/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dream job

AlbanianMuslim
02-07-2010, 07:39 PM
So i know most of us either already have jobs or are students, but what would be your ultimate dream job, something that you have not achieved but if given the opportunity you would take it in a heartbeat..?

Ill start...

Mine would be a professor or teacher at an Islamic university in Egypt or somewhere where there is more people who follow Islam rather than being here in the West.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
02-07-2010, 07:43 PM
mine would be a secluded reclusive mystic in the Himalayan forests. Discussing philosophy with Hindu sages and sadhus.

Salahudeen
02-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Imam of masjid al haram leading the prayers, actually imam of any masjid, that's a dream job,

it pays you in the akhira and it pays you in this life also :)

when I was little I wanted to be a F1 driver or a footballer, I like the idea of travelling and being in a different place every week, constantly on the road and never settling in one place. That would make me feel good I think, moving to a new place every week.

CosmicPathos
02-07-2010, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
Imam of masjid al haram leading the prayers, actually imam of any masjid, that's a dream job,

it pays you in the akhira and it pays you in this life also :)

when I was little I wanted to be a F1 driver or a footballer, I like the idea of travelling and being in a different place every week, constantly on the road and never settling in one place. That would make me feel good I think, moving to a new place every week.
become a mystic like me. We could wander on foot through the whole of India and beyond in search of God's signs. And of course write poetry in between.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AlbanianMuslim
02-07-2010, 07:51 PM
lol i love that. i find that amusing and admirable.
poetry is amazing

Salahudeen
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
become a mystic like me. We could wander on foot through the whole of India and beyond in search of God's signs.
;D that is appealing I must say, I like the idea of wandering and not being tied down to 1 place.

Beardo
I would like to be an Imam and college/university professor one day Insha'Allah Ta'ala.

waqas maqsood
02-08-2010, 03:37 AM
Dream Job? Stopped dreaming.. Don't have one

I just want a decent halal job that pays me enough to support me, my wife (one day Inshallah) and my family.

When I was young, I always wanted to be a fireman. Don't ask me why.. Probably because my favourity toy that I had was a fire engine.

But anyway, cant fullfil my childhood dream coz I got asthma. lol

well, Im hoping to finish my degree inshallah and teach Science Chemistry to children ages 11-16 years old (High School).

Zarmina
02-08-2010, 04:08 AM
A job that actually paid all my bills. :)

AlbanianMuslim
02-08-2010, 09:10 PM
^
lol love that response

Salahudeen
02-08-2010, 09:28 PM
A qur'an teacher is also a nice job ;D

cat eyes
02-08-2010, 09:30 PM
:sl:my dream job would be travelling the world and spreading islam everyday of the week and getting to see this beautiful creation at the same time :statisfie

also id like to be a teacher teaching the quran and islamic studies... inshaAllah it will happen maybe one day.

cat eyes
02-08-2010, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zarmina
A job that actually paid all my bills. :)
not to worry sis Allah will always have food on your plate everyday inshaAllah and still have money left over to pay bills...

aadil77
02-08-2010, 09:57 PM
F1 engineer or F1 driver or F1 team owner

Life_Is_Short
02-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Something that leads to greater good like the chairwoman of the biggest charity organisation. :)

Italianguy
02-08-2010, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Something that leads to greater good like the chairwoman of the biggest charity organisation. :)
Speaking of that, what is the lagest Islamic ran and faith based charity orginazation in the world?

sister herb
02-08-2010, 11:39 PM
I work now my dream job; I study my language to immigrants.

:statisfie

Life_Is_Short
02-08-2010, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Speaking of that, what is the lagest Islamic ran and faith based charity orginazation in the world?
Muslim World League, The International Islamic Relief Organization and Islamic Relief.

Kas1m
02-08-2010, 11:49 PM
My dreamjob would be to become a truck driver:) Inshallah

cat eyes
02-09-2010, 12:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
a truck driver ;D thats your dream job? you could apply for that job now even? you know you could be successful as long as you have your driving license and everything

Kas1m
02-09-2010, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
a truck driver ;D thats your dream job? you could apply for that job now even? you know you could be successful as long as you have your driving license and everything
Okay whats the defination of dream job? Is it something that you dream of and cant get
Or is it something that u can dream of and can get the job and everything...because nothing is impossible

KittenLover
02-09-2010, 12:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
;D;D

format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
aah bless may Allah give u ur dream job little bro.

gladTidings
02-09-2010, 12:07 AM
a housewife =) and when im not doing that I would like to be building a business from scratch and work for myself and then help out less fortunate brothers and sisters in the world and invest in charities and madrassah's for the hereafter.

