you guys think?? how can we as individual Muslims make a change to the ummah and make the condition of it better?

I feel so helpless, there has to be something we can do as individuals to make a positive change to the ummah imsad,

I'm in education and I plan to do lots if I graduate and get a job, but there has to be something at the moment I can do to help the ummah and bring change imsad

I don't just want my life to pass by without doing anything significant to improve the condition of the ummah, but the thought comes "what can you do by yourself?"

why don't we make a "benefit the ummah guide" or something which has a list of beneficial things in it for the ummah that we as individual muslim's can aim to achieve.

something the youth can also do and then distribute it, I really want change to happen imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdul Rahmaan
02-07-2010, 03:41 AM
First step that I'd suggest is that bring a change in yourself. Charity begins at home as the saying goes.

Salahudeen
02-07-2010, 12:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Rahmaan
First step that I'd suggest is that bring a change in yourself. Charity begins at home as the saying goes.
We are all constantly striving to become better Muslim's but the fact is we will never reach perfection, so there must be something we can do at the same time to aid the ummah while we try to change ourselves. imsad

aamirsaab
02-07-2010, 12:35 PM
:sl:
Help yourself and help others. Even if it is something small.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abdul Rahmaan
02-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Have you gone through this article?

Marjona
02-08-2010, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
what do you guys think?? how can we as individual Muslims make a change to the ummah and make the condition of it better?

I feel so helpless, there has to be something we can do as individuals to make a positive change to the ummah imsad,

I'm in education and I plan to do lots if I graduate and get a job, but there has to be something at the moment I can do to help the ummah and bring change imsad

I don't just want my life to pass by without doing anything significant to improve the condition of the ummah, but the thought comes "what can you do by yourself?"

why don't we make a "benefit the ummah guide" or something which has a list of beneficial things in it for the ummah that we as individual muslim's can aim to achieve.

something the youth can also do and then distribute it, I really want change to happen imsad
Dear brother
i also wanted and still want to do a lot InshAallah
i started my step of studying and knowing more about Islam...history,creation,Prophets, Qu`ran, everything not in details but at least a lot of general..then u take ur step by trying to explain and show path to others once u. urself are on the right track...but in order to be have to have enough knowledge so one they ask us anything about our religion we have to answer with full and clear and exact answers,,,and then InshAllah deep inside that person will start thinking and rearching an knowing more things...we just need to give these people and push they will run automatically,,,

Uthman
02-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Check this article out: Paralysis by Analysis: A Rant on Beating Down Inaction

Asiyah3
02-08-2010, 09:50 PM
We could try to affect reuniting the Ummah.

And it was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "You will not enter Paradise until you (truly) believe, and you will not (truly) believe until you love one another. Shall I not tell you something which, if you do it, you will love one another? Spread the greeting of salaam amongst yourselves."

Narrated by Muslim, 54.

Nokiacrazi
02-23-2010, 12:13 AM
I think that it is important to improve your own character and also anyone else's. You should first ask Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) for guidance and help. Insha'Allah you will be helped.

The main thing I feel that should be done, (besides submitting your will to Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala)), is that you should clear misconceptions that are about religion amongst the non Muslims but also amongst the Muslims.

It is amazing how many people translate Jihad as Holy War. Infact, Jihad comes from the root word Jehada which means to struggle. Therefore Jihad means to strive to struggle, and in the Islamic context it means to strive against ones on evil inclinations, or to strive in the way of God. (jihad fisabilillah).

Infact the Arabic for Holy War is harban muqaddasah, which is no where to be found in the Qu'ran.

Insha'Allah we will all be united in following the Qu'ran and Sunnah. May Allah (swt) guide us all and Allah (swt) knows best.

waqas maqsood
02-23-2010, 12:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle

I understand where you coming from brother... Heres couple of suggestions: -

1. Before you can start helping the global ummah as a whole, start something small for example, have your local mosque as a base, or a community centre or even your house. HELP YOUR COMMUNITY N NEIGHBOURS. Create projects for everyone (start with moral issues e.g. drugs, education, computer classes etc...) Once you have created your base and you have contacts with everyone and everyone knows and trusts you, start with dawah work, help the needy and work closely with your local councillors, explain them of your vision.

But remember you got to strive with yourself because the community and neighbours will be trusting you, therefore you got to be a good, sincere muslim.
You got to educate and familiarise yourself with Islamic law, Qu'ran, Hadiths, etc... to help you with decision makings and to live a perfect islamic life. Once you can change your community, Inshallah you'll be changing the whole world...

transition?
02-23-2010, 12:46 AM
Raise awareness on those who are doing something, those who fight everyday in defense of their families and land.
Raise awareness on the situation on the Muslim Ummah, how many understand the actual situation of those oppressed beyond Palestine, Chechnya, Uszbekistan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, Egypt..etc?

