/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Am planing to get married but need sm advice...

Marjona
02-07-2010, 11:00 PM
I am a 19 years old female Muslim born and rise in a muslim family in central asia..1 in half back i met a 29 years Egyptian male...fell inlove with this person we had a relation for 6 month bu then time came to separate...he had other girls and cheated on me and lied to me...h hurted me very badly with his lie about him going to die soon and him seeing other girls....i left him he didnt resist...now after a year he wrote me and wants me back he says he realize his mistake and all the wrong he did and cannot be happy with anyone except with me...tells me he thought it was for sometime love we would forget each other we had culture an ae difeence didnt think it as reall...after breaking up and aftr lossing me he realise that he did wrong and all the other girls couldnt make him as happy as he was with me...now i still love him just like before ....i cried over him a lot...but am lost i dont know wht to do wht to think...can anyone help me...if there are any other details i will answer plz ask...our relation for 6 month wasnt seeing each other only through internet bcs i left to study ...he come to visit me,,,i need advice shell i get married to him or no...is he really changed ...am gonna risk a lot in life but dont want to regret of wht i do...plz help brothers and sisters...InshAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Italianguy
02-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Don't mess with him. Forget him. Isn't it wrong to engage in any sort of relationship outside of marriage.

God be with you.

Marjona
02-07-2010, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Marjona
I am a 19 years old female Muslim born and rise in a muslim family in central asia..1 in half back i met a 29 years Egyptian male...fell inlove with this person we had a relation for 6 month bu then time came to separate...he had other girls and cheated on me and lied to me...h hurted me very badly with his lie about him going to die soon and him seeing other girls....i left him he didnt resist...now after a year he wrote me and wants me back he says he realize his mistake and all the wrong he did and cannot be happy with anyone except with me...tells me he thought it was for sometime love we would forget each other we had culture an ae difeence didnt think it as reall...after breaking up and aftr lossing me he realise that he did wrong and all the other girls couldnt make him as happy as he was with me...now i still love him just like before ....i cried over him a lot...but am lost i dont know wht to do wht to think...can anyone help me...if there are any other details i will answer plz ask...our relation for 6 month wasnt seeing each other only through internet bcs i left to study ...he come to visit me,,,i need advice shell i get married to him or no...is he really changed ...am gonna risk a lot in life but dont want to regret of wht i do...plz help brothers and sisters...InshAllah
he is a muslim i am a muslim...i pray and have a strong beliefe in Allah...InshAllah,,,am just afraid to take a step in this marriage...but i know that everything that comes ...it comes from Allah....

cat eyes
02-07-2010, 11:44 PM
this is between you and Allah and nobody else never take guidance from anybody even though people care and everything but only Allah knows whats in this guys heart at the end of the day. maybe he is changed, who knows. do istikharah and then see how your heart feels then but don't rush in to anything to serious because relations outside of marriage is haraam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
02-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Isn't getting heartbroken one time enough how many times will you get heart broken until you come back to your senses and realize things?

just leave him sister its not worth it

Alpha Dude
02-07-2010, 11:48 PM
:sl: Sister, having a relationship before marriage is forbidden. The correct way to get married is for a man to approach your wali for permission to marry you. Then you can meet in the presence of your wali and see whether you are compatible. You should not seek to be alone with a guy without the presence of your wali. Unfortunately, by not following these rules, situations like yours develop.

However, what's done is done. Move on, repent and when you get any more proposals in future, adopt the method specified above inshaAllah.

In the case of this particular guy, you have two options.

1. You refuse him outright cos of his past behaviour. Frankly, I think this would be the best option.

2. You tell him to approach your wali if you are willing to give him a second chance. Don't let him come up with excuses as to why he cannot. If it is serious, get family involved else if he hesitates on this even one bit, move on without giving him a second thought.

Don't forget Istikarah salah.

