/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Injustice in the world??

anonymous
02-14-2010, 06:13 PM
:sl:

Dear brothers and sisters!!!! I was asked by someone: Why is there so much injustice in the world? if God is that merciful, why are so many kids being killed? and other people? innocent people!! This makes Him not powerful (may allah forgive me)? is the satan a foil?

brothers and sister, are there no ahadith or ayat?? i looked for some but i did not find
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
02-14-2010, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

Dear brothers and sisters!!!! I was asked by someone: Why is there so much injustice in the world? if God is that merciful, why are so many kids being killed? and other people? innocent people!! This makes Him not powerful (may allah forgive me)? is the satan a foil?

brothers and sister, are there no ahadith or ayat?? i looked for some but i did not find
All those injustices are caused by man and can be cured by man.

Alpha Dude
02-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Dear brothers and sisters!!!! I was asked by someone: Why is there so much injustice in the world? if God is that merciful, why are so many kids being killed? and other people? innocent people!! This makes Him not powerful (may allah forgive me)?
Wa alaykum salam,

First and most imporant thing you need to understand is: This world is a test. Every single little aspect of life is a test. Allah will try people from childhood till old age.

If a child under the age of accountability dies, he goes straight to jannah.

Second and important principle that needs to be understood: Allah is Most Wise. This means there is always a purpose behind everything that happens. Good or bad. As an example, a person might be on his way to a once-in-lifetime tryout session for football, but he could trip over something and fall requiring an immediate hospital check-up. At the check-up, the doctors might find this person has a serious illness that if left unchecked would result in that person dying soon. I hope you can now see the wisdom behind that guy tripping in the first place? He may have missed his football practice, but is able to take precautions against the unknown serious illness.

In this way, there is always a reason for everything to happen. Divine wisdom is always at work. A boy's parents could die in an earthquake and leave him behind to be raised by the local mosque run orphanage, exposing him to Islamic knowledge and inculcating in him the yearning to become a great Islamic scholar with the desire to change the world.

I hope these two examples are enough to show that we shouldn't think only of the short term effects. Islam means to submit. What does that mean? It means to resign yourself to Allah's will. You accept the conditions Allah places on you while acknowledging that there is benefit in whatever has happened becasue Allah is indeed Most Wise.

Allah punishes people in this world too for their sins - either because they are terrible sinners and deserve punishment after punishment or because they are infact good people, but Allah wants to meet them on judgement day with them having less sins (hardships wipe away sins).

Allah is also Most Just. Therefore, every single injust act that has ever been committed will be brought to account on the day of judgement.

We need to be long term thinkers. This world and everything in it is so measly compared to the hearafter. We can't afford to lose perspective of the aakirah.
is the satan a foil?
What do you mean by foil?

Uthman
02-14-2010, 07:49 PM
This thread might help:

http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...blem-evil.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
02-14-2010, 08:52 PM

That's a great respond! A foil is a figure that contrasts with another one. So he asked if he is contrasting God?

Alpha Dude
02-14-2010, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

That's a great respond! A foil is a figure that contrasts with another one. So he asked if he is contrasting God?
Satan (Iblees) has no real power. His goal (and the goal of his followers) is to misguide people.

Iblis was created by Allah just like we have been created. He is of the jinn.

In short: Prior to the creation of Adam (peace be upon him), Iblis used to be a worshipper of Allah. When Allah created Adam, Iblis refused to prostrate to him as Allah commanded. He then pledged to lead mankind astray out of his arrogance and Allah allowed him a respite until the day of judgement.

He will be punished in hell most definitely.

Read the part about Adam AS in this pdf for the story in more detail. The entire book is a good read, actually.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.