/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Photo Updates After Hijab.

Donia
02-15-2010, 03:56 AM
:sl:

My question is once you have started wearing hijab (whether you are a revert or a born Muslim who has just begun wearing it), is it necessary to get your passport and ID card photos updated and changed to show you wearing hijab now? Obviously the old photos would be of you uncovered. Has anyone done this?
I was thinking the ID photos might be easy enough but was wondering about the passport..

JazakAllah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
02-15-2010, 02:45 PM
:wa:

Sister, you must update your photo with new photo that show you wearing hijab.
Woman's hair is awrah, and Muslimah are not allowed to show their awrah to non-mahram, even in photo.

But the problem is, maybe not every country permits ID card and passport photo with hijab. However, govt that permit ID card photo with hijab, usually also permits passport photo with hijab.

Froggy
02-15-2010, 03:40 PM
I know this isn't a proper thread for this, but what about ID photos and niqaabis? Does any country allow identification photo be taken while wearing a niqaab?

ardianto
02-15-2010, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Froggy
I know this isn't a proper thread for this, but what about ID photos and niqaabis? Does any country allow identification photo be taken while wearing a niqaab?
In Indonesia women are not allowed to cover their faces in ID photos.

Saudi Arabia is a country that has rule, women are obligated to wear abaya/niqab that cover their faces. In the past, Saudi women were not allowed to have ID card. Started on 2001, Saudi govt allows women have ID cards. But I hear Saudis Ulama are angry because those women show their faces in ID card photos.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Somaiyah
02-19-2010, 10:13 PM
Assalamo alaykom,

When I put on my hijab I couldn't afford to pay to change my ID card so I had to wait two months til I could change it. I believe you should change it as fast as you can if possible, every time you show your ID card without the hijab the whole meaning of the hijab drops to the floor for that whole time since the person you show it to (if it's not a woman of course) will see you as you are without the hijab.

And for niqab, here in Sweden the women with niqab have to show their face on the photo. But many times the women with niqab can ask to get a woman who looks on the card, and if it's necessary to show her face in real too to proove it's her then she can ask to go somewhere private with a woman and show the face. It's not always it works, but sometimes alhamdolillah.

Donia
02-20-2010, 03:18 AM
Thank you so much for the responses. On my ID card, I am wearing hijab alhumdulillah. It was mostly the passport that I was concerned about. I'm not even sure how much it would cost but I guess I need to look into it. No need in quitting before I even start the game right? :)

Somaiyah
02-20-2010, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
Thank you so much for the responses. On my ID card, I am wearing hijab alhumdulillah. It was mostly the passport that I was concerned about. I'm not even sure how much it would cost but I guess I need to look into it. No need in quitting before I even start the game right? :)

Since we use the ID card much more than the passport the ID card is number one. But remember that if you have hijab in real life and not on the passport, when you want to travel it can become a huge problem for people who don't accept it because they don't find you the same as on the photo. Some are ignorant, some simply say they can't see the connection between you and the photo. So when you want to travel it's both not good to have not hijab because the point of hijab goes away then, but also for your own sake to not create problems.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.