Italianguy
02-09-2010, 12:17 AM
I'm tired of being a CEO of my own company!......I would rather be flipping burgers, ....here i come McDonalds.lol

Mujahideen92
02-09-2010, 01:01 AM
Well im in high school, and i hope to be a doctor someday. Maybe even a surgeon but thats pushing it..

Italianguy
02-09-2010, 01:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahideen92
Well im in high school, and i hope to be a doctor someday. Maybe even a surgeon but thats pushing it..
Thats not pushing it. Work hard at it. You WILL be what you want to be. God be with you.

P.s. Maybe since your in Virginia, you could go to UVA medical....that's where my wifes sister is right now for med school:D UVA is one of the best med schools.

Getoffmyback
02-09-2010, 08:50 AM
My dream is to turn my family owned business into an empire like ikea :( GetoffmybackEA

waqas maqsood
02-09-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm tired of being a CEO of my own company!......I would rather be flipping burgers, ....here i come McDonalds.lol
lol... Burger King more like! Sure your not over qualified to flip burgers!

Italianguy
02-09-2010, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by waqas maqsood
lol... Burger King more like! Sure your not over qualified to flip burgers!
As long as Burger King pays better i'm there!lol I may be over qualified but they don't have to know that;D.......I would probably burn the food anyway and get fired:raging:

Asiyah3
02-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Working in NASA sounds nice.

Woodrow
02-09-2010, 03:19 PM
You don't hear much about it but I suspect Muslim Hands is.

http://www.muslimhands.org/en/gb/

Italianguy
02-09-2010, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
You don't hear much about it but I suspect Muslim Hands is.

http://www.muslimhands.org/en/gb/
Thanks uncle:D

Mujahideen92
02-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Thats not pushing it. Work hard at it. You WILL be what you want to be. God be with you.

P.s. Maybe since your in Virginia, you could go to UVA medical....that's where my wifes sister is right now for med school:D UVA is one of the best med schools.
Thanks, yeah im probably going to VCU, so ill be going to MCV for med school. But UVA is always an option!

Froggy
02-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Plastic reconstructive surgeon or a neurologist.

Italianguy
02-09-2010, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Froggy
Plastic reconstructive surgeon or a neurologist.
Now that's some high reaching positions to acheive. I hope you get there!:D

My father was a Neurologist/neurosurgeon.......and a lawyer:statisfie

Froggy
02-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Now that's some high reaching positions to acheive. I hope you get there!:D

My father was a Neurologist/neurosurgeon.......and a lawyer:statisfie
What, both? How long did it take him to get there?
That's practical actually, every time you mess up peoples heads you can defend yourself in court and save money on a lawyer.

Italianguy
02-09-2010, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Froggy
What, both? How long did it take him to get there?
That's practical actually, every time you mess up peoples heads you can defend yourself in court and save money on a lawyer.
He was 38 by the time he was finished acquiring his degrees. As well he had 2 othe minors and 1 more major. He basically lived in universities. .....sadly he passed away at 40imsad

Mujahideen92
02-09-2010, 09:45 PM
He was 38 by the time he was finished acquiring his degrees. As well he had 2 othe minors and 1 more major. He basically lived in universities. .....sadly he passed away at 40imsad
Im sorry man, but he was a very successful man no doubt. Not many men make it to be a neurosurgeon, let alone a neurosurgeon AND a lawyer.

Italianguy
02-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Im sorry man, but he was a very successful man no doubt. Not many men make it to be a neurosurgeon, let alone a neurosurgeon AND a lawyer.
His educational success was admirable, there is o doubt about it, but...it came at an expense...I never saw him much, and when we did he was studying or working...overall he could not take the addiction to school (i know that sounds weird but true) as well as the unimaginable amount of stress from work. He was a partner at a lawfirm in NY City and a surgeon as well at the same time...he took his own lifeimsad

Please everybody, don't let ambitions of education and employment take away from your time spent with your family and God. Don't let your work take you over.

God bless.

_PakistaN_
02-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Mine would be becomming a UFC Fighter. Also being the heavy weight champion =)

CosmicPathos
02-10-2010, 02:12 AM
Thanks, yeah im probably going to VCU, so ill be going to MCV for med school. But UVA is always an option!
Did you already get admission? I got booted pre-interview from quite some. Case, Vanderbilt, GWU, Georgetown .... post interview boot from Jeff... my app is so disgusting that even Upstate and Rosalind are top-tiers for me. wonder if I'm good enough for the carribeans.

the letters are piled up on the table across me right now ..its like cosmic dagger sinking through me.... i just hope it is for something better.