Start with the people around you, are they in a condition to help take action? Collective awareness is the first step.
Support those who speak against leaders and ask for reform and a re-instatement of the khilifah, the true Islamic state and in turn are tortured. They come and leave unknown to the Ummah.
http://www.hizb-america.org/

waqas maqsood
02-23-2010, 01:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by transition?
Raise awareness on those who are doing something, those who fight everyday in defense of their families and land.
Raise awareness on the situation on the Muslim Ummah, how many understand the actual situation of those oppressed beyond Palestine, Chechnya, Uszbekistan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, Egypt..etc?

Start with the people around you, are they in a condition to help take action? Collective awareness is the first step.
Support those who speak against leaders and ask for reform and a re-instatement of the khilifah, the true Islamic state and in turn are tortured. They come and leave unknown to the Ummah.
http://www.hizb-america.org/
Subhanallah, Collective awareness is a great method. But I believe using your own skills to help humanity is as much important.

Once thing that I would like to clarrify, yes sister I understand your concern of those muslims oppressed in the selective countries you have mentioned. But I think its even more important to gain the trust of your muslim in your community, AS WELL AS NON-MUSLIM's trust.. And the most efficient method would be through practical, helping needy regardless of religion, raising awareness (as you've mentioned), creating projects, da'wah.

And Inshallah, will the re-instementation of the Khalifa take place...

transition?
02-23-2010, 01:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by waqas maqsood
Subhanallah, Collective awareness is a great method. But I believe using your own skills to help humanity is as much important.

Once thing that I would like to clarrify, yes sister I understand your concern of those muslims oppressed in the selective countries you have mentioned. But I think its even more important to gain the trust of your muslim in your community, AS WELL AS NON-MUSLIM's trust.. And the most efficient method would be through practical, helping needy regardless of religion, raising awareness (as you've mentioned), creating projects, da'wah.

And Inshallah, will the re-instementation of the Khalifa take place...
Lol, when did nonMuslims ever trust us? :D

I don't think after our efforts increase, and everyone is a great Muslim, a khilafah will magically appear. The cause of the majority of the problems today is there is no khilifah. We fail to realize the khilifah is the system in which we can collect zakah, feed the poor through the muslim treasury, give dawah to the nonMuslims, help people with marriages, ...etc.

We should recognize that we can only do so much as a discontinguous, targeted minority.

true, we should work to be better Muslims. but the only way we can be the best Muslims is through completing ALL OUR FARD as much as we can, each day at a time. including the fard of re-establishing the Islamic state. Today. we consider those who have not perfected Salah, and try to establish the khiliafah as hypocrites, but those who pray Salah and do not try to establish the Islamic state is hypocritical, too.
There are many things the ummah is facing and we must address them all.

When it comes to muslims dying the solution to the global ummah comes in the following ayah:

And what is [the matter] with you that you fight not in the cause of Allah and [for] the oppressed among men, women, and children who say, "Our Lord, take us out of this city of oppressive people and appoint for us from Yourself a protector and appoint for us from Yourself a helper?" (4:75)

If you understand arabic read this ayah in arabic. Allah used some very direct words here.

I don't understand enough arabic to go through the arabic tafsir so unfortunately I ahve to reply on a translation from a website:

Tafsir al-jalalayn:
What is wrong with you, that you do not fight: this is an interrogative of rebuke, in other words, there is nothing to prevent you from fighting, in the way of God, and for, the deliverance of, the oppressed men, women, and children, whom the disbelievers persecuted and prevented from emigrating. Ibn ‘Abbās, may God be pleased with him and his father, said, ‘My mother and I were among them’; who say, supplicating, ‘O, our Lord, bring us forth from this town, Mecca, whose people are evildoers, through unbelief, and appoint for us a protector from You, to take charge of our affair, and appoint for us from You a helper’, to defend us against them. God responded to their supplication and facilitated escape for some of them, while others remained behind until Mecca was conquered — in charge of them the Prophet (s) placed ‘Attāb b. Asīd, who proceeded to seek justice for the wronged from those that had wronged them.

Qtafsir for ibn kathir:
http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...34&Itemid=59#1

This ayah as the scholars say is the obligation to physically fight to remove muslim from oppressors/occupiers upon them. This obligation never stops until everyone is liberated.

