/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Was this right of me?

AnonymousPoster
02-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Last Friday I done something, I'm not sure if it was wrong or right..

Last friday, of course it was Jummah prayer. However, I had college that day and finish at 12:55pm but the thing is, I can't make it on mosque on time. On that day, I bunked my second lesson so I could go to the mosque and pray. For some reason, I had the urge to pray to Allah. For some reason, if I didn't pray I would start to feel guilt.

So I bunked my second lesson, was this right or wrong? I mean prayer comes first right..? Baring in mind, it was a coursework lesson in which I could've completed at home?

Jazak..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jurhumite Solja
02-09-2010, 12:58 AM
يقول تعالى آمرا: يَاأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِذَا نُودِي لِلصَّلَاةِ مِنْ يَوْمِ الْجُمُعَةِ فَاسْعَوْا إِلَى ذِكْرِ اللَّهِ وَذَرُوا الْبَيْعَ ذَلِكُمْ خَيْرٌ لَكُمْ إِنْ كُنتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ(9)فَإِذَا قُضِيَتْ الصَّلَاةُ فَانتَشِرُوا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَابْتَغُوا مِنْ فَضْلِ اللَّهِ وَاذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ(10). الجمعة.

62:9 (Asad) O YOU who have attained to faith! When the call to prayer is sounded on the day of congregation, (FRIDAY) [10] hasten to the remembrance of God, and leave all worldly commerce: this is for your own good, if you but knew it.

Surat Al- Juma3ah. This should be enough to answer your question.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-09-2010, 02:28 AM
:sl:

YES our deen comes before anything else. Allahu Alam i could be wrong but I don't believe you did anything wrong. Our main duty is to Allah Ta'ala. May Allah reward you for it! I leave my class in the midst of a lecture to go and pray coz my class is at maghrib time.

Mohamed M
02-10-2010, 07:40 PM
i say you did the right thing. I use to miss so many class tests just so i can make it on time and read my namaaz and thanks to allah, everything went well for me in school

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
brotherubaid
02-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Brp this shoud be ur attitude to All the salahs not just jumuah , as is mostly thought an practised by most muslims now , that only pray jumuah , n do the impossible to make it to jumuah , just like christians n their sundays , we have 5 prayers n bro please try to pray them all , u can do it in ur college , i have studied abroad in states n my bro studies in Uk , there is not a single college that would stop u from praying , not in A muslim country nor a non muslim country , plus u could be an inspiration to ur fellow muslim students InshahAllah , n yes may be u should talk to ur colege about ur friday Salah ns ee if u can get a permission to leave early or to leave for salah. So inshahAlah u will be doing the right thing , with salah n with college ,

reminds me of one of my teachers here when he asked sheikh ibn uthaimeen in makah " My mom does not let me buy islamic books , what shoudl i do sheikh?" The sheikh told him to keep trying to convince ur mom n keep buying the books" , join between the two matters , dont just ignore ur mom n go against her and dont abandon buying islamic books. So always try to reach the wassitiyah solution InshahAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!