/* */

PDA

View Full Version : help on how to retrieve a lost item

Mohamed M
02-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Last friday, i was getting up for prayer and my phone fell out from my pocket, i think someone may have stolen it:heated: i have made dua, my friend also told me to write this arabic word on all 4 side of a paper underlining each of it, and i have to write the lost item in the middle of the page. Is there anything else i can do, my phone had personal details on it and i dont want it to get into the wrong hands

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
02-09-2010, 03:20 PM
have you rang the network to block your sim card? then they cant get a look at your personal information! i always store everything to my sim card just incase i ever lose my fone

M H Kahn
02-09-2010, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed M
Last Friday, i was getting up for prayer and my phone fell out from my pocket, i think someone may have stolen it:heated: i have made dua, my friend also told me to write this Arabic word on all 4 side of a paper underlining each of it, and i have to write the lost item in the middle of the page. Is there anything else i can do, my phone had personal details on it and i dont want it to get into the wrong hands
:sl:
There is no prayer or amulet or incantation that can get you back a lost thing. Those, who prescribe mechanical prayers, amulets or incantations for finding lost things, are all misguided scholars. But whatever we need, we have to ask Allah alone and for asking Allah there is no prescribed language, mechanical prayer, amulet or incantation. Allah is our Lord and we have to beseech Him what we need, but there is no guarantee that He will grant us what we want. Because Allah alone knows what is best for us and we have to believe that He will give us the best.

AlbanianMuslim
02-09-2010, 10:47 PM
^ agree

I was just gonna say the same thing, what your friend told you to do is called a "ajmeli" where im from. Not sure what others call it but years ago I had used one not knowing and when i got more educated about the ways of Islam I was told to destroy it by burning it.
They are very bad to use.
The evil eye like this for ex. http://static.open.salon.com/files/evileye3.jpg is also haram and i often see muslims from all parts using it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sur
02-10-2010, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed M
Last friday, i was getting up for prayer and my phone fell out from my pocket, i think someone may have stolen it:heated: i have made dua, my friend also told me to write this arabic word on all 4 side of a paper underlining each of it, and i have to write the lost item in the middle of the page. Is there anything else i can do, my phone had personal details on it and i dont want it to get into the wrong hands

My grandmother told me once that if i lost sth, i should recite "Inna LiL'Laahi Waa Inna e'Lai'hi Raa'Ji'oon" & then stop searching for a while (prolly to cool down my mind) then start searching for it.....

Hadees says that even if say wind blows off a Lamp, we should say above...

Mohamed M
02-11-2010, 02:10 PM
jazakallah everyone, inshallah ill get it back. I did block my sim card but sadly all the info was on the phone

hanif_
02-11-2010, 02:45 PM

We as Muslims are responsible for what we know. If OP is requesting a solution based upon Islam and we are unable to provide then allow those more knowledgeable in the forum to provide a answer. Insha Allah

Items that are lost and picked up by someone else is called Luqata.

No one should ever assume someone stole from them in a Masjid. Allah 'Alim

Narrated Ubai bin Ka'b:
I found a purse containing one hundred Diners. So I went to the Prophet (and informed him about it), he said, "Make public announcement about it for one year" I did so, but nobody turned up to claim it, so I again went to the Prophet who said, "Make public announcement for another year." I did, but none turned up to claim it. I went to him for the third time and he said, "Keep the container and the string which is used for its tying and count the money it contains and if its owner comes, give it to him; otherwise, utilize it."
The sub-narrator Salama said, "I met him (Suwaid, another sub-narrator) in Mecca and he said, 'I don't know whether Ubai made the announcement for three years or just one year.' "

Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 42, Number 608:

hanif_
02-11-2010, 02:48 PM

It doesn't matter what I think I am not a scholar. What did Allah and the Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) say? That should be the operative thought when answering a question.

Narrated Zaid bin Khalid:

A man came and asked Allah's Apostle about picking a lost thing. The Prophet said, "Remember the description of its container and the string it is tied with, and make public announcement about it for one year. If the owner shows up, give it to him; otherwise, do whatever you like with it." He then asked, "What about a lost sheep?" The Prophet said, "It is for you, for your brother (i.e. its owner), or for the wolf." He further asked, "What about a lost camel?" The Prophet said, "It is none of your concern. It has its water-container (reservoir) and its feet, and it will reach water and drink it and eat the trees till its owner finds it."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 42, Number 611:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.