/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A finger in the right direction?

chokeoloko
02-14-2010, 10:59 PM
salam alaikum my brothers & sisters.

I have been looking for a item for a very long time now but I can't seem to find it. I have seen it on a couple people around my area but never asked where they purchest it. So i decided to post on here and ask if someone could point me in the right direction.

I believe it is something like a rosary. I have a example of a Christian rosary that i have seen on alot of Christians but instead of a cross at the end there is a Islamic one with a Crest and Star.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction to this item? maybe a website that may sell something like this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sawdah
02-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Ah, you mean thae tasbih beads (prayer beads).

You could buy them from this site, although the beads are a bit pricey.
Link: http://www.prayerbeadstore.com/index.php

There's also this site (cheaper then the first site)
Link: http://muslimbookmark.com/gifts-pray...ed2728675cb4e8

Hope this helps inshaAllah.

:sl:

chokeoloko
02-15-2010, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seekerofjannah
Ah, you mean thae tasbih beads (prayer beads).

You could buy them from this site, although the beads are a bit pricey.
Link: http://www.prayerbeadstore.com/index.php

There's also this site (cheaper then the first site)
Link: http://muslimbookmark.com/gifts-pray...ed2728675cb4e8

Hope this helps inshaAllah.

:sl:
Yes, something like that my friend. But I was looking for something that has a star and moon at the end that I could wear as a necklace.

Sawdah
02-15-2010, 01:35 AM
But brother, wearing anything as a necklace haram for you? ( If I recall correctly)
Allahu Alem, I'll try to find some daleel inshaAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
02-15-2010, 03:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seekerofjannah
But brother, wearing anything as a necklace haram? ( If I recall correctly)
Allahu Alem, I'll try to find some daleel inshaAllah.
Tasbih beads is not necklace. Muslims use it on hand for zikir. It for count how many time we have say words during zikir.

Sawdah
02-15-2010, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Tasbih beads is not necklace. Muslims use it on hand for zikir. It for count how many time we have say words during zikir.
Jazkallah Khair for clearing that up brother.

Also, I have foun a fatwa that has answered rather or not it's permissible for muslim men to wear necklaces.

Q. : Dear scholars, As-salamu 'alaykum. Is it permissible for male muslim to wear necklaces of any kind? Jazakum Allah Khayran

A. : In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, we would like to thank you for the great confidence you place in us, and we implore Allah Almighty to help us serve His cause and render our work for His Sake.

First of all, we'd like to state that it is not permissible for male Muslims to wear necklaces of any kind, because it involves imitating women, a thing which is totally prohibited and makes the person subject to Allah’s curse.

In response to your question, we’d like to cite for you the following words issued by the eminent Muslim scholar, Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, in his well known book, the Lawful and the Prohibited in Islam:

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) declared that a woman should not wear a man's clothing or vice versa. He cursed men who imitate women and women who imitate men. (Reported by Al-Bukhari and others.) Aspects of such imitation include the manner of speaking, walking, dressing, moving and so on.

The evil of such conduct, which affects both the life of the individual and that of the society, is that it constitutes a rebellion against the natural ordering of things. According to this natural order, there are men and there are women, and each of the two sexes has its own distinctive characteristics. However, if men become effeminate and women masculinized, this natural order will be reversed and will disintegrate.

Among those who are cursed by Allah and His Angels, both in this world and in the Hereafter, the Prophet, peace and blessings be on him, has mentioned the man whom Allah has created as male but who becomes effeminate by imitating women, and a woman whom Allah has created as female but who becomes masculinized by imitating men.

For this reason the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) forbade men from wearing clothes or things pertaining to women

In his Sahih Imam Muslim reports that Ibn `Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) saw me wearing two garments having bold designs, and he said, ‘This is what unbelievers wear. Do not wear such things.’”
Based on the above-mentioned, Muslim scholars have concluded that it is forbidden for male Muslims to wear any golden or silvery necklace, just as it is forbidden for them to imitate women. Apart from all that, male Muslims are allowed to wear anything as long as they keep away from extravagance and from imitating disbelievers.

Thus, it is not allowed for male Muslims to wear necklaces of any kind, because it involves imitating women, a thing which is totally prohibited and makes the person subject to Allah’s curse.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, we would like to thank you for the great confidence you place in us, and we implore Allah Almighty to help us serve His cause and render our work for His Sake.

First of all, we'd like to state that it is not permissible for male Muslims to wear necklaces of any kind, because it involves imitating women, a thing which is totally prohibited and makes the person subject to Allah’s curse.

In response to your question, we’d like to cite for you the following words issued by the eminent Muslim scholar, Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, in his well known book, the Lawful and the Prohibited in Islam:

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) declared that a woman should not wear a man's clothing or vice versa. He cursed men who imitate women and women who imitate men. (Reported by Al-Bukhari and others.) Aspects of such imitation include the manner of speaking, walking, dressing, moving and so on.

The evil of such conduct, which affects both the life of the individual and that of the society, is that it constitutes a rebellion against the natural ordering of things. According to this natural order, there are men and there are women, and each of the two sexes has its own distinctive characteristics. However, if men become effeminate and women masculinized, this natural order will be reversed and will disintegrate.

Among those who are cursed by Allah and His Angels, both in this world and in the Hereafter, the Prophet, peace and blessings be on him, has mentioned the man whom Allah has created as male but who becomes effeminate by imitating women, and a woman whom Allah has created as female but who becomes masculinized by imitating men.

For this reason the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) forbade men from wearing clothes or things pertaining to women

In his Sahih Imam Muslim reports that Ibn `Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) saw me wearing two garments having bold designs, and he said, ‘This is what unbelievers wear. Do not wear such things.’”
Based on the above-mentioned, Muslim scholars have concluded that it is forbidden for male Muslims to wear any golden or silvery necklace, just as it is forbidden for them to imitate women. Apart from all that, male Muslims are allowed to wear anything as long as they keep away from extravagance and from imitating disbelievers.

Thus, it is not allowed for male Muslims to wear necklaces of any kind, because it involves imitating women, a thing which is totally prohibited and makes the person subject to Allah’s curse.

Allah Almighty knows best.
Link: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503543760

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.