/* */

PDA

View Full Version : would you help a stranger?

AnonymousPoster
02-15-2010, 05:43 PM
If a muslimah/muslim whom you've never met in your life messaged you one day asking you to help find them a spouse would you?. I am in such situation, and wanted to know if this was the right thing to do.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
02-16-2010, 09:21 PM
:sl: You need to give a little bit more information. Is it somebody of the opposite gender that has sent the message? And where exactly did you receive it?

If it is a person of the same gender and the setting is a forum like this one perhaps, then I don't see why there would be a problem.

If you're not the same gender, then don't do it.

AnonymousPoster
02-16-2010, 10:09 PM
They are the same gender, jazakallahu khair

AlbanianMuslim
02-16-2010, 10:32 PM
If you decide to do it, be very careful. I wouldnt recommend being to involved in the process if you do. An introduction should suffice if you find someone suitable for the other. After that you should abstain from any interference whether good or bad. These situations can get nasty if the two parties end up breaking up or some other issue arises. Often I have seen the person who set them up get blamed for everything. So I would take great care in playing matchmaker.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
02-17-2010, 09:35 AM
:sl:
messages you mean like on an online forum/chat room? i dont know because im extremely wary about people i come across online its just that im overally paranoid. even if i did agree to it, how can i guarantee that this person i have never met before will be any good for someone i know.

Islam_sister
02-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Ohh, im thinking when i came across this forum i thought helping someone by you know taking their bags to the car or watching their kids. umm, a random person on the internet i dont know, why don't you tell the people at the masjid and they can handel it inshaAllah you will still be getting the ajar cause if he/she wants help to find a wife/husband your still helping that person find one. Just suggest this brother/sister to the masjid and they will get things popping off for the individual InshaAllah... =D

Muslim Woman
02-18-2010, 04:20 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
If a muslimah/muslim whom you've never met in your life messaged you one day asking you to help find them a spouse would you?. I am in such situation, and wanted to know if this was the right thing to do.

yes , I normally do . Match making is my hobby. My frineds , relatives , online particpants sometimes send me biodata . I try to find matches for them .

If find any suitable match , I help them exchanging biodatas . Rest I leave on parents if they want to proceed here .

I believe it's good to try to find matches for our unmarried , divorced / widowed sisters and brothers . We can't gurantee them happiness but at least we can try to end thier single life.

Our Prophet pbuh tried to do matchmaking ;so we can say that it's Sunnah .

May Allah bless single Muslims with pious partners, Ameen

Islam_sister
02-18-2010, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
:
yes , I normally do . Match making is my hobby. My frineds , relatives , online particpants sometimes send me biodata . I try to find matches for them .
Aww MashaAllah Thats really good May Allah reward you..ameen..

AlbanianMuslim
02-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Muslim Woman, hook a girl up than! lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.