/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Relationship

AnonymousPoster
02-15-2010, 06:34 AM
Hi ,I need your advice. I have been in a relationship with this guy for almost 9 years. But my feelings for him lessened after the 3rd year or so. I have told him I wanted to be friends and he didn’t like the idea. All these while we have been together, he has helped me in so many ways...he sacrificed a lot for me too. He really loves me a lot but I don’t know why I don’t have such feelings for him... I have seen him only as a friend.I have no desire to get married to him. I have tried to stay away from him many times but he keeps telling me he wants to remain as friends but the tooth is that he hopes someday I will change my mind. My parents want me to get me married. They have also asked me if I have someone in my mind..I told them I didn’t mention his name because I don’t wish to marry him.
Why is this happening to me? What should I do? I want to get married to someone else but at the same time I feel very guilty for abandoning him. What should I do? Is it too late to stop this relationship/friendship now? How do I explain everything to him?
He has always been there for me so if i decide to end it , its going to be difficult for both of us. How do i make it easier for both of us?
I feel so confused and lost.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AlbanianMuslim
02-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Are you muslim?

AlbanianMuslim
02-16-2010, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Hi ,I need your advice. I have been in a relationship with this guy for almost 9 years<non hallal relationship? If you are muslim, this is reason #1 why you should end it and repent. But my feelings for him lessened after the 3rd year or so. I have told him I wanted to be friends and he didn’t like the idea. All these while we have been together, he has helped me in so many ways...he sacrificed a lot for me too. He really loves me a lot but I don’t know why I don’t have such feelings for him... I have seen him only as a friend.I have no desire<clearly you do not wish to be with him, so reason 2 to end it to get married to him. I have tried to stay away from him many times <Dont try. Just do. Cut off all ties. Its a cruel cruel world out there, sometimes you have to be cruel and he will get over itbut he keeps telling me he wants to remain as friends but the tooth is that he hopes someday I will change my mind. My parents <the fact that they do not know is reason #3 but of importance reason NUMERO UNO, a relationship hidden is wrong wrong wrong on so many levelswant me to get me married. They have also asked me if I have someone in my mind..I told them I didn’t mention his name because I don’t wish to marry him.
Why is this happening to me? What should I do? I want to get married to someone else but at the same time I feel very guilty for abandoning him. What should I do? Is it too late to stop this relationship/friendship now? How do I explain everything to him?
He has always been there for me so if i decide to end it , its going to be difficult for both of us. How do i make it easier for both of us?
I feel so confused and lost.
If you dont want to be with him end it now. Cut off all ties and pray for forgiveness. Also pray that you the situation doesnt escalate into anything too bad.

Dagless
02-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Whatever religion you are you've led this guy on. Why did this happen to you? really? I mean come on, 9 years? NINE?! and now you're going to leave him? He obviously loves you and by reading your post I think he deserves better. You cannot be friends with him, so whether its difficult for you or not, you should end it and part ways.
I'm not judging you but I don't think you understand what love is because if being there for you, sacrificing, and being a good friend (as well as more) for 9 years isn't enough for you then good luck!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
02-17-2010, 06:36 PM
:sl: nine years is a long time and you cannot expect anyone to walk away so easily sister. you might even feel so hell guilty doing it also that you might even end up returning to him after some time..his pain is only starting and it will effect you to because of the guilt believe me

Ummu Sufyaan
02-18-2010, 02:22 AM
:sl:
walk away from him no matter how much you hurt him, he will only get more hurt if you are giving him false hope, only to later on desire to marry someone else.

syilla
02-18-2010, 06:10 AM
:salamext:

Do istikharah ukhtee... :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.