I wonder why no "scholars" here in the west talk about this....

I'm saying concentrate on the Muslim lands because that's where the Islamic state is most likely to be established. Therefore, once again we can see people making Hijrah for the sake of Allah and protecting their deen to a land that does not oppress Muslims but upholds them and is a means for them to enter Jannah!

My point is that all the Fard are important. Since on the Day of Judgment, we will be accounted for it, we should try to do as much as we can for all of them.

The Messenger of Allah (saw) has given the good news of the return of the Khilafah in his hadith:

“The Prophethood will last among you for as long as Allah wills, then Allah would take it away. Then it will be (followed by) a Khilafah Rashidah (rightly guided) according to the ways of the Prophethood. It will remain for as long as Allah wills, then Allah would take it away. Afterwards there will be a hereditary leadership which will remain for as long as Allah wills, and then He will lift it if He wishes. Afterwards, there will be biting oppression, and it will last for as long as Allah wishes, then He will lift it if He wishes. Then there will be a Khilafah Rashidah according to the ways of the Prophethood.” Then he kept silent.” (Musnad Imam Ahmad (v/273))

Islam is a form of guidance for Muslims in this life. So when it comes to religious obligations, it highlights the right hukm for establishing a khilafah << and this is what the scholars should be addressing and what we should be concerned with.

waqas maqsood
02-23-2010, 02:02 AM
This is where our difference of opinion lie.

We should never stop to educate Islam to non-muslims. We can win their trust because Islam is such a perfect religion, actually, not just a religion but how to live a perfect life.

A khilafa can always initiate while gaining the trust of non-muslim. non muslims are just lost cause.

Little things like gaining their trust, increasing social morality (of course compliying with the Shariah law), educating them the beautiful religion as well as educating and practise ourselves.

Creating a Khilafah straight away will only cause more disruptions and hatred against Islam. Not that I'm against sch movement. But a more logic approach should be taken.

We can't turn Britain or US into an Islamic state overnight... We need to set an example, and Islamic State like Saudi Arabia isn't exactly the best example. I was browsing through Forbes.com last night checking billionnaires in this world and within the top10, we have atleast 4 Muslims (one of them is King Abdullah). Now King Abdullah may not even know all the names of his children with the number of wives he has and with all that money, he could put it in better use looking at the Islamic perspective. He doesn't even have a beard, the beautiful Sunnah of the prophet. You expect him to be a lead example as being the ruler of the Beautiful state of Islam.

Islam is not only for Muslims, Islam is for the whole humanity and it is ou duty to go that extra length to educate non-muslims as it is our DUTIE as priviledged Muslims.

transition?
02-23-2010, 02:37 AM
This is where our difference of opinion lie.

We should never stop to educate Islam to non-muslims. We can win their trust because Islam is such a perfect religion, actually, not just a religion but how to live a perfect life.

A khilafa can always initiate while gaining the trust of non-muslim. non muslims are just lost cause.

Little things like gaining their trust, increasing social morality (of course compliying with the Shariah law), educating them the beautiful religion as well as educating and practise ourselves.

Creating a Khilafah straight away will only cause more disruptions and hatred against Islam. Not that I'm against sch movement. But a more logic approach should be taken.

We can't turn Britain or US into an Islamic state overnight... We need to set an example, and Islamic State like Saudi Arabia isn't exactly the best example. I was browsing through Forbes.com last night checking billionnaires in this world and within the top10, we have atleast 4 Muslims (one of them is King Abdullah). Now King Abdullah may not even know all the names of his children with the number of wives he has and with all that money, he could put it in better use looking at the Islamic perspective. He doesn't even have a beard, the beautiful Sunnah of the prophet. You expect him to be a lead example as being the ruler of the Beautiful state of Islam.

Islam is not only for Muslims, Islam is for the whole humanity and it is ou duty to go that extra length to educate non-muslims as it is our DUTIE as priviledged Muslims.

The khilifah has a system for educating nonMuslims/spreading awareness about our deen. In fact, they send out the best of the Ummah in the kuffar lands. Rather than today, where we spend our time in kuffar lands and we are affected by their ideology. MUSLIMS themselves barely understand Islam.
It has been an efficient system for the past hundreds of years. :D

I'm not saying we stop giving dawah. The truth is the kuffar will reject Islam even if they hear it. Dawah is important but for the Muslims that already exist, there needs to be a state so we can protect ourselves. I think we need to take on all our obligations than one.

How can you deny the importance of establishment of the Khilifah, something that is ordained by Allah (swt) as the best system for humanity, because you believe it will interfere with something.

