/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Yusuf al-Qaradawi's book, Al-Halal Wal-Haram Fil-Islam

Tyrion
02-09-2010, 10:01 PM
I recently got my hands on this book, Al-Halal Wal-Haram Fil-Islam (The lawful and prohibited in Islam), and i was wondering if it was a trustworthy source of information. I've heard a few people who say Qaradawi's work is not to be trusted, but I've also heard from others that he's a great scholar. Any advice would be appreciated. :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sampharo
02-16-2010, 07:24 PM
He's kind of both. He's an old established scholar who tries to be on the path of Ahlu Sunnah, but has at times made outrageous statements and opinions that go against evidence from Quran and Sunnah and drew controversy, such as building churches in Arab peninsula is permissible, etc.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.