Italianguy
02-10-2010, 02:28 AM
Did you already get admission? I got booted pre-interview from quite some. Case, Vanderbilt, GWU, Georgetown .... post interview boot from Jeff... my app is so disgusting that even Upstate and Rosalind are top-tiers for me. wonder if I'm good enough for the carribeans.

the letters are piled up on the table across me right now ..its like cosmic dagger sinking through me.... i just hope it is for something better.
Wow, I was accepted to GWU. Thats one of or is the most expensive schools in the country, so don't feel bad Wahabi:D You will get into a great school, Maybe Harvard or Yale even:D

sister herb
02-10-2010, 06:49 AM
I have other one.

;D

When I was 18 I got mad dream to my head. I wanted to make voluntary work to some Palestinian resistance organization. Now I am 43 and have done it last 4 years. Ok ok it took almost 20 years but finally I made my dream true.

SMA89
02-10-2010, 07:33 AM
My Dream job would be to own my own company and also to travel around the world to do projects around the world. I can't settle to one location. I love travelling. I would also love my company to be a social business where the company helps the world develop in all areas.

Grofica
02-10-2010, 08:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlbanianMuslim
So i know most of us either already have jobs or are students, but what would be your ultimate dream job, something that you have not achieved but if given the opportunity you would take it in a heartbeat..?

Ill start...

Mine would be a professor or teacher at an Islamic university in Egypt or somewhere where there is more people who follow Islam rather than being here in the West.

mine would be to work for google... not only go i love their man services but wow have you seen the pics of their offices... WOW!!!!!!!

I LOVE GOOGLE!!!!!:embarrass:embarrass

either that or i would like to work in the Sarajevo embassy or for the UN in bosnia somewhere so i could be closer to my in-laws

I love my inlaws!!!! :embarrass:embarrass

Getoffmyback
02-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Really really i would like to own a high end shoe shop not any shoes . With a trappy decor mixture of modern and victorian . And lots of nice wood work and leather in it . Also when we will reach the technology of virtual warfare i want one. Also a target shooting range where you can try anything rpgs , sniper rifles , machine guns , 50 caliber , aks , m4s , even thompson if you want. not just the boring 9 mm guns. Also if i can get this gforce simulator.

Woodrow
02-10-2010, 12:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Getoffmyback
Really really i would like to own a high end shoe shop not any shoes . With a trappy decor mixture of modern and victorian . And lots of nice wood work and leather in it . Also when we will reach the technology of virtual warfare i want one. Also a target shooting range where you can try anything rpgs , sniper rifles , machine guns , 50 caliber , aks , m4s , even thompson if you want. not just the boring 9 mm guns. Also if i can get this gforce simulator.
a sad part of life is few of us will ever live long enough to be all of the things we wanted to be as kids.

But, one thing nice is we can try many things as hobbies and put our childhood desires to good use. Hobbies need not be idle time, they can turn into endeavors that benefit others.

You might consider some things like being a part time Firearms safety instructor as a hobby and think of owning a store as your income source.

Italianguy
02-10-2010, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
a sad part of life is few of us will ever live long enough to be all of the things we wanted to be as kids.

But, one thing nice is we can try many things as hobbies and put our childhood desires to good use. Hobbies need not be idle time, they can turn into endeavors that benefit others.

You might consider some things like being a part time Firearms safety instructor as a hobby and think of owning a store as your income source.
Uncle, ....I think he just wants to shoot stuff:phew

SMA89
02-11-2010, 04:31 AM
His educational success was admirable, there is o doubt about it, but...it came at an expense...I never saw him much, and when we did he was studying or working...overall he could not take the addiction to school (i know that sounds weird but true) as well as the unimaginable amount of stress from work. He was a partner at a lawfirm in NY City and a surgeon as well at the same time...he took his own lifeimsad

Please everybody, don't let ambitions of education and employment take away from your time spent with your family and God. Don't let your work take you over.

God bless.
Why did he take his own life? and how old were you when it happened?

Italianguy
02-11-2010, 04:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SMA89
Why did he take his own life? and how old were you when it happened?
Actually i am not sure of the whole story on why he took his own life? I was told because he couldn't handle everything anymore? Stress from overworking and his inability to shake the addiction to college. When he died he had just signed up for another Phd to be an Actuary. I was 8

SMA89
02-11-2010, 05:15 AM
Actually i am not sure of the whole story on why he took his own life? I was told because he couldn't handle everything anymore? Stress from overworking and his inability to shake the addiction to college. When he died he had just signed up for another Phd to be an Actuary. I was 8
Thats a lot of education. I'm sorry to hear about your loss especially at an early age. It must of been hard for you to grow up without a father.

Italianguy
02-11-2010, 05:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
I have other one.

