/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My sister

AnonymousPoster
02-10-2010, 05:58 PM
:sl:

I need some help and advise and i hope you guys can give me a hand. I have a older sister who doesn't take her deen seriously, she neglects prayer, only fasts bcos she wants to loose weight, has a boyfriend etc. I try and give her dawah now and then and i insist her listen to lectures and the Quran. I have tried my best in telling her to change her ways but its no use, just today after magrib salah after making du'a, i over heard her on the phone taking to her boyfriend, she was all ' i cant believe it and i can't do it again because your only allowed to do it once...' bladi blah then she said something i can not handle, she was on about how she had her abortion. I really don't know how to handle this, i have not told her that i heard because im sure she will make up 1000 lies to cover it up. I feel as though i should let my mum know as she is really getting out of hand. I come form a Muslim family but my parents dont practice Islam and my mum is fine with my sister having a bf, hard to believe but my mum also knows that my sister has had sexual relations with this boy.

How do i go about this, what do i do?imsad pls help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mohamed M
02-10-2010, 08:42 PM
salaam, must be hard for you, its good that you are on the right path. well as no one posted first, ill try and give you advice and maby others will give you better advice.

well it all goes down to your parents, as they are not practicing islam, the kids will not practice it, its just how it is, we follow our parents, so maby before you try and get you sister straight, start out with you parents. Try and bring them back, tell them stories about the day of judgment, tell them about shaitaan trying to get the muslims off the path, tell them about heaven and what allah has install for us muslims inshallah, tell them about the beauty of islam.... Motivate you parents into doing good, when they are listening to music, try and put on a beautiful nasheed, bring allah and deen into their lives, if you get them straight , you are doing well :)

inshallah when you parents are good, you will have support and all 3 of you can help your sister, your mum must give her a lady talk, if the trust between your sister and your parents grows, then your parents can advise her without her getting angry and thinking that they are taking control over her life.

i hope this helped a bit, sorry if a was just blabbing away lol... inshallah your family gets on the right path and ill make dua for you guys..

abu_musab461
02-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Allah Guides Whom He (swt) Wills onto His Straight Path, dont dispaire or lose hope, i've seen sister in worse conditions becoming guided and now wear niqab and give lectures etc.

Our obligation is to give the dawah pass the message of islam to our family and friends as to if they accept it or change from it is in the Hands of Allah (swt) ie. We make the effort and we get the reward, results are in the Hands of Allah and we will not be asked about it on the Day of Judgement.

I understand how desperatly you must want your sister to become practising, even about the prophet who felt the same Allah (swt) said

"Perhaps, you, would kill yourself (O Muhammad SAW) in grief, over their footsteps (for their turning away from you), because they believe not in this narration (the Qur'ân)." (surah Kahf 18:6)

But Allah swt goes on to remind the prophet pbuh that Guidence is only by the Will of Allah and he pbuh can not decide whom to guide etc.

cat eyes
02-10-2010, 09:28 PM
:sl:Allah guides whom he wills. if he wanted to guide every one he would but its not the case because you can make as much dua as you like for your sister and your family but until your sister will one day make duaa herself then and only then probably Allah will guide her but i believe a person has to want to make a change themselves even if she had least started praying once a day make the effort or maybe one day take her to a lecture and she agree's

IF she agreed to go who knows Allah will open her heart then because people do not achieve imaan sitting in there homes..now your job is to give them a push. push them to go to mosque.. push them to pray.. push them to go to taleems and lectures with you.. push them to meet pious sisters whom you know yourself.. a knowledgable sister who was once ignorant but mended her ways. thats all you can do sister..as i said they have to at least make the effort themselves and all you can do is warn them.

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KittenLover
02-10-2010, 09:52 PM
This is truly sad :( it must be so hard for you, stay strong sis.

SMA89
02-11-2010, 12:16 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your feelings. Things will get better hopefully tho.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
02-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum Brother/sistah...

I will start by saying Indeed it is Allaah who guides, and as much as we try to give Dawah, but do not ever give-up and ask Allaah to make it easier for and your sister and family InshaAllaah..
"Say (O Muhammad): 'This is my way; I invite unto Allaah (i.e. to the Oneness of Allaah - Islamic Monotheism) with sure knowledge, I and whosoever follows me (also must invite others to Allaah) with sure knowledge. And Glorified and Exalted be Allaah (above all that they associate as partners with Him). And I am not of the polytheists.'" [Quran 12:108]

MashaAllaah on all the other replies.
Just give dawah to your family, and in the way the Prophets did, they all struggled but didnt ever give up , they called upon Allaah the Most-High, The-Most-Merciful..

Try playing the Q`uraan, and ask your family what they think of it. Let your sister know about Allaah, he watches every action and for every good you will be rewarded and every bad there is a punishment, same like their is in this Dunya..about how Shaytaan trickx u ,and a stories of the prophets....ask your sister,"Do you like displeasing Allaah?" InshaAllaah simple things like this,my advice :$ pray to Allaah and he listens to all but be patient..InshaAllaah i helped abit..
i hope i didnt say anything wrong or bad forgive if so

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam...

heavenlyspot
02-20-2010, 12:11 PM
I know how you feel :-(

I'm in the same situation with my brother.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.