/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feeling bad after commiting sin

AnonymousPoster
02-10-2010, 05:31 AM
Salaam. Whats the best way to act after you have committed a sin? Is it best to act as if nothing happened or kick yourself for giving into shaytan?

I tend to do the latter and in turn it knocks my confidence to a new low. Advice would be appreciated

JazakAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
02-10-2010, 07:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Salaam. Whats the best way to act after you have committed a sin? Is it best to act as if nothing happened or kick yourself for giving into shaytan?

I tend to do the latter and in turn it knocks my confidence to a new low. Advice would be appreciated

JazakAllah
:wasalamex

When one commits a sin he must hasten to repent and seek the forgiveness of Allah.

There are three stages to repentance with which repentance is not complete without.

1. Feeling regret for the sin
2. Seeking for the forgiveness of Allah
3. Establishing a firm resolve never to return to that sin.

If any of these three is missing then ones repentance has not been sincere.

heavenlyspot
02-12-2010, 11:13 PM
:sl:

Brother/sister, do you pray? The best advice I can give you is to pray, and during your duas you can ask Allah for forgiveness, surely he won't turn you down :-)

:wa:

Danah
02-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Feeling bad after a sin is a sign that the person was not satisfied with what was he doing. If the person come to a level where he feel like nothing happened after committing the sin then he is crossing the red line and can go to a further level of arrogance in disobeying Allah.

Praying and asking Allah for forgiveness is the best thing to do after committing the sin with the intent for not repeat it again.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GrAnNy101
02-15-2010, 06:05 AM
Some things are easier said than done. We live in a world where temptation surrounds us and is knocking at our door daily. Feeling bad for committing a sin means your on the rite track atleast because this shows you have a conscious. I usually like to think about what led me to do what I did because this will help me to avoid any repetition if I find myself in the same situation.

From there prayers and making dua would be the next step. Remember that Allah (swt) hears everyone's prayers and is most forgiving if you take the right course of action. You aren't alone and falling down just means that only to go is UP.

May you find peace and solace in all that you do

salams

CosmicPathos
02-15-2010, 06:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GrAnNy101
Some things are easier said than done. We live in a world where temptation surrounds us and is knocking at our door daily. Feeling bad for committing a sin means your on the rite track atleast because this shows you have a conscious. I usually like to think about what led me to do what I did because this will help me to avoid any repetition if I find myself in the same situation.

From there prayers and making dua would be the next step. Remember that Allah (swt) hears everyone's prayers and is most forgiving if you take the right course of action. You aren't alone and falling down just means that only to go is UP.

May you find peace and solace in all that you do

salams
surprisingly, I have been using "here n there" for many of my "locations" on net too ... its very poetic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.