/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Dessert

muslimsister1
02-11-2010, 09:18 AM
:sl:

Hope your all in good health, im wondering if any of you have a good and easy chocolate dessert receipe, id like it to have simple ingredients in it.

Looking forward to your replies :statisfie

Jazakallah

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SweetCherryPie
02-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Oh Chocolate Mousse! It's easy and delicious!

Ingredients

* 4 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
* 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) unsalted butter, diced
* 2 tablespoons espresso or very strong coffee
* 1 cup cold heavy cream
* 3 large eggs, separated
* 1 tablespoon sugar

(Optional) Raspberries and extra whipped cream
Method

1) Whip the cream to soft peaks, then refrigerate.

2) Combine the chocolate, butter, and espresso in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not simmering, water, stirring frequently until smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool until the chocolate is just slightly warmer than body temperature. To test, dab some chocolate on your bottom lip. It should feel warm. If it is too cool, the mixture will seize when the other ingredients are added.

3) Once the melted chocolate has cooled slightly, whip the egg whites in a medium bowl until they are foamy and beginning to hold a shape. Sprinkle in the sugar and beat until soft peaks form.

4) When the chocolate has reached the proper temperature, stir in the yolks. Gently stir in about one-third of the whipped cream. Fold in half the whites just until incorporated, then fold in the remaining whites, and finally the remaining whipped cream.

5) Spoon or pipe the mousse into a serving bowl or individual dishes. If you wish, layer in fresh raspberries and whipped cream. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours. (The mousse can be refrigerated for up to a day.)

Serves 5-8, depending on the size of the servings.

You can also substitute the raspberries with strawberries.

This is a recipe I got off the net which I have been using for a long time. My late mother's recipe is exactly like this. I hope you will give it a try. It's really something easy for a woman or man to try.

muslimsister1
02-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Jazakallah for the above, dis may snd a bit dumb but what is bittersweet choc? is it milk or dark choc?

SweetCherryPie
02-11-2010, 11:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimsister1
Jazakallah for the above, dis may snd a bit dumb but what is bittersweet choc? is it milk or dark choc?
It isn't a dumb Q, no worries there.

It's dark chocolate, yes.

Are you having people over or are you craving for chocolatey desserts?! :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimsister1
02-11-2010, 11:59 AM
im atcullay cokking dinner for my husband n thot id do a nice dessert... any xcuse!!! ;D

SweetCherryPie
02-11-2010, 12:05 PM
im atcullay cokking dinner for my husband n thot id do a nice dessert... any xcuse!!! ;D
Yes, a very good excuse! Anytime, actually ;)

Let me know if you want anymore ... I love to bake and I have tons of recipes from good ol' late mother of mine - she was an awesome cook!

muslimsister1
02-11-2010, 12:10 PM
wel im atcullay thnkng of doin like a chinese meal... ma sis inlaw makes it n hubby like it so thot id do that for him, its gt small prawns with swetcrn n mushrms in with soy sauce... du have any recepies like this? Wolud be really grateful :statisfie

SweetCherryPie
02-11-2010, 12:16 PM
wel im atcullay thnkng of doin like a chinese meal... ma sis inlaw makes it n hubby like it so thot id do that for him, its gt small prawns with swetcrn n mushrms in with soy sauce... du have any recepies like this? Wolud be really grateful :statisfie
Swetcrn? Sweet corn?

Let me see if I have any ...

muslimsister1
02-11-2010, 12:30 PM
its nt the normal sweet crn, its the whole baby sweetcorns

SweetCherryPie
02-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Ingredients:

* Marinade:
* 1/3 cup soy sauce
* 1/3 cup water
* 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
* 4 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 1/2 tablespoons Apple juice or White Grape juice
* 1 1/2 green onions, washed and finely chopped
* 3 slices ginger
* 2 crushed cloves garlic
* Other:
* 4 chicken thighs, skin removed
* 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
* 2 tablespoons olive oil or other vegetable oil
* 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
* Extra salt, and freshly ground black or white pepper, to taste

Mix together the marinade ingredients. Make 2 or 3 diagonal cuts on each side of the chicken thighs. Place the thighs in a large resealable plastic bag and add the marinade. (Use 2 bags and split the marinade in half if necessary). Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 4 hours or longer, moving the bag occasionally to make sure all the thighs are coated in the marinade. Remove the chicken and reserve the marinade.

While the chicken is marinating, soften the dried shiitake mushrooms by soaking in hot water for about 30 minutes. Squeeze out any excess water. Cut off the stems and cut the caps in half.

In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs and brown for 4 to 5 minutes, turning over once.Add the onion and saute until softened (about 5 minutes). At the same time you are browning the chicken and cooking the onions, bring the reserved marinade to boil in a small saucepan. Boil the marinade for 5 minutes.

Add the marinade and the dried mushrooms to the chicken and onions. Season with salt and freshly ground black or white pepper if desired. Simmer, uncovered, on low heat for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, adding water if needed. Serve soy sauce chicken hot over steamed rice.

You can add in the sweet corn and use prawns instead of chicken.

muslimsister1
02-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Jazakallah xx

Froggy
02-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Mousse is always a great choice.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.