Marjona
02-07-2010, 11:50 PM
he is a muslim i am a muslim...i pray and have a strong beliefe in Allah...InshAllah,,,am just afraid to take a step in this marriage...but i know that everything that comes ...it comes from Allah....
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
this is between you and Allah and nobody else never take guidance from anybody even though people care and everything but only Allah knows whats in this guys heart at the end of the day. maybe he is changed, who knows. do istikharah and then see how your heart feels then but don't rush in to anything to serious because relations outside of marriage is haraam.
Dear brother or sister
I did istikharah 3 times the 1 two was feeling very comfortable,,,and calm...but the last one was a past memory that had happened...when i pray i feel calm and i feel like getting married to only him and that this will be the best way for me....i just need sm prayers sm dua if u plz can...i love this person a lot maybe the reason i lost him once was because i saw nothing except him...but now i pray to Allah to make my iman stronger to always love and remember Allah first and main in life...am just afraid to make a mistake

'Abd-al Latif
02-08-2010, 12:17 AM
:salamext:

Ahh, Ahh my girlfriend!

Media Tags are no longer supported

AlbanianMuslim
02-08-2010, 02:32 AM
Dont do it. He hurt you once, he will hurt you again. He probably exhausted all other possibilities and you are his "safety net." I have seen it happen to other girls, dont let it happen to you.

Dagless
02-08-2010, 02:42 AM
I think you need to see if he really has changed. How is he different now? How can you confirm he won't cheat again? Look at other parts of his life (is he serious about his work? is he good to family? does he tell the truth (even in small matters)?). I don't believe in cutting people off without giving them a chance.

btw when I first read the thread title I thought it said "am planning to get married but need s&m advice". Not that this thread isn't interesting, but I can't help but feel let down.

Muslim Woman
02-08-2010, 03:02 AM
:sl:

I ...he come to visit me,,,
dont allow it, it's haram . talk to ur parent . If they agree , then tell him to send proposal through his parents.

In the meantime , as already suggested , try to know more about his present lifestyle. Does he go to bar , disco club , does he have girlfriends , does he offer salat regularly etc.

If you are not sure about istekhara , tell him to do it or ur parent can do it also. May Allah bless u with a pious husband , Ameen.

Marjona
02-08-2010, 07:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

dont allow it, it's haram . talk to ur parent . If they agree , then tell him to send proposal through his parents.

In the meantime , as already suggested , try to know more about his present lifestyle. Does he go to bar , disco club , does he have girlfriends , does he offer salat regularly etc.

If you are not sure about istekhara , tell him to do it or ur parent can do it also. May Allah bless u with a pious husband , Ameen.

Thank you brothers and sisters....
about the issue of his life ...he prays and fasts and stop going to clubs and bars for long...he stop contacting with any of his girlsfriends from the past...he tells me he changed a lot bcs he woke up now..he didnt see a lot which he sees right now...i know personally that ppl change once they regret or be aware of smth....am not planing to do any haram thats why and i dont want him to do it again with others aswell...he wants to get married this summer wants me to meet his parents and he meets my...i live in turkey he lives in dubai...he tells me a lot of him chaning but since am here i dont see it...and by the time we broke up in this whole 1 year i became more close to Allah this way....its shame to say but whenever we ppl feel bad and worn out or anything thats the time we are getting close to Allah....

Muslim Woman
02-08-2010, 08:39 AM

he lives in dubai.......

Don't u have relative or friend there ? Anyway , talk to ur parents first before promise him anything.

Asiyah3
02-08-2010, 09:49 AM
If you see he's a potential spouse (you're pleased with his character and religious commitment) and he truly has repented then as the other members have adviced you approch your walis.

:wa:

Rafeeq
02-08-2010, 10:19 AM
From the above posts, i could understand, you are acting as his lawyer and you have already decided what you are going to do. As many of brothers and sisters suggested you the way opposite you are trying some one you to suggest. Now it is your own decesion.

All what you are explaining in above trails is what he said you. You are just 19, and many other good boys are there in the world for you, why don't you trust in Allah.

