/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fashion and looking good

Getoffmyback
02-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Do you follow fashion or you dress in a modest way?

I'm sure that veiled girls always have trouble when picking cloth not like guys they can wear anything they want ?

Do you spend lots money on cloth shopping?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Ermm it's very tempting to wana dress nice, not like in a provocative way...but I guess that's the test. It is annoying when you're closet isn't full of full sleeve clothing or loose outfits...I have like 2 abayas and long skirts that I tend to stick with.

I don't go shopping a lot, only if I need to. Not like girls do most of the time, when they go so frequently...and I don't like to spend a lot...so yea. So um I dress modestly inshaAllah..

aadil77
02-15-2010, 04:13 PM
over here the most fashion I've seen on a niqabi sis is one wearing all black niqab and abaya but with nike shox trainers ;D it was hilarious

Getoffmyback
02-15-2010, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
over here the most fashion i've seen on a niqabi sis is one wearing all black niqab and abaya but with nike shox trainers ;d it was hilarious

:-d :-d :-d :-d :-d :-d:-d

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
02-15-2010, 04:24 PM
we should dress nice, we are Muslims:

inna Allah yo7ib an yara athar ni3mithi 3la 3abdih.

clothes should be neat and clean and follow proper guidelines!

:w:

ardianto
02-15-2010, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Getoffmyback
I dress in casual style almost everyday even in working, like jeans, corduroy, polo t-shirt. But when I go to masjid I wear Muslim cloth.
I'm sure that veiled girls always have trouble when picking cloth not like guys they can wear anything they want ?
What trouble ?. Saudi's abaya and Afghan's burqa are not clothes but 'cloth cover'. Under abaya or burqa, women can wear anything they want and they can show it to other women when they are in women community gathering.
No. I never buy expensive clothes.

aadil77
02-15-2010, 04:30 PM

this is for people who don't know what nike shox look like

ardianto
02-15-2010, 04:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
over here the most fashion I've seen on a niqabi sis is one wearing all black niqab and abaya but with nike shox trainers ;D it was hilarious
Hmm, maybe they must change their nike shox with Arabian style shoe like this.

Getoffmyback
02-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Ok is it haram to wear t shirts that have skulls on em? I mean something like ed hardy? Cause my brother really objected on em ?

CosmicPathos
02-15-2010, 04:58 PM
I dont follow fashion. I abhor it.

I just wear whatever I can get my hands on provided its neat and fits me! My siblings are crazy about "dressing up" though, just like every other youth who grows up in North America. I guess growing up in luxury does take one away from deen and remembrance of death.

cat eyes
02-15-2010, 05:11 PM
i have calmed down alot on fashion since i found new friends :) i think as you mature you don't care for fashion anymore rather its more about what makes you modest and comfortable mind you i love dressing up for when i visit a sisters house or when they come to my home then i know i can wear what ever i want i wear make up and t-shirts and perfume and jewellery i just love dressing up for dinner ;D we normally meet up quite alot. but when i go outside then obviously i have to follow the proper guidelines as long as your in the privacy of your own home then its okay..your not attracting anybody. you can wear what ever you want in front of a sister

Sawdah
02-15-2010, 05:12 PM

I don't follow fashion, I usually just wear an abaya or a long skirt.

Asiyah3
02-15-2010, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Getoffmyback

I don't really care if I follow fashion or not as long as I dress modestly and neat. I usually try to find long skirts/long-sleeved shirts from shops or actually nowadays I order them from online shops(so I probably do unintentionally). Much easier for me...

It's not really troublesome, at least not for me. In winter it's pretty easy (the shops are filled with long-sleeved shirts). In summer it's also not that hard for there are always suitable clothes available, I think.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-15-2010, 06:16 PM
I just wana add...I like to wear whatever is nice..but if u mean following the trend in fashion like everyone else...like whats in or not...then no. I go wiv my own flow. Of course this is when I'm not out in public.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
02-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum...alll :)

well one im at home i wear what ever i want, but if im goiing out i try to wear something Modest :)....

I dont like shopping a lot as it does get boring and totally pointless ( i mean for Clothes btw :) ) but food yea i likeeyyy :)...some girls totally love geeky shopping but i guess not all are the samme....so yeahh...

My opinions wear what you want, but only infront of people you should do ..so yea..
Indeed, we should dress nice but also dressing nice doesnt just mean colourful ,pretty clothes, but also Clean ,neat and Modest...so yea geeks

Wa`Alaaykum Salaams..
and what are Nike shoax? i thought you guys did a typo with shoes into shoax..

Hayaa
02-16-2010, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
we should dress nice, we are Muslims:

inna Allah yo7ib an yara athar ni3mithi 3la 3abdih.

clothes should be neat and clean and follow proper guidelines!

:w:
I agree 1000000% :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.