/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Back again

barney
02-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Hi. im Barney. I came here a few years ago. i'm popping back in to say hello and debate with people who wish to.

Hopefully in a respectful manner and this time, I'm definatly backing down if things get too hot!:embarrass

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
02-13-2010, 11:25 PM
welcome back, i do remember you

Asiyah3
02-13-2010, 11:28 PM
:welcome: Barney! I wasn't here few years ago but I recall seeing your ID while exploring some old threads. I hope you'll have a beneficial stay, insha'lLah.
Enjoy!

aadil77
02-13-2010, 11:29 PM
I swear you were here in the form of someone else, can't remeber who but they had a pic of garfield

anyway welcome back

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
02-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Hello Barney,

Nice to see you again. :)

'Abdul Rahmaan
02-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Welcome brother! Glad to have you back. :)

Eric H
02-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Greetings and peace be with you barney, Welcome Back, nice to see you again.

So you thought you could escape forever !!!!!!

Blessings

Eric

ardianto
02-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Hi Barney, I am Ardianto.

We never meet before cause I joined one month after you wrote your last post at 2008.

Welcome back. :)

Misz_Muslimah
02-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Welcome back Barney!

Uthman
02-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Welcome back Barney.

Karina
02-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Hi Barney!

Good to see you again!

:)

Abdul-Raouf
02-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Welcome :) ...i do remb u.

glo
02-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Good to see you again, Barney.
I liked your happy-Barney-avatar better ...

Are you still looking out for rubber ducks? :D

barney
02-15-2010, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Good to see you again, Barney.
I liked your happy-Barney-avatar better ...

Are you still looking out for rubber ducks? :D
Hi Glo.

The Evil Barney was given to me by Purest Ambrosia. :nervous:

I still havnt encountered any rubber ducks, but i Have been on an ALPHA course and I'm doing a Theology Degree now! As you can imagine, I scare the heck out of everyone in class!

glo
02-16-2010, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
I still havnt encountered any rubber ducks, but i Have been on an ALPHA course and I'm doing a Theology Degree now! As you can imagine, I scare the heck out of everyone in class!
You are kidding ... right?? :p

(In case you are not kidding - I am never good with spotting irony or sarcasm, least of all in a forum environment - how did you find the Alpha course?)

جوري
02-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Hi Glo.

The Evil Barney was given to me by Purest Ambrosia. :nervous:

first of all he isn't evil.. just deranged there is a fine line..
and :welcome: aboard!!!

aamirsaab
02-16-2010, 07:18 PM
What's cracking B?

barney
02-23-2010, 03:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
You are kidding ... right?? :p

(In case you are not kidding - I am never good with spotting irony or sarcasm, least of all in a forum environment - how did you find the Alpha course?)
Nahh, I'm not kidding. 10 week course and was very interesting. I even stood in a circle with the vicar praying away whilst sincerely asking "come holy spirit come". (He diddnt, but I thought, hey, Pascals wager and all that)Later at home I asked Thor and Wotan respectively to do the same thing. They kindly had left their answerphones on explaining that they were no longer a 24 hr service due to falling demand.

We had a creationist on the course and this led to some lively debate, culminating after 10 weeks with her saying she diddnt care how much evidence was against it or how silly it was. She was darned well sticking to her guns. Respect for that!

Hi again Skye. You still got that pool full of sharks? ;D

Italianguy
02-23-2010, 03:39 AM
Sup bro! My name is Italianguy. Havent met before, so i figured i would drop by and say Ciao! I see you attended a theology course, did you like it? I am in theological seminary at university.

barney
02-23-2010, 04:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Sup bro! My name is Italianguy. Havent met before, so i figured i would drop by and say Ciao! I see you attended a theology course, did you like it? I am in theological seminary at university.
Hi italianguy!

