/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A small word of advice for those responding to the Advice and Support threads

AnonymousPoster
02-07-2010, 10:56 AM
:sl:

Recently, in the advice and support section, suggestions have made directly or indirectly, perhaps unintentionally, that some OPs posting threads in this section are fabricating their stories or lying, and that those responding who ask further questions to clarify the situation, are doing so in order to gossipmonger. This is hurtful to all concerned, particularly the OPs.

Some points to consider:

Firstly, do we have any proof that the stories are fabrications? if some of the stories seem incredulous, then that means we are extremely fortunate not to have gone through such problems, and that alone should be enough to make us bow our heads to Allah in deepest gratitude.

Secondly, those that ask for further details usually do so in order to clarify the situation before advice can be given. Such well wishers should not be thought or suspected ill of without grounds.

Thirdly, if we, at any stage, begin to have unfounded suspicions, we should recite the ta'awwuth and Surah an-Naas.

Fourthly, if you do suspect a story is fabricated, please PM a mod along with the proof for it so that they may take action.

Fifthly, nobody is compelling anyone that they must reply to threads in this section, if they have no advice/support to contribute then they need not post.

Rasoolullah :saws: said “Part of a person’s being a good Muslim is his leaving alone that which does not concern him” (narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2317, classed as saheeh by Ibn al-Qayyim in al-Jawaab al-Kaafi, p. 112) The Muslim is commanded either to speak good or to keep silent.

Jazaakumullah khair for taking the time to read this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
02-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Wa alaykum salam.

Good post.

Asiyah3
02-07-2010, 07:32 PM
:wa:
Good points brought out and a fitting hadith, masha'lLah.
JazakialLahu khairan for posting it.

AnonymousPoster
02-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Good post.

Also I feel like there is a lot of bickering going on when people differ in opinions (not excluding myself either from this but i am trying to make a conscious effort to be nicer)
Maybe we could all try to see other peoples points of view without reacting negatively or replying in a respectful way even if we are disagreeing OR staying out of the thread all together if you feel yourself getting angry.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S<Chowdhury
02-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Good Post and good points :statisfie :wa:

جوري
02-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Jazaka Allah khyran OP..
and all those who dedicate themselves to the service of others in word or deed or du3a..
It can be the only bit of sobering advise or comforting words that one might receive, there is certainly no reason to discomfit someone who is already emotionally upset by casting even more doubt on their claims..

:w:

hanif_
02-08-2010, 03:56 PM

I really differ in opinion. Because I see something totally different. Unable to question the intent of a person but it appears the same posters with the same methodology after a question has been addressed. Allah 'Alim

AnonymousPoster
02-08-2010, 04:04 PM
As Salamu `Alaikum

I can agree in substance but in reviewing the same posters who respond I can only admit that most of the inquiry is only furthering gossip. After solutions are provided what is the continued need for other posters to continue to inquiry into details when the generalized question has been addressed. And this isn't a one time occurrence. It is the same posters. Just review the advice for confirmation. View the history.

Read the following hadith and pray this isn't your intent.

Don’t talk too much or talk about other people

Narrated Al-Mughira:

The Prophet said, "Allah has forbidden you ( 1 ) to be undutiful to your mothers (2) to withhold (what you should give) or (3) demand (what you do not deserve), and (4) to bury your daughters alive. And Allah has disliked that (A) you talk too much about others ( B), ask too many questions (in religion), or (C) waste your property."
Sahih Al Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 6:

★ηαѕιнα★
02-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah about that..I was wondering do i belong to those group of people? Cos it wasnt my intention to do so and if i did i would appreciate it if someone told me by pm. So i can be sure i mind my words.

Salaam

S<Chowdhury
02-08-2010, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hanif_
S<Chowdhury:

Why are you holding me responsible for someone else. I can't speak for them. Request they respond. You and your cohort erroneously accused me of something and don't have the Iman to apologize.

It was my mistake even posting on this thread.
Brother I'm sorry and i ask for your forgiveness if did offend you or fasly accussed but i was talking generally but anyway I'm sorry imsad, somewhere along the line I either made a mistake and implied wrongly or i didnt read a post correctly.

Muhammad
02-08-2010, 05:53 PM

Jazakallaahu khayran for the advice.

If anyone feels that a post is not genuine or that a topic should be closed, please contact one of the moderators by using PM, reporting a post or posting in the Helpdesk section. But arguing in threads will not solve such problems.

Regarding the point about asking too many questions - both sides may have a point. Some questions may be necessary to give the most appropriate advice, yet at the same time we should be cautious not to ask for unnecessary details.

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.