/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i just cant trust my parent

anonymous
02-16-2010, 10:14 PM
i dont know how to begin,but im wondering if any of you can help me with this i dont have a very close relationship with my parents and somehow have come to not trusting them when im eating alone and need to leave the dining room i hide my food before because i think they will poison me i hide all my prized possessions before leaving the house for work so they wont destroy them when im downstairs i see myself coming to see if they touch any of my things when my back faces them i feel insecure like they will both somehow attack me its strange and i cant explain it i dont want these feelings but i have had them for a long time i find myself always stressing please advice

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AlbanianMuslim
02-17-2010, 12:33 AM
Could you give us some details as to why you are afraid of them and do not trust them? Have they said or done anything to give you the impression that you cant trust them?

Dagless
02-17-2010, 01:09 AM
Have your parents done something to earn this distrust? Do you feel paranoid by anyone else? If yes, and if you're taking any illegal drugs then now is a good time to stop.

edit: forgot to add... try not to worry, inshallah you'll be fine and these feelings will disappear on their own.

Life_Is_Short
02-17-2010, 01:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
i dont know how to begin,but im wondering if any of you can help me with this i dont have a very close relationship with my parents and somehow have come to not trusting them when im eating alone and need to leave the dining room i hide my food before because i think they will poison me i hide all my prized possessions before leaving the house for work so they wont destroy them when im downstairs i see myself coming to see if they touch any of my things when my back faces them i feel insecure like they will both somehow attack me its strange and i cant explain it i dont want these feelings but i have had them for a long time i find myself always stressing please advice
You haven't stated what they have done to make you feel like this. I think there is lack of communication between you and your parents.

Sometimes a private chat/discussion can work miracles.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SMA89
02-17-2010, 01:48 AM
I think you are going through depression and/or paranoia. Either you talk to a psychiatrist or a close friend/family member that you trust. You can also try talking directly to your parents about the problems. When did this distrust come into existence? Did you have any bad experiences in the past with your parents? Most people trust their parents the most when it comes to trusting someone. This seems strange to me.. unless you are adopted or have a stepmom/stepdad.

Ummu Sufyaan
02-17-2010, 02:16 AM
:sl:
maybe you are imagining they are doing these things to you because of your unstable relationship with them.

sometimes things will seem a certain way but for a completely different and legitimate other reason...so just becareful not to jump the gun.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.