I'm still on the course actually! Yup, its brilliant, we have a retired Pastor who is really funny for most of the lectures. I love the public speaking parts.
I'm also the only Openly Atheist student so I get plenty of debate.:phew

Hope your course goes well, mayby we can swap notes?!

by the way, by any chance are you Related to the Gotti's? :)

Italianguy
02-23-2010, 04:23 AM
Hi italianguy!

I'm still on the course actually! Yup, its brilliant, we have a retired Pastor who is really funny for most of the lectures. I love the public speaking parts.
I'm also the only Openly Atheist student so I get plenty of debate.:phew

Hope your course goes well, mayby we can swap notes?!
lol, sure anything to help! I bet you do get some good debates. it's cool though, if it where just a bunch of Christians....there wouldn't be much debate:hmm: debating and questioning keeps you on your toes. We have a famous professor and pastor who is an ex-Muslim. He has written many books and lectures regularly at the university.

barney
02-23-2010, 04:35 AM
Ahh the christians find plenty to debate without me sticking my heretical oar into the soup!
We are currently on the apocryphal gospels. Lotsa fun!

Italianguy
02-23-2010, 04:39 AM
Ahh the christians find plenty to debate without me sticking my heretical oar into the soup!
We are currently on the apocryphal gospels. Lotsa fun!
Ohh wow, one of my favorites.lol So why are you taking the course, if you don't mind me asking? Is it just for credits? Or do you actually enjoy it? Just curious.

barney
02-23-2010, 04:45 AM
Ohh wow, one of my favorites.lol So why are you taking the course, if you don't mind me asking? Is it just for credits? Or do you actually enjoy it? Just curious.
Just love theology. As an Atheist I am just facinated in what why and how people beleive in deitys, any of them. I'm the sort of person who drags the Jehovas witnesses in to my house from the doorstep and they are the ones who hours later make the excuses and leave.;D

I've been studying religions at some level for 10 years. I certainly wont pass the course because, well, umm...Atheist!But to have a room full of willing participants is like even better than You tube Commnetry boxes!

Italianguy
02-23-2010, 04:52 AM
Just love theology. As an Atheist I am just facinated in what why and how people beleive in deitys, any of them. I'm the sort of person who drags the Jehovas witnesses in to my house from the doorstep and they are the ones who hours later make the excuses and leave.;D

I've been studying religions at some level for 10 years. I certainly wont pass the course because, well, umm...Atheist!But to have a room full of willing participants is like even better than You tube Commnetry boxes!
You can still pass the course even though your an atheist. If you know the material, you can pass....but if you just disagree with everything on your exams....you def won't pass.lol

I would love to have you in some of my classes....just to jazz it up a little;D

OOHHHHH yes, Jehovas wits and Morman are the best to debate with;D Morman ride into my yard on their bicycles and start talking....they end up trying to run afetr me talking their heads of for an hour about Jeoseph Smith....i mean...come on reallllllyyyyyyy;D

Abdul Qadir
02-23-2010, 04:59 AM
Hi. im Barney. I came here a few years ago. i'm popping back in to say hello and debate with people who wish to.

Hopefully in a respectful manner and this time, I'm definatly backing down if things get too hot!:embarrass

Sorry, ur not a muslim...wrong number,,,

barney
02-23-2010, 04:59 AM
You can still pass the course even though your an atheist. If you know the material, you can pass....but if you just disagree with everything on your exams....you def won't pass.lol

I would love to have you in some of my classes....just to jazz it up a little;D

OOHHHHH yes, Jehovas wits and Morman are the best to debate with;D Morman ride into my yard on their bicycles and start talking....they end up trying to run afetr me talking their heads of for an hour about Jeoseph Smith....i mean...come on reallllllyyyyyyy;D
Gotta love vanishing Golden plates and testomonies from his best mates:D
I mean? why did the plates have to VANISH!

Italianguy
02-23-2010, 05:01 AM
Gotta love vanishing Golden plates and testomonies from his best mates:D
I mean? why did the plates have to VANISH!
hahahahahaha;D

...I am being sooo bad....i must pray.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.