Ummu Sufyaan
02-08-2010, 10:28 AM
so if he cared about you so much, why didnt he contact your wali instead of you? has he even inquired about your wali? when the cat's away, the mice come out to play.
maybe its because every other girls left him that he has come to mend his ego because he knows you are waiting for him

Marjona
02-08-2010, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rafeeq
From the above posts, i could understand, you are acting as his lawyer and you have already decided what you are going to do. As many of brothers and sisters suggested you the way opposite you are trying some one you to suggest. Now it is your own decesion.

All what you are explaining in above trails is what he said you. You are just 19, and many other good boys are there in the world for you, why don't you trust in Allah.
Dear brother
am just trying to understand of wht he said how much can it be true..as a man you ...if u be in his situation wht would u do ? am 19 but am enough mature in my age i live and study away from family and country...i always take my decisions myself thats true but smtimes 1 brain is good 2 are better...when i look at him i see one thing but sm smone else looks they might see more ....thats wht am trying to figure out...

Marjona
02-08-2010, 11:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
so if he cared about you so much, why didnt he contact your wali instead of you? has he even inquired about your wali? when the cat's away, the mice come out to play.
maybe its because every other girls left him that he has come to mend his ego because he knows you are waiting for him

he contacted me as he says to see weather i can fogive and forget wht was in the past and strting living a better future...after my desicion he will take action on wali and parents and everything...or maybe as u said they left him he came back....but as i know him he can find anyone else if he wills but wants me...but i dont know how much true it wil be...

cat eyes
02-08-2010, 12:45 PM
he contacted me as he says to see weather i can fogive and forget wht was in the past and strting living a better future...after my desicion he will take action on wali and parents and everything...or maybe as u said they left him he came back....but as i know him he can find anyone else if he wills but wants me...but i dont know how much true it wil be...
so thats why you should do istikhara and see how your heart feels then sister

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb25h...eature=related

if you don't know how to do. this will get you started.

Life_Is_Short
02-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Ask your parents for advice. Simple! Nowadays, the word “love” has got other connotations and refers to other types of relationships. One of which resembles a game of chess, just to enjoy a few hours and then farewell.

P.s, The same story repeats over and over again. I have read 3 similar stories (during the last week) on IB. This is why the set Islamic guidelines should be followed to avoid such problems.

AlbanianMuslim
02-08-2010, 01:01 PM
This man has you so fooled that I fear nothing anyone says or does is going to change your mind.

He has you fooled. You remind me of myself when i was 19, believing everything i was told. Well, news flash, your in for a world of hurt.

AlbanianMuslim
02-08-2010, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
that is EXACTLY what he is doing. i have seen it happen so many times. this is a classic case of a man preying upon weak young victims.

Abdul Wahid
02-08-2010, 03:26 PM

Sister I agree with most of the brothers and sisters here. Take their advice. Forget about him. Also get in touch with your parents. Talk to them.

You may think your mature at 19 and you may well be but your still young. Also there are plenty of other brothers. This guy you mention is 29 and seems to be playing you. Ignore him.

Soulja Girl
02-08-2010, 03:37 PM

Sorry love, you said he's 29, are you suuureee you wanna marry him? You're still only 19, am sure you'd find someone better, much younger :><: And how can you trust dat he's changed? He could be all talk...

AnonymousPoster
02-08-2010, 04:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:sl: Sister, having a relationship before marriage is forbidden. The correct way to get married is for a man to approach your wali for permission to marry you. Then you can meet in the presence of your wali and see whether you are compatible. You should not seek to be alone with a guy without the presence of your wali. Unfortunately, by not following these rules, situations like yours develop.

However, what's done is done. Move on, repent and when you get any more proposals in future, adopt the method specified above inshaAllah.

1. You refuse him outright cos of his past behaviour. Frankly, I think this would be the best option.

2. You tell him to approach your wali if you are willing to give him a second chance. Don't let him come up with excuses as to why he cannot. If it is serious, get family involved else if he hesitates on this even one bit, move on without giving him a second thought.

If only they follow the advice that is based upon Islam. Sister reread! I am amazed reading the other advice not based upon Islam but emotions. Even ItalianGuy who is a Christian provided sound advice. Very Very eye opening.