;D

When I was 18 I got mad dream to my head. I wanted to make voluntary work to some Palestinian resistance organization. Now I am 43 and have done it last 4 years. Ok ok it took almost 20 years but finally I made my dream true.

JazakAllah to that:D If i even said that right?:embarrass

Abdul Qadir
02-11-2010, 05:54 AM
teach quran to kids, and give Da'wah in a special Da'wah system where there will be no Q&A session at the end...

tango92
02-11-2010, 06:14 AM
my dream job would be to be a messenger of Allah. but its quite apparent i havent got any necessary credentials.

in reality i would love to be an astronaut and make sajdah on the moon!

Abdul Qadir
02-11-2010, 06:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
my dream job would be to be a messenger of Allah. but its quite apparent i havent got any necessary credentials.
LOL!! no messenger after Muhammad (sallallahu'alaihiwasallam) dude! try applying for the Mahdi post..

tango92
02-11-2010, 07:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
LOL!! no messenger after Muhammad (sallallahu'alaihiwasallam) dude! try applying for the Mahdi post..
haha, i meant to be before the time of rasulullah saws

although i wouldnt mind being that young man who stands up to dajjal either.

Abdul Qadir
02-11-2010, 07:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
haha, i meant to be before the time of rasulullah saws

although i wouldnt mind being that young man who stands up to dajjal either.
who wouldn't!!!! hahaha..as long as u are able to bear the pain of being sawed into half....

IslamicRevival
02-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Dream job? To work as an Aerodynamicist in a Formula One team...

.....Or...If i was Hafiz...A teacher who taught and spread the beautiful words of Allah SWT

But as you say....Its only a dream...

Abdul Qadir
02-11-2010, 08:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Dream job? To work as an Aerodynamicist in a Formula One team...

.....Or...If i was Hafiz...A teacher who taught and spread the beautiful words of Allah SWT

But as you say....Its only a dream...
y is it that being a Hafiz is merely a dream to you?

IslamicRevival
02-11-2010, 08:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
y is it that being a Hafiz is merely a dream to you?
Because it will never happen imsad

*charisma*
02-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

A Doctor

Subhanallah there are so many different types of people who have memorized the Quran..from the blind to the elderly! Surely you have a much bigger advantage then them. :)

Fi aman Allah
w'alaikum asalaam

Abdul Qadir
02-11-2010, 09:20 AM
I was like u once akhee...but i have believe now...Alhamdulillah...May Allah Guide us...

muslimsister1
02-11-2010, 09:35 AM
:sl:

A simple job that pays enough to cover bills, food and kids (INSHALLAH), do not a lot of money cuz we are all going to be answerable to Allah SWT regarding how we spend our money.

:wa:

AlbanianMuslim
02-17-2010, 05:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

A Doctor

Mashallah...

I love meeting muslims who have attained very high levels of education. I myself am contemplating getting my PhD but dont quite know if it is right for me. I think people often mistake people who become doctors, lawyers, architects etc as money hungry, but most of them I feel like do it because they love it.

SMA89
02-17-2010, 05:35 AM
Getting paid to travel and enjoy life. :P

CosmicPathos
02-17-2010, 05:42 AM
Mashallah...

I love meeting muslims who have attained very high levels of education. I myself am contemplating getting my PhD but dont quite know if it is right for me. I think people often mistake people who become doctors, lawyers, architects etc as money hungry, but most of them I feel like do it because they love it.
money-hungry people also do things because they love money. If there is nothing wrong with loving one's job, there MUST be nothing wrong with loving money. I hate this stereotype against people who want to make money.

And lets admit, very few people would be willing to make personal sacrifices (studying and what not) to become radiologists or oncologists if they were told that they would earn not more than $50,000 per year as medical specialists. Future financial rewards, among other things, keep the medical students sane during their medical school years. No one would be willing to admit this but that is the reality.

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-17-2010, 06:13 AM
I don't want a job that requires me to just sit in an air-conditioned cabin and pays me USD5000 or so....I just want a job that'll pay me to lead my life peacefully and luxuriously and I want to do something for this Ummah...:statisfie

CosmicPathos
02-17-2010, 06:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmajid
I don't want a job that requires me to just sit in an air-conditioned cabin and pays me USD5000 or so....I just want a job that'll pay me to lead my life peacefully and luxuriously and I want to do something for this Ummah...:statisfie
always make intention to do something for Allah, not ummah. A reminder to myself first.

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-17-2010, 06:43 AM
always make intention to do something for Allah, not ummah. A reminder to myself first.
Okay I'll try to help this Ummah for Allah's sake...

Italianguy
02-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Mashallah...

Go for the PHD:D I am doing the same, but for a low paying degree (Seminary) Biblical theology. .....But i will always have my businesses and rental house income.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.