/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I want to become a UFC Fighter...

_PakistaN_
02-10-2010, 01:47 AM
OK this is really what I want to get into. I don't really care about a career or anything. I just want to become a fighter. I think if I train hard and stuff I can acomplish somthing, but I'm afraid that I'm gonna get beat by the bigger names. Right now is my age to decide, I'm 19 and I have to make this decision. The thing is I might make it in the UFC but I'm not gonna be one of the big names. I really don't know what to do it's a really big ego in me.... any suggestions?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdul Rahmaan
02-10-2010, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
OK this is really what I want to get into. I don't really care about a career or anything. I just want to become a fighter. I think if I train hard and stuff I can acomplish somthing, but I'm afraid that I'm gonna get beat by the bigger names. Right now is my age to decide, I'm 19 and I have to make this decision. The thing is I might make it in the UFC but I'm not gonna be one of the big names. I really don't know what to do it's a really big ego in me.... any suggestions?
Becoming an Ultimate Fighting Championship fighter takes extraordinary dedication to the sport. In addition to making a mental commitment, you'll need to be devoted to intense physical training. While you can't become a UFC fighter overnight, years of hard work and perseverance can help make your dream of fighting in the UFC a reality.

Step 1

Get experience. Before the UFC will even consider taking you in as a legitimate fighter, you need experience, and lots of it. Start learning basic skills such as wrestling and boxing. Additionally, one of the most common martial arts used in UFC fighting is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ). Find a dojo that offers BJJ classes and take them. The most important aspect of achieving useful experience is getting some well-rounded cross-training.

Step 2

Join a smaller club. To prepare for participation in a UFC show, first join a mixed martial arts (MMA) school or club. Many cities have local fighting clubs that offer a variety of fighting styles and levels of competitive training. By joining a smaller club, one can get practice skirmishing with other fighters to prepare for the bigger UFC league.

Step 3

Find a UFC trainer. Perhaps the most important factor in becoming a fighter in the UFC is getting a trainer who specifically coaches contenders to fight successfully in the UFC. You may have to try out a few trainers before you find one who trains and motivates you in a way that suits your training and learning style.

Step 4

Learn the rules. Once you've got some training under your belt, learn the UFC rules. There are regulations regarding weight classes, bout duration, fouls and ways to win. Get to know all of them so you can continue to train accordingly.

Step 5

Apply to the UFC. The organization requests that if you believe you're ready to be a part of the UFC, you send them a video tape of your own previous fights. If the UFC representatives like what they see, they'll give you a call and ask to meet you.

_PakistaN_
02-11-2010, 01:28 AM
do I gotta hire a UFC trainer? do u know how much that costs?

//-Asif-\\
02-11-2010, 02:21 AM
Are you sure this is what you want to do? You may have to really think about this at first. UFC has blown up in the past couple of years and theres a lot of excitement toward it and such and it seems everyone wants to be a fighter these days. Like AR said above, takes a lot of dedication. If you aren't motivated enough and are just trying to make money and gain status and recognition, this would be the wrong reason for going being a Muslim.

I remember when I was younger I wanted to be a WWE Wrestler. I am serious. I was passionate towards the wrestling industry and wanted to feel the energy of performing in front of a big crowd and becoming a hero for people etc. I had thought that after high school I would invest in joining a wrestling school and learning the ropes and starting off in the little leagues and hoping I would be discovered by the WWE and hit it big. As I got older and learned about the experiences of different wrestlers and just the lifestyle and how sad, unhealthy and negative it is, how mentally and physically draining it can be on a person, it was not worth it and the dream faded. I'm still a large wrestling fan, have a ton of respect of what they do and still have a dream of working for the WWE in perhaps a creative writing or production setting.

To sum it up, this would take a big commitment and you have to consider the future and you have to consider that there are a TON of guys that are out there that think they can be a UFC fighter but drop out and realize this isn't for them. Only a select few gain success and they are the ones plastered all over the TV. But those same guys have to put up with concussions, crippling injuries, the side effects of fame (partying, drinking, clubbing etc.) What happens if you get injured and can't compete anymore? What will you do with your life? Do you have a backup plan? How would you make a living. A lot of those fighters, fighting is all they know and if they got injured and couldn't fight anymore, they would be DOOMED because they don't possess any other marketable skills or don't have an education and they end up having to work as a waiter or some low end job after there fame and money fades. It is also hard to have a family because you would be traveling and making appearances and promoting the UFC and all. Plenty of failed marriages and adultery and other messes have occurred in lifestyles like this. Wouldn't you like a decent family life?

I thought about these things and other factors before I turned down my dream of being a wrestler and it was hard to do cause I was dead set on following my dream. I realized I'd be much better of not pursuing. I'm not saying that you would experience all these things, you might avoid all those negative factors and be satisfied but that would be a stretch.

Just think about it, brother

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AlbanianMuslim
02-11-2010, 03:06 AM
You should do some martial arts training/boxing/etc.

My younger brother did various forms of martial arts and also did UFC type fighting training. It didnt cost much and his instructor was a Muslim brother from our masjid. My brother didnt want to go professional though, but some of the other guys his trainer worked with went on to get signed on to various fighting clubs. If you truly want to do it im sure you will find a way.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.