Always consider the source!

Marjona
02-08-2010, 05:58 PM
what i thought i would have taken an advice from this site is an islamic point ...which i didnt ...most are upon emotion he lied he cheated well i see them all...through islam i need an answer...what happens when i read ll the advices different ppl different view...but anyway thnx to all of u !!!
may you all be in Allah`s guiddance.... Assalaku Aleikum va ramatullilah

AnonymousPoster
02-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Isn't it obvious that if he's had a 6 month long haraam relationship with you, he could do the same with other girls? technically he didn't cheat on you because you guys weren't in a halal relationship to begin with.

Best advice is that you forget him and start over, this time doing things islamically by getting married first

AlbanianMuslim
02-08-2010, 08:57 PM
what i thought i would have taken an advice from this site is an islamic point ...which i didnt ...most are upon emotion he lied he cheated well i see them all...through islam i need an answer...what happens when i read ll the advices different ppl different view...but anyway thnx to all of u !!!
may you all be in Allah`s guiddance.... Assalaku Aleikum va ramatullilah
Getting advice from MUSLIMS is getting advice from an islamic pt of view

Various pts. made here:

-You had a NON-Halal relationship with this man
-He had non-halal relationships with other women while being in a non-halal relationship with you (in more modern terms he is a player, and you are being played)
-You asked if people thought you would be making a mistake by marrying this man= consensus= YES YOU WILL BE MAKING A BIG MISTAKE. YES, YES and YES.
-A few people suggested you turn to your parents for support and guidance, if you even for a split second dont want to do that, then there is another answer, you are not doing the right thing.

Heres a new train of thought for you to contemplate dear sister: If you have to ask if you should be marrying a particular individual or not than you probably shouldnt because you are UNSURE. When you are unsure, it is Allah swt putting that into your heart. If He wanted you to marry the man you wouldnt be asking us for help you would know in your heart it is right, but the fact alone that you are questioning yourself is your answer.

I am not just spouting off at the mouth here, I once entered into an engagement, the minute he started treating me like a load of garbage and i become "unsure" of being his wife for the rest of my life I ended it and I am the better for it and I thank Allah swt daily for helping me make the decision and getting me through the aftermath.

K, done.

Ummu Sufyaan
02-09-2010, 02:28 AM
yes, and that's what im saying :) why not go straight to your wali? why the wait? there are other ways of finding if a sister is interested in you and genuine people got through her family. he has nothing to do with you until and unless he goes through your wali. your wali is like your fortress always remember that! this is how he used you last time-in the absence of your wali.

look sis, i'll admit that i dont really know the way men think or feel. but i know something for a fact. when a guy is genuinely interested in a girl, he makes a serious move ---> marriage. men aren't the emotion beings us women tend to be. they get straight to the point. you can always tell when a guy's genuinely interested in a sister they are blunt and can be hurtful not because they are hard hearted, but because the way they think is more simplistic then us think "well i dont like her, whats the point of being dishonest :><: " they dont have that emotion to take into consideration how a girl would feel. you see, straight for the kill :D this is why it is easy to read a mans mind :D

he's just saying what he did to "lure" you...you can do so much better. a guy whose hurt and cheated you hence you not knowing if he is a sincere guy or a guy who asks for your wali?

format_quote Originally Posted by AlbanianMuslim
that is EXACTLY what he is doing. i have seen it happen so many times. this is a classic case of a man preying upon weak young victims.
that too.

format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

Sorry love, you said he's 29, are you suuureee you wanna marry him? You're still only 19, am sure you'd find someone better, much younger :><: And how can you trust dat he's changed? He could be all talk...

and that three

Adage
02-09-2010, 03:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude

I totally agree with that answer. Well said and at the end of the day, I think the best one to ask is Allah, for sure.
Wishing you all the best, In sha Allah! :)

Grofica
02-09-2010, 06:21 AM
i say dont do it.... once a cheater always a cheater....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.