/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muhammed's cloak

Supreme
02-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Peace guys

Just wanted to ask about Muhammed's cloak. The cloak was last seen I think taken from the mosque of the cloak in Afghanistan and worn by that Omar chap who leads the Taliban, so I wanted to ask:

1) Any idea on where you think the cloak is?
2) Is the cloaks considered sacred/holy in Islam as it was worn by an Islamic prophet?
3) Are any other relics that are considered sacred in Islam like there are in Christianity?

Cheers.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
02-10-2010, 09:31 PM
to make a long story short, there used to be a poet back in Arabia who used to write poetry mocking the prophet.. one day however he wrote a poem called Burdah which was in praise of the prophet and prophet Muhammad PBUH gave that man his cloak as a gift..

end of story..

peace

'Abd al-Baari
02-10-2010, 09:43 PM
2) Is the cloaks considered sacred/holy in Islam as it was worn by an Islamic prophet?
It is proven through the Hadeeth that the Companions of the Messenger, may Allah be pleased with them, sought blessings through the items of Rasulullahi salallahu 'alayhi wasallam.

This was mentioned in the Fatwa of Sahykh bin Baz rahimahullah;

Praise be to Allaah.

Seeking barakah from the relics of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was done at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), from things like the water he used for wudoo’, his garment, his food and drink, his hair and everything from him. The ‘Abbaasi (Abassid) khaleefahs and the ‘Uthmaanis (Ottomans) after them preserved the cloak of the Prophet, seeking barakah from it, especially at times of war.

Seeking blessing from things that touched his body, (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), such as his wudoo’, sweat, hair and so on, was something which was known to and was permissible according to the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them), and those who followed them in truth, because of the goodness and barakah that are to be found in that. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) approved of this.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/10045

Hope it helps answer your question. :)

Chuck
02-10-2010, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Peace guys

Just wanted to ask about Muhammed's cloak. The cloak was last seen I think taken from the mosque of the cloak in Afghanistan and worn by that Omar chap who leads the Taliban, so I wanted to ask:

1) Any idea on where you think the cloak is?
3) Are any other relics that are considered sacred in Islam like there are in Christianity?

Cheers.
Different muslims have different opinion. This is not a tenet in Islam. It is a matter of opinion, and different scholars differs on their opinion.
It is something revered by muslims, yes, as it is something belonged to our beloved prophet (pbuh).

Lastly, I don't Mullah Omar has the cloak of the prophet (pbuh); it is non-sense.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Chuck
02-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Why links were removed? Links were about the poem of the cloak.

Muhammad
02-10-2010, 10:46 PM
:sl:

If you go to the links I posted here, there's a detailed discussion about why that poem is unacceptable.

جوري
02-10-2010, 10:54 PM
there is more than one burdah, the one by ka'ab ibn zuhyer which the prophet didn't object to, and a later one which is encroaching upon shirk asghar..

Allah swt knows best

:w:

Supreme
02-11-2010, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Baari
It is proven through the Hadeeth that the Companions of the Messenger, may Allah be pleased with them, sought blessings through the items of Rasulullahi salallahu 'alayhi wasallam.

This was mentioned in the Fatwa of Sahykh bin Baz rahimahullah;

Praise be to Allaah.

Seeking barakah from the relics of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was done at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), from things like the water he used for wudoo’, his garment, his food and drink, his hair and everything from him. The ‘Abbaasi (Abassid) khaleefahs and the ‘Uthmaanis (Ottomans) after them preserved the cloak of the Prophet, seeking barakah from it, especially at times of war.

Seeking blessing from things that touched his body, (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), such as his wudoo’, sweat, hair and so on, was something which was known to and was permissible according to the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them), and those who followed them in truth, because of the goodness and barakah that are to be found in that. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) approved of this.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/10045

Hope it helps answer your question. :)
Thank you, it does answer my question.

Another question: are there any other specific relics that Muslims hold dear to themselves?

CosmicPathos
02-12-2010, 03:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Thank you, it does answer my question.

Another question: are there any other specific relics that Muslims hold dear to themselves?
The thing is that today its hard to distinguish which relic belongs to the Prophet. People claim to have hair of the prophet, his sandals and his garments all over the world. Its hard to distinguish which are real and which are fake. :(

I wish I could find his original footsteps somewhere fossilized in the sand dunes which I see when driving from Makkah to Medina.

Supreme
02-12-2010, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
The thing is that today its hard to distinguish which relic belongs to the Prophet. People claim to have hair of the prophet, his sandals and his garments all over the world. Its hard to distinguish which are real and which are fake. :(

I wish I could find his original footsteps somewhere fossilized in the sand dunes which I see when driving from Makkah to Medina.
Haha, we have exactly the same problem in Christianity. I think in the Middle Ages, we had about a million pieces of Jesus' cross circulating around Europe. And people fall for it.

Karl
02-15-2010, 11:00 AM
This all sounds like Idolatry to me, the Prophet (PBUH) should never be worshipped or his belongings be worshipped. Or anyone or anything be worshipped but Allah alone. This is the most important tenet in Islam.
I was not very happy to be asked for money for good luck as there were saints buried at a mosque I visited once. Very superstitious stuff.

Al-Indunisiy
02-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Kinda reminding me of the Shroud of Turin.

aadil77
02-15-2010, 04:06 PM
His cloak along with other relics can't be verified for authenticity so if anyone does claim to have one it won't have any value

Same with other prophets' relics, such as the prophet musa's stick

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.