Obviously, the leader would need to change when he accepts Islam in its truest form.

waqas maqsood
02-23-2010, 02:54 AM
Let me just make it clear.. I AM NOT DENYING THE IMPORTANCE OF THE KHILAFAH... But the fact to initiate the khilafah is not the right time.

Look at it from a non-muslim perpective.... When a khilafah takes place with compliance of the Shariah law, it will create more hatred and distance between the Muslim and non-muslim.

I accept the ideology but not the method...

transition?
02-23-2010, 04:07 AM
Let me just make it clear.. I AM NOT DENYING THE IMPORTANCE OF THE KHILAFAH... But the fact to initiate the khilafah is not the right time.

Look at it from a non-muslim perpective.... When a khilafah takes place with compliance of the Shariah law, it will create more hatred and distance between the Muslim and non-muslim.

I accept the ideology but not the method...
akhi, look, you can spend multiple lifetimes giving dawah to people, but only an X amount of people who will accept Islam.

Let me just make this clear, there will ALWAYS BE hatred for the Muslims. It's the nature of those who reject Islam. Such people will always exist.

Only through the khilafah can we truly overlook the dawah department. It's one of the reasons the khilafah was created. let me just make this clear... they...have.. a... dawah... department... dedicated to spreading the deen..........
The state will find quality people quality people, true authorities onLE Islam, rather have self-procliamed authorities. Look at the chaos, right now, everyone thinks they are on the righteous path. I mean we are in a shortage of scholars. We lack the organization and infrastructure for those to learn.
;D It's almost laughable that you think most people are in a position of giving dawah. Today, most people are students of students of students of students of students of students of scholars. Most of us are laymen, you want us to give the correct dawah?

Why will there be hatred if there is a khilafah. Think,.... why would people hate the success of Muslims? They wouldn't if they had a brain, they would see a system that works.... based on a religion that is REALITY.

When there was a khilafah and it was the Golden age of Islam, the world awed at the Muslims. Arabic was teh like the English of that day. Arabic dominated the professional, scientifica, social spheres.

It's just your opinion when it should start, but like any fard, we'll be held accountable for it in our lifetimes.

transition?
02-23-2010, 04:11 AM
The Fardiyyah (obligation) of working for Khilafah: http://islamicsystem.blogspot.com/20...rking-for.html

transition?
02-23-2010, 04:17 AM
وَمَا خَلَقۡتُ ٱلۡجِنَّ وَٱلۡإِنسَ إِلَّا لِيَعۡبُدُونِ'
And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.

(Qur'an 51:56)

We follow the Commands of Allah (swt) despite the consequences. Islam is guidance and we look to the Quran and sunnah for the command and how to follow our fard, such as the khilafah. We do not follow our opinions and theory on how, when or where to establish the khilafah, but to the Commands of Allah (swt) and Sunnah of the Prophet.
We should follow guidance through the Quran and Sunnah, thus to establish the khilafah and not our own view on it.

We, as Muslims, will not benefit from a person's opinions unless you have daleel/evidence from Islamic sources to support.

waqas maqsood
02-23-2010, 04:22 AM
Sis,

put it this way... u start a khilafah, the kuffar will think u started an army... They will think Islam is spreading by sword... They will believe Islam as a terrorist religion.

It best to clear this negativity images in non-muslim mind and educate how peaceful the religion is before one can think of such movement.

Beside our muslim brothers are too involved into politics and nationalism that they do not have time for a khilafah movement.

Believe me sis, I would love to see a khilafah where we have a leader who can speak behalf of ALL muslims.

Even though we know the khilafah will be very beneficial, it will create unity, it will be fair to all inclusive of non-muslim matters, etc..., u cannot create a khilafah and make more enemies than we have.. We already have enough on the plate.

A khilafah will literally mean war between Muslims and non muslims.

transition?
02-23-2010, 04:38 AM
Sis,

put it this way... u start a khilafah, the kuffar will think u started an army... They will think Islam is spreading by sword... They will believe Islam as a terrorist religion.

It best to clear this negativity images in non-muslim mind and educate how peaceful the religion is before one can think of such movement.

Beside our muslim brothers are too involved into politics and nationalism that they do not have time for a khilafah movement.

Believe me sis, I would love to see a khilafah where we have a leader who can speak behalf of ALL muslims.

Even though we know the khilafah will be very beneficial, it will create unity, it will be fair to all inclusive of non-muslim matters, etc..., u cannot create a khilafah and make more enemies than we have.. We already have enough on the plate.

