/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What Anti-Virus Software you prefer?

Danah
02-15-2010, 01:27 PM
:sl:

What is the best Anti Virus software you have ever tried?

• Kaspersky
  • AVG
  • Symmantec Norton
  • BitDefender
  • McAfee
  • Others....mention below

I wish no one will vote for Symmantec because it literally made me sick :hmm: and I am in progress to get a new one but need your reviews first

You can multiple chose if you want.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
02-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Oh! Do you think this is practical? :hmm:
and how many times you do that monthly?

S<Chowdhury
02-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Edit: VIPRE Antivirus + Antispyware seems to be at the top of the list for me, doesn't slow your PC down

Danah
02-15-2010, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
It's safe as per my usage :ermm: Only when I feel there may be a problem[coming from other computers on local network/others' pen Drives].

Don't remember the last time I checked MY computer, must've been nearly a year :X But I just checked Dad's today.
So you are using your computer without any Anti-Virus?

And why you uninstall it? why not keep it installed in your machine?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S<Chowdhury
02-15-2010, 01:44 PM
^^^^^^^I was gonna ask the same question you should really have a security suite with anti-virus on all the time

Life_Is_Short
02-15-2010, 01:49 PM
McAfee but at the moment it's out of date.

S<Chowdhury
02-15-2010, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Well... I don't like it disturbing me every now and then :X I do manage well without an Anti-Virus and System Restore.
Yeah Bro i get your point they do get annoying but you really should have something to detect anti-virus all the time...why don't you just use Mircrosoft free anti-virus and anti-spyware its very discreet and rarely annoys you :D.

http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

Vito
02-15-2010, 01:56 PM
I've tried all of those in the list including some others but, I personally prefer bitdefender.

Salahudeen
02-15-2010, 02:13 PM
i use eset smart security

SweetCherryPie
02-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Kaspersky and it is THE best thing I've ever used!

Grofica
02-15-2010, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah

• Kaspersky
  • AVG
  • Symmantec Norton
  • BitDefender
  • McAfee

I wish no one will vote for Symmantec because it literally made me sick :hmm: and I am in progress to get a new one but need your reviews first

Kaspersky is the best hands down... not only is the software top notch but its user friendly and by user friendly i mean EASY TO USE.

thats what i bought for my MIL... she is only a basic computer user and has little to no trouble using it...

its a great program! i give the program 5 stars!

Güven
02-15-2010, 03:55 PM
I don't use one at all anymore :hmm:

Supreme
02-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Norton. It's never let me down.

Dagless
02-22-2010, 08:09 PM
AVG. It's free, simple, and hardly takes up any resources. What more could you want?! :p

I also like Microsoft Security Essentials.

Cabdullahi
02-23-2010, 11:56 PM
If you gunna pay monies then i say Kaspersky

Nimboo
02-24-2010, 12:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah

• Kaspersky
  • AVG
  • Symmantec Norton
  • BitDefender
  • McAfee

The weird thing is Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) is Awesome when used in an Enterprise (based on the policies setup by the organisation that is) but Norton.....is crap.

I personally don't use Anti-Virus software, I don't have the pleasure of using windows :D

Woodrow
02-24-2010, 12:13 AM
I seem to always return to AVG. Altough on occasion I switch to other FREE ones like threatfire. I have not found any of the paid ones to be better than the free ones and AVG to be much better than most paid ones. I absolutely hate symantec (Norton) and think I'd rather have a virus than install symantec.

Nokiacrazi
02-24-2010, 12:31 AM
NOD32 best by far in my books :)

Danah
02-24-2010, 06:23 PM
JazakumAllah khair everyone voted.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Now this is what I was thinking about....many friends advised me to get the Kaspersky because they said its too powerful.

format_quote Originally Posted by Nimboo
The weird thing is Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) is Awesome when used in an Enterprise (based on the policies setup by the organisation that is)

I used the Endpoint one and it was based on the policies setup by the University..but still, it is not that good.

zana
02-25-2010, 08:56 PM
avast is good and is free but im using norton

Karina
02-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Wonderful Kaspersky all the way, but only because I get it free through work.

I used to use AVG as a freebie and it was great too, although seemed to slow everything down a little.

nazeer_uk
02-25-2010, 09:30 PM
:sl: McAfree is fine for me. I have been using it for about an year and had no problems. The only con I could say about it, is when it does it updates, can slow the system down slightly. But good overall. :thumbs_up

Salahudeen
03-03-2010, 11:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nokiacrazi
NOD32 best by far in my books :)
I have NOD32 also aka eset smart security.

it's not bad, but all anti viruses are weak when it comes to spyware.

does anyone know an anti virus with a good spyware scanner also?

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-03-2010, 11:36 AM
I use computer without any antivirus...because my computer is quite impervious to viruses and worms...I use Ubuntu Linux Get it here...It's awesome. Also it is not good to support a monopolistic firm...:D

Salahudeen
03-03-2010, 11:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmajid
I use computer without any antivirus...because my computer is quite impervious to viruses and worms...I use Ubuntu Linux Get it here...It's awesome. Also it is not good to support a monopolistic firm...:D
I just wrote a report that compared Ubuntu and Windows, Ubuntu came out the winner :D

but what puts me off is the fact so many softwares don't work on Ubuntu they only work on Windows.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
03-03-2010, 11:49 AM
My pc uses AVG not I:mmokay:

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-03-2010, 12:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
I just wrote a report that compared Ubuntu and Windows, Ubuntu came out the winner :D

but what puts me off is the fact so many softwares don't work on Ubuntu they only work on Windows.
Yes, I agree with you, but I'm an average computer user who uses computer to watch videos, play audio and surf the web...using this gives me peace of mind...no viruses, no freezing, no need to restart...my machine can run for like a month without having it restart ;D my friends ask me of this OS when I try to explain them everything goes over them ;D;D;D

Danah
03-03-2010, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujaheedah
My pc uses AVG not I:mmokay:
lol okay, thanks for posting :statisfie

Predator
03-03-2010, 06:58 PM
AVG is the best one and its the Top download in downloads.com and leads by a huge margin

1. AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition . Position last week: 1

2. Avast Free Antivirus

-Fallen Angel-
03-03-2010, 07:07 PM
If you gunna pay monies then i say ESET smart security
Fixed it for ya :p

S<Chowdhury
03-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Totally Disagree if you are gonna part with money and not just download the software and crack it then i say BitDefender 2010 or ESET smart security or Avira Anti Virus which is free...........

Worst I'd have to say is McAfee

Salahudeen
03-03-2010, 10:13 PM
I see Eset sMART SECURITY is quite popular, the only thing that makes me abit dubious is the icon it has which is the All seeing eye which is something to do with mason's and shirk. I will find out which god the all seeing eye is related to :p

"Imagery of an all-seeing eye can be traced back to Egyptian mythology and the Eye of Horus".

Horus is the sun God, and the day chosen for his worship is "sun day"

Uthman
03-03-2010, 10:18 PM
I've used BitDefender which was really good. I tried Kaspersky for a (very short) while and it also seemed quite good.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.