/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions on salaat and ahadith

Insecured soul
02-12-2010, 05:34 AM
Dear brother and sisters in faith

i have a question, today i offered fajr at 7 the time for jamaa't is 6:45
one of my friend told me that my salaat is void becoz he said fajr should be prayed on time or after 1 hour of the jamaat

someone please clarify that, i would be happy to know the time constraints between each salaat, when it kazaa and and all that

Also i would like to understand a ahadith which was narrated by khalid ibn walid RA

A bedioun came to rasul-allah and asked a few question,
bedoiun: id like to be the most learned of men
Prophet: fear allah and ul be the most learned

so when u fear allah, allah gives u hikmah through which u can judge whats right and wrong and how to behave in every situation, is this the interpretatoin?

Next

bedoiun: id like to be the richest of men
Prophet: be contended n ul be the richest man in the world

Being contended in whatever u have is the essence of true happiness which most people miss including people who are millionaires? is this understanding is right?

next

bedoiun: ib like to be free from all the sins
prophet: bathe urself from impurities and ul b free from all the sins

Does this mean doing taubah and doing istagfar all the time?

next

Bedoiun: id like to be raised on the day of judgement in the light
Prophet: dont wrong urself or any other creature and ul b raised on the day of judgement in light

this mean that u dont blame someone for thier small mistakes? or there is more to it?

if someone can explain all this with examples it would be very nice and il be very thankfull

jazak allah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
02-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Doesn't matter what time it is aslong as its after subh sadiq and before sunrise, jamaat times are set by masjids they're different everywhere.

Zohr start about 10 minutes after zawaal time (when sun is at its highest) and finishes at asr start time. Note: you cannot do any ibaadah around the time of zawaal, so about 10 mins before and after zawaal.

Magrib starts at sunset and finishes early so should be prayed within around 30 mins, this is why the jamaat time for magrib is always straight away at sunset.

Isha should be prayed till before the middle of the night, which if you calculate it is usually around 12

Insecured soul
02-15-2010, 11:48 AM
alright brother thank u for ur reply, one more question what does tulu means? it means sunrise?

Sampharo
02-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Brother Adib,

Aadil77 has given you the correct answer insha Allah. As for the middle of the night it might be different for each country, it is not western clock "12:00 am", but the middle of the night is to simply calculate the point between sunset and sunrise. So if the sun sets at 8 pm and rises at 6 am, the middle of the night is actually 1 am.

As for the hadith, it's best to seek a scholar and start learning at his hands. Interpreting hadiths in Arabic requires knowledge of language, seerat, basics of principals of fiqh, and Aqida, otherwise it's easy to get misguided and go astray. So you can imagine how bad it can get interpreting on your own like this from English translations.

Just to help you out though:

The first is about your fear of God will lead you to enquire about everything you do because you will want to avoid haram and forbidden things, so through questions you will learn what is haram and what is halal and become learned.

The contentment means that you realize this World is finite and will go away, and want nothing of it except your basic needs. Because of your contentment you will not ask other people and will not be burdened with desiring things, which is the basis of why people feel poor. You become rich by not needing anyone but Allah.

The third one you are correct, esteghfar and tawba is the key.

The fourth is about staying clear from being unjust to yourself and to others, through avoiding sin and treating others with Akhlaq (values). If you do not harm anyone including yourself (and you can greatly harm yourself through sinning :)), then you will have no sins nor owe debts to others on judgement day which may put you in the dark.

Wallahu 'AAlam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asiyaah
02-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Salam, I'm having a hard time understanding the forbidden prayer times. Could someone tell me what times would be forbidden I think I would understand better. Here are the prayer times in our area:
Date Day Fajr Sunrise Dhuhr Asr Maghrib Isha 18 Thu 5:49 7:09 12:28 3:18 5:46 7:06

Insecured soul
02-19-2010, 05:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo
Brother Adib,

Aadil77 has given you the correct answer insha Allah. As for the middle of the night it might be different for each country, it is not western clock "12:00 am", but the middle of the night is to simply calculate the point between sunset and sunrise. So if the sun sets at 8 pm and rises at 6 am, the middle of the night is actually 1 am.

As for the hadith, it's best to seek a scholar and start learning at his hands. Interpreting hadiths in Arabic requires knowledge of language, seerat, basics of principals of fiqh, and Aqida, otherwise it's easy to get misguided and go astray. So you can imagine how bad it can get interpreting on your own like this from English translations.

Just to help you out though:

The first is about your fear of God will lead you to enquire about everything you do because you will want to avoid haram and forbidden things, so through questions you will learn what is haram and what is halal and become learned.

The contentment means that you realize this World is finite and will go away, and want nothing of it except your basic needs. Because of your contentment you will not ask other people and will not be burdened with desiring things, which is the basis of why people feel poor. You become rich by not needing anyone but Allah.

The third one you are correct, esteghfar and tawba is the key.

The fourth is about staying clear from being unjust to yourself and to others, through avoiding sin and treating others with Akhlaq (values). If you do not harm anyone including yourself (and you can greatly harm yourself through sinning :)), then you will have no sins nor owe debts to others on judgement day which may put you in the dark.

Wallahu 'AAlam
Thank u brother for ur reply, it makes a lot of things clear.
so i would like to understand ahadith the way its supposed to be, u know any audio lectures for that by any chance?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.