/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why many of them are Indians?

Danah
02-14-2010, 04:19 PM
:sl:

I am sure this is in many countries around the world, not only in the Middle East or the gulf countries. I find many of those people who work in IT fields whether it is programming or networking are Indians!! Sometimes there are some Pakistani guys too, but Indians are way more.

I find it interesting and amazing how those people like that field so much like that. Many of my IT instructors at University were Indian. They are not only in Collages but also in companies IT departments and many other places.

Tell me your secret people? :ermm:

IT is a cool major to study after all, isn't? :shade:

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
02-14-2010, 04:30 PM
I think it would be a stereotype to associate this job with Indians (and Pakistanis) . The reason you see more of them is because there are about 1 billion Indians. Maybe the rates for liking engineering, IT and such stuff might be a bit higher from global rates but its certainly not an "indian phenomenon."

I hope it helps.

wsalam

SweetCherryPie
02-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Most of the Indians I know, work in the Customer Service field and I must say, they are really good at it! I prefer talking to an Indian lady or man if I had to complain on certain things as they are really good at handling matters at hand. I can't say the same for my race :( which is pretty sad as we are known to be more friendly and reliable.

As for Pakistani, in my country - most of them are professors or in the IT field. I too, am wondering the same thing as you are, sister.

Danah
02-14-2010, 04:36 PM
I don't think its because of the number of Indians around the world.

The thing is that they are very good at it MashaAllah
To be honest, when we were doing any programming project in the university and got some errors we would often approach any Indian instructor as they don't give up the problem easily and solve at most cases!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supreme
02-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Indians have numerous diaspora around the world, many have escaped the dire poverty of India.

I can't say I've noticed a lot of Indians in the IT sector, but is it me, or is every corner shop in the country owned by an Indian?

Uthman
02-14-2010, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
I can't say I've noticed a lot of Indians in the IT sector, but is it me, or is every corner shop in the country owned by an Indian?
Do you mean Asian by any chance? My parents own a corner shop but they're from Mauritius so they're not Indians. But come to think of it..I'm sure Mauritians originally come from India so your theory might actually be right. LOL!

But this is off-topic. Shame on me - I'm supposed to be a moderator. :heated:

noorseeker
02-14-2010, 04:59 PM
They do have good business brains.

SMA89
02-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Most of the people that are in IT field here are chinese but yes there are some indians as well

Abdul-Raouf
02-14-2010, 05:24 PM
The no. of people - head count growth has never gone down....Major IT companies in our country were reqruiting around 10000 to 15000 per year,,,,,that was the trend before 2009....then in 2009 the targets were bit low..but still there was growth,,,...and now in 2010...its up again.

There are many big IT players in india...each having head count in th range of 50,000 to 100,000 - working from india.

Many opt IT cos the salary is far good (in rupees) than other fields in india...and you find many indians cos of the population.

Eg : From jus one state (TN) of india roughly around 70000-100000 engineers are supposed to pass out.....though they might be in different engineering field...they Opt an IT job..mainly cos of the salary. The startin pack is 4 times higher in IT than Non-IT offers.
And this example talks abt only engineering grads...but there are plenty non-engineering grads from the same state who opt IT.

CosmicPathos
02-14-2010, 08:30 PM
yes, indians are very hard working. Only if the educated Pakistanis were like that and only if Pakistan's politicians knew that they will go to grave too.

waqas maqsood
02-15-2010, 03:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Indians have numerous diaspora around the world, many have escaped the dire poverty of India.

And newsagent stands in London!!

Most of the Tamils owns Petrol station in London

We, Pakistanis owe Private Car Hire (we slowly coming to London Black cabs..lol)

Bengali brothers are into the Indian Restaurant

And my dear Chinese are still selling DVD's..

Most of the big companies have/are moving their call centre to India.

They are hard working people!

Italianguy
02-15-2010, 03:33 AM
My wife is Tamil:D
Most of theIndians I know are Doctors, Engineers, Accountants (my wife is an accountant, her father is a doctor). They just hold a high regard for education same as Italians, my 3 choices where to be a Doctor, lawyer, engineer. (my father was a doctor and a lawyer). The IT feild happens to be in high demand so i would guess thats why so many are there?

Danah
02-15-2010, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
The no. of people - head count growth has never gone down....Major IT companies in our country were reqruiting around 10000 to 15000 per year,,,,,that was the trend before 2009....then in 2009 the targets were bit low..but still there was growth,,,...and now in 2010...its up again.

There are many big IT players in india...each having head count in th range of 50,000 to 100,000 - working from india.

Many opt IT cos the salary is far good (in rupees) than other fields in india...and you find many indians cos of the population.

Eg : From jus one state (TN) of india roughly around 70000-100000 engineers are supposed to pass out.....though they might be in different engineering field...they Opt an IT job..mainly cos of the salary. The startin pack is 4 times higher in IT than Non-IT offers.
And this example talks abt only engineering grads...but there are plenty non-engineering grads from the same state who opt IT.
Well, that explains most of the issue now. But what about those who studied IT abroad (outside India)?

Many of them are probably don't have the intention to work in India and work in some other countries.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.