/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Muslim is running for U.S. Congress and he leads in the polls!

Amid
02-09-2010, 09:23 PM
His name is David Hedrick and he converted to Islam in college after becoming friends with a visiting student from Palestine.
The only problem is, most are refusing to fund his campaign because of his faith. Hedrick responded to this saying, “There is only one God, It does not matter if you call him God or Allah because he is the same, I use both words because they mean the same thing”.
A local paper interviewed him and asked if he was worried about losing, even though he was the most popular now, because many large groups with Christian and Jewish backing will not support him financially due to his faith. The reporter reminded Hedrick that he must raise millions to compete down the stretch. Hedrick responded, “I believe that Allah rewards the faithful and yes, that Muhammad is his profit. If this means that I can’t raise enough money to win the election, so be it. I will stand with my faith”.
When asked about his position on the wars Hedrick said, “I believe in a strong military, to be used for defensive purposes. The U.S. has the right to defend its citizens against attack, but it does not have the right to invade foreign nations and force their people to live in a way that is inconsistent with their religious beliefs.”
Hedrick was also asked about his position on funding Israel, “The Israeli war machine has ravaged the nation of Palestine. This must be stopped. Palestinians have every right to live on their own land without threat from Israeli tanks and guns. If I am elected to Congress, I will do everything in my power to stop all U.S. funding of the Israeli army. “
We must support this man, David Hedrick! I am taking it upon myself to spread the word. Please help me do the same. We must donate to Hedrick and ask others to do the same. I can think of no better way to spread Islam. We have a great chance of getting one of our own in the U.S. Congress. This can do much to dispel the lies that are told about us and our faith. For once, our voices will be heard in the U.S. Congress!
Please join me in supporting him. Donations can be made at this link. http://davidwhedrick.com/Contribute-1.htm
Please, pick this up and spread it everywhere you can.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mujahideen92
02-09-2010, 09:25 PM
I hope he makes it

Froggy
02-09-2010, 09:25 PM
He wouldn't be the first Muslim to serve in the US congress.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.