/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Confusion about prayer

paradise88
02-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Salaam

During Ramadhan I went to a mosque for taraweeh prayers and ppl kept telling me its a 'wahabi mosque'. Firstly i dont understand these differences and the prayer seemed the same. Anyway my friend said my prayer wont count behind a 'wahabi' imam, is it true?
:phew

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
02-16-2010, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by paradise786
Salaam

During Ramadhan I went to a mosque for taraweeh prayers and ppl kept telling me its a 'wahabi mosque'. Firstly i dont understand these differences and the prayer seemed the same. Anyway my friend said my prayer wont count behind a 'wahabi' imam, is it true?
:wasalamex

SubhanAllah...there is no such thing as a 'wahabi', the word wahabi is a derogatory name to insult those Muslims who follow the Qur'an and Sunnah strictly and oppose innovated matters in religion. How can your prayer not be accepted if you pray behind someone who closely and strictly follows the sunnah of the Prophet saaws?!

CosmicPathos
02-16-2010, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by paradise786
Salaam

These kind of non-sensical claims are uttered by South Asian Barelvi Muslims. These guys are so extreme that they have their own prayer when they are in Masjid al Haraam. They dont follow the imam when they are doing umrah and prayer time comes. Rather start their own prayer.

South Asians have a tendency to corrupt their religion. Hindus corrupted the Veda. These Barelvis are corrupting Islam.

paradise88
02-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Thank u! thats what i said, the prayer is same n what does it matter who does it. She said her mum said im wrong n that they can get imam to prove it to me which is a lil extreme. She said said she has proof its wrong! Can i quote her anything to say that there is no such thing? Why do ppl give these names like wahabi etc i dint even knw abt it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sampharo
02-17-2010, 06:31 PM
You can tell her that you yourself follow Quran and Sunnah and this is your way. Brelvi's know that they are a sect and God save you from their sectarian beliefs that can be so outrageous.

The name Wahabi is a direct attempt by Brelvi's, Sufi's, Shia, and most sects to get back at the mainstream Islamic scholars who did not accept the corruption of Islamic values in these sects and were simply truthful in speaking against their innovation and departure from the Quran and Sunnah. The name is in reference to Sheikh Mohammad Abdul Wahhab, an eighteenth century sheikh whom they say "came up" with the school of though, when in reality he was nothing more than a scholar who held tightly to the Quran and Sunnah and with his teachings, innovation was removed from the Arabian lands as the Saudi Kingdom was being formed. Nothing he said was not written and authenticated by the companions, he simply held fast to the rejection of other insititutions that were either innovating or outright corrupting Islamic values, sometimes for Worldly gains.

ardianto
02-18-2010, 04:14 AM
:sl:

I have read some similar topic in some Islamic forums. Some people say, "do not pray in that masjid because that is wahabi's masjid" or "do not pray in that masjid because that is sufi's masjid".

But I wonder, why that happened only in UK ... ?????.

I never read a similar complain that written by someone in other countries. I think I must invite Muslim brothers in UK to pray in masjid near my home where salafis and sufis are praying together.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.