/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Getting good grades and being pious at the same time

Samiun
02-10-2010, 01:53 PM
:sl: Brothers and Sisters, it has come to my attention that I am getting bad grades in my school due to the lack of studying or understanding. Now, my intention is to get good grades. Having that said, if I could just get that good grades I would feel relaxed when I'm explaining something in Islam. I have this mentality saying,"If you're not an A+ student, you're not qualified to give naseehah to your brothers and sisters and explain to them what Islam is all about".

In conclusion, I want to ask a favor from all of you who have read this post. Is there any hadeeth/surah on learning knowledge? I know some methods but I want to learn the Islamic Way, that way I could get good grades and please Allah S.W.T. at the same time

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tango92
02-10-2010, 06:52 PM
learning is different for everyone, what works for some may not for others. as long as you are studying for the sake of Allah swt, eg getting a good job to support your family then inshallah Allah will accept your efforts.

as for the islamic way to learn. read salah, make dua then go out and strive in the path of Allah swt. Inshallah Allah swt will reward you according to your efforts and intentions. the real goal is the hereafter.

Uthman
02-10-2010, 07:01 PM
:salamext:

I know of a Du'a for seeking knowledge but I'm not sure whether it is only for knowledge of the deen. It can be found here.

CosmicPathos
02-10-2010, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
:sl: Brothers and Sisters, it has come to my attention that I am getting bad grades in my school due to the lack of studying or understanding. Now, my intention is to get good grades. Having that said, if I could just get that good grades I would feel relaxed when I'm explaining something in Islam. I have this mentality saying,"If you're not an A+ student, you're not qualified to give naseehah to your brothers and sisters and explain to them what Islam is all about".

In conclusion, I want to ask a favor from all of you who have read this post. Is there any hadeeth/surah on learning knowledge? I know some methods but I want to learn the Islamic Way, that way I could get good grades and please Allah S.W.T. at the same time
:sl:

This is a very important issue. The materialistic world has made us think that getting A+ and being at the top of the class means that one is smart, knowledgeable, innovative, curious and a blossoming scholar.

Know that its a lie. A facade of modern world's delusions.

Getting an A+ is not a pre-requisite to get Allah's blessings. Getting an A+ is not a pre-requisite to love Allah. I learnt it the hard way.

During college, my goal was to get that 4.0 gpa at the expense of anything just to succeed in world. Allah showered many blessings. But then I found that "4.0" gpa does not help you much regardless of whatever else you have on your resume. Long story short, aim for ihsan in studies. Ihsan means doing everything with the intention of pleasing Allah to the best of your ability. Then leave the results to Allah. Even if you get C+ after your ihsan, do not despair. Be happy. The world and people around you would pressurize you, taunt you, question you that why do not you get A+ but do not listen to them.

Put in the best of your effort with the intention that whatever you have to do it, it has to the best of your ability following the example of Prophet. Never study to get A+. Study to gain knowledge. If you do that and if you get A+ then allhamdulillah. Even if you do not get A+, still allhamdulillah. At least you made an effort to the best of your ability to gain knowledge and that is what will matter on the day of Judgment.
:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.