A khilafah will literally mean war between Muslims and non muslims.

The Muslims are blessed. Don't fear the kuffar! You think that will be a good excuse on the Day of Judgement? How will we confront Allah (swt) on the Day of Judgement with excuses?!
Who cares what they call us, we try and do everything to correct it but the enemies of Allah (swt) are at work.
The enemies plan, but Allah is the Best Planner!

Just think of the Muslimahs, they call us terrorist and backward and when they cover up.... but they know we are only on this Earth to follow the Command of Allah (swt) despite the consequences on this Earth. Life is temporary but our final abode is eternity!

We can live peacefully as another nation. But the enemies of Islam will never rest to misconstrue the image of Islam, but that should not be our excuse. What they do never stops us if we try. Because Allah (swt) is Our Helper.

[Mulk 67:20] Or which army do you have that will help you against the Most Gracious? The disbelievers are in nothing except an illusion.

Not only that is that He blesses us with Sustenance, Knowledge, Imaan !
[Mulk 67:21] Or who is such that will give you sustenance if Allah stops His sustenance? In fact they persist in rebellion and hatred.

Fear the Wrath of Allah (swt) than what the kuffar think and do! For this life is temporary and the Hereafter is for an eternity! Are you ready to risk billions and billions of years in Hellfire

Btw, a Muslim Caliph is not alone. He has the help of the Scholars. He can make mistakes but we have an entire body to govern us and correct the Caliph if needed.

Nokiacrazi
02-23-2010, 05:46 PM
I agree that the Khilafah should be re-established. Unfortunately it was abolished by the westerners many centuries ago. With a Khaleefah we can do wonders insha'Allah.

Since this was how Islam started, we must continue with it.

"O you who have believed, enter into Islam completely [and perfectly] and do not follow the footsteps of Satan. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy." [Surah Al-Baqarah - 2:208]

brotherubaid
02-24-2010, 10:34 PM
The condition of the Ummah will never change untill n unless the come back to the Quran n Sunnah n abandon the innovations n shirk n sins.

Allah's help does not come to Ummahs filled with shirk n sins n innovations n far away from the deen

situation of Ummahs do not change unless they change their selfes

unless creeds n aqaidh change

unless quran n sunnah is followed

tayek1967
05-02-2012, 09:45 AM
At first I change myself mindlessly than we can change as individual Muslims ummah better & upgradeable, Which laying present situation. may be we make a lot and make the condition of it better. thanks.

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 09:55 AM
:salamext:

Only difficult thing is that the police arrests anyone who tries to make a difference.

Fiona
05-02-2012, 10:44 PM
I think Allah is in control of all that not any one of us. After all it is not in our hands to change people. What is in our hands is changing ourselves though. I think we must focus on what we can do and not what we cannot do.

dqsunday
05-03-2012, 01:37 AM
Spreading awareness of what Islam truly is by being the best representative of Islam is the best place to start. Become as knowledgeable as you can about what Islam is, the Qur'an, sunnah, etc. Work with your local Islamic community and Masjid and do charity events. Many towns and cities may have cultural centers, where activities or presentations of any religion and culture can be done. Even local schools, may be willing to allow a Muslim to speak about Islam to educate children.

Get a group of your brothers or sisters together, brain storm ideals on how to present a better light on Islam to your local communities. Raising public awareness can go a long way to showing what true Islam is. So many people have incorrect information about Islam. Women are oppressed because they are made to cover, they are beaten by their husbands/fathers etc. (maybe this does happen but its not something encouraged or even lawful in Islam itself) Nor are Muslims all terrorists etc. Just informing people they have only ever truly heard one side of the story can go a long way to open their minds to learn more.

Misinformation is a big problem in all aspects of life. Many people just assume what they see on TV or read online is the truth, or what their parents tell them is the truth. Some of it of course is true but often its truth based on incorrect facts, outright lies, rumors etc. Or simply media sensationalizing some minor or totally untrue thing to sell the story. One thing I have noticed in my translation of the Qur'an is the emphasis on learning, of using your reason, to see the truth. So many people don't bother looking for answers..or just accept the first answer they get, even if the source is totally wrong.

Thus, taking the time to have your community or even youth group to work up on presenting the truth of Islam can help your local Muslim and non-Muslim community. Maybe compile the Top 10 Myths people believe about Muslims and explain why they are wrong with good solid facts. Or even conducting a survey, ask random people what they think when they hear Islam or Muslim... things like that.

Or, as mentioned before, could help local charities, raise awareness or funds to give to the poor.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.