/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Would you?

Italianguy
02-15-2010, 12:50 AM
I was talking to Mohammed, one of my Mulsim employees today. We were discussing this weeks plans and we started talking about our faiths....we usually do.

I asked him a question that really has no real easy answer, i understand that but, i was curious.

My question to him was. If we, he and I were somewhere where there were people that started a fight and jumped me would he help me? As a Muslim, can you protect a Christian? What if it were a life and death situation?

His answer was that he couldn't answer that truthfully without being in the situation. That there are many variables to consider, like his wife, kids, family, and if those who were to hurt me were Muslim brothers.

I understand it's a hard question, but what would you do? It doesn't have to be me as the person, maybe a Christian friend of yours. I only used myself and he as an example.

I know my answer......If we (you and I) are in a situation that required my help, I am there, if I lose my life to save another, so be it, if we both lose our lives at least i can say I tried. If we both come out alive......praise God we are still brothers. I have a wife, son, business and a family but to save another from pain or death is a sacrifice I am willing to take o prove we are all believers, and that God is with us and loves us for our brotherhod even through wars and hatred.

All praise be to God......and may God be with all of you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
02-15-2010, 12:55 AM
I would, yes.

But I don't like these what-if questions. As a Muslim, of course I can, and actually, SHOULD assist the innocent and protect the righteous.

Dagless
02-15-2010, 01:01 AM
"whoever saves the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind" (5:32).

Italianguy
02-15-2010, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
"whoever saves the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind" (5:32).
I like that answer.:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
02-15-2010, 01:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Beautiful answer, Masha'Allah!

Italianguy
02-15-2010, 01:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I would, yes.

But I don't like these what-if questions. As a Muslim, of course I can, and actually, SHOULD assist the innocent and protect the righteous.
Well i tried not to make it a what if scenario but i guess it came out that way. Lets pray the day or time never comes. But if so.......i am there for you bro.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-15-2010, 01:15 AM
It's not a difficult question really. As Muslims, we should be ready and willing to protect the innocent when and if it ever came to that :) Being a good Muslim also means being a good human.

I'll give you an example. The genocide in Rwanda.

Muslim Woman
02-15-2010, 01:24 AM
Salaam/Peace

format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
... As a Muslim, can you protect a Christian?
Of Course . The question is not if the person is a Muslim or Christian. Point is if I have to ability to save an innocent's life. As a bro already gave verse from Quran that says if u save an innocent life , it's like as if u saved the whole mankind. It did not say if u save a Muslim's life.

That there are many variables to consider, like his wife, kids, family, and if those who were to hurt me were Muslim brothers.
a related hadith .

Allah's Apostle said, "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one. People asked, "O Allah's Apostle! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?" The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing others."

waqas maqsood
02-15-2010, 03:17 AM
Depends why you being jumped or why the fight took place.

A muslim shouldn't fight without a valid reason....

Italianguy.... just to let u know... Got your back lol

Italianguy
02-15-2010, 03:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by waqas maqsood
Depends why you being jumped or why the fight took place.

A muslim shouldn't fight without a valid reason....

Italianguy.... just to let u know... Got your back lol
I got your back as well bro. No matter what, no matter our differences.

imam bukhari
02-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Allaah says that "he who saves a life (whether musilm or non-muslim) it is like he has saved the whole of humanity, and he who kills a life (whether Muslim or non-Muslim) it is like he has killed the whole of humanity"

i guess Allaah has already answered you question 1400 years ago!!!

sorry i cant find you the reference, but i heard dr zakir naik quote this many many tmies in his talks...

check out noblequran.com and insha-Allaah they have a serarch tool where you can search for words/phrases...

★ηαѕιнα★
02-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Haha LOL how funny to see you brothers can get mushy as well! Should I bring out the handkerchiefs?? Not to be rude or anything ;D

Asiyah3
02-15-2010, 11:40 AM
You can never know for sure how you'd really act before you are in the situation. But yes (see the hadith of the prophet SAAS an the Qur'aan verse above quoted).

AlbanianMuslim
02-17-2010, 05:24 AM
Interesting question. Reminds of WWII Albania.

During WWII not one single Jew was killed or detained in Albania. Its proven and there is even an honorary section dedicated to Albania in the Holocaust museum as well as in many parts of the world where survivors now live. During the war, Albanians hid Jews and taught them Albanian as well clothed them in traditional dress and put them to work rather than hiding them secretly. They were so and sos relative from there, or a friend from that place over that mountain. The Jews have never forgotten this and when conflict broke out in Kosovo during the break up of Yugoslavia, Israel helped the Albanians of Kosovo in many ways.
In times of injustice, people react in surprising ways and often when given the chance those who are saved go on to save the ones who saved them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!