/* */

PDA

View Full Version : the names of the sons of Abdul muttalib

Ummu Sufyaan
02-17-2010, 02:32 AM
:sl:
what were the names of the (10) sons of the Prophets, sallalahu aleyhi wa sallams grandfather, abdul Muttalib.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
02-17-2010, 06:24 AM

‘Abdul-Muttalib had ten sons, Al-Harith, Az-Zubair, Abu Talib, ‘Abdullah, Hamzah, Abu Lahab, Ghidaq, Maqwam, Safar and Al-‘Abbas.
He also had six daughters, who were Umm Al-Hakim – the only white one, Barrah, ‘Atikah, Safiya, Arwa and Omaima.

Source: Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum

waqas maqsood
02-22-2010, 06:28 AM
Just a quick question (might sound tedious)

if I'm correct, Abdullah was the father of Prophet Mohammed (pbuh)...

And looking at around the time before the Prophet (pbuh) received the prophethood was the time of 'jahiliyah' were everyone in Mecca used to worship in idols.

How did 'Abdullah, meaning slave of Allah got this name unless He believed in Allah alone?

As far as I'm concerned, the word Allah wasn't used before time of prophethood...

AabiruSabeel
02-22-2010, 06:37 AM

The Quraish knew the name Allah, and they used to worship Him. But they associated partners with Him. This is evident from the incident of the Elephant. When Abraha had stolen AbdulMuttalib's camels and he went meet him:
Abdul-Muttalib replied to the translator, "I want the king to return my camels which he has taken from me which are two hundred in number.'' Abrahah then told his translator to tell him, "I was impressed by you when I first saw you, but now I withdraw from you after you have spoken to me. You are asking me about two hundred camels which I have taken from you and you leave the matter of a house which is (the foundation of) religion and the religion of your fathers, which I have come to destroy and you do not speak to me about it''
'Abdul-Muttalib said to him, "Verily, I am the lord of the camels. As for the House, it has its Lord Who will defend it.'' Abrahah said, "I cannot be prevented (from destroying it).'' `Abdul-Muttalib answered, "Then do so.''
It is said that a number of the chiefs of the Arabs accompanied `Abdul-Muttalib and offered Abrahah a third of the wealth of the tribe of Tihamah if he would withdraw from the House, but he refused and returned `Abdul-Muttalib's camels to him. `Abdul-Muttalib then returned to his people and ordered them to leave Makkah and seek shelter at the top of the mountains, fearful of the excesses which might be committed by the army against them. Then he took hold of the metal ring of the door of the Ka`bah, and along with a number of Quraysh, he called upon Allah to give them victory over Abrahah and his army. `Abdul-Muttalib said, while hanging on to the ring of the Ka`bah's door, "There is no matter more important to any man right now than the defense of his livestock and property. So, O my Lord! Defend Your property. Their cross and their cunning will not be victorious over your cunning by the time morning comes.'' According to Ibn Ishaq, then `Abdul-Muttalib let go of the metal ring of the door of the Ka`bah, and they left Makkah and ascended to the mountains tops. Muqatil bin Sulayman mentioned that they left one hundred animals (camels) tied near the Ka`bah hoping that some of the army would take some of them without a right to do so, and thus bring about the vengeance of Allah upon themselves.

Read more here.
We believe that everything is from Allah. Allah willed our Prophet's father's name to be 'Abdullah and that was it.

Btw, I read somewhere that even Hood's (AS) father's name was 'Abdullah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
02-22-2010, 08:52 AM
In other version Abdul Muttalib had 13 sons and 6 daughters.

But maybe that is not Ahlussunah's version.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-01-2010, 05:38 AM
i also need the names of the ten promised jannah. thanks

AabiruSabeel
03-01-2010, 06:04 AM

The ten Sahabah that were given the glad tiddings of assurance of entering Paradise were:
1. Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq,
2. Umar Al-Farooq,
3. Uthman bin 'Affan,
4. Ali bin Abi Talib,
5. Abdur Rahman ibn Awf,
6. Abu Ubaydah ibn al-Jarrah,
7. Talhah ibn Ubaydullah,
8. az-Zubayr ibn al-Awwam,
9. Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas,
10. Sa'id ibn Zayd.

ardianto
03-01-2010, 07:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel

The ten Sahabah that were given the glad tiddings of assurance of entering Paradise were:
1. Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq,
2. Umar Al-Farooq,
3. Uthman bin 'Affan,
4. Ali bin Abi Talib,
5. Abdur Rahman ibn Awf,
9. Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas,
10. Sa'id ibn Zayd.

But, ........ I read in some articles in my country, the first muezzin Bilal ibn Rabbah is a one of some shahaba that promised jannah. :?

(or maybe those articles were not written by Ahlussunnah ?)

AabiruSabeel
03-01-2010, 10:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
But, ........ I read in some articles in my country, the first muezzin Bilal ibn Rabbah is a one of some shahaba that promised jannah. :?
There are many other Sahabah who were given the glad tidings of Paradise on many different occasions. But these 10 Sahabah are those who were given this glad tiding in one sitting. This shows their high status.
We believe all Sahabah will be in Jannah. Allah is pleased with them and they are pleased with Allah. So there is no doubt of their admittance in Jannah.

ardianto
03-01-2010, 11:08 AM
There are many other Sahabah who were given the glad tidings of Paradise on many different occasions. But these 10 Sahabah are those who were given this glad tiding in one sitting. This shows their high status.
We believe all Sahabah will be in Jannah. Allah is pleased with them and they are pleased with Allah. So there is no doubt of their admittance in Jannah.
Thanks for your answer, brother.

Jazak Allahu Khairan.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-05-2010, 07:57 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam

1. Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq,
2. Umar Al-Farooq,
3. Uthman bin 'Affan,
4. Ali bin Abi Talib,
5. Abdur Rahman ibn Awf,
9. Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas,
10. Sa'id ibn Zayd.

is this also taken from the sealed nector?

AabiruSabeel
03-05-2010, 10:07 PM
^No, It's mentioned in Ahadith. I will try to get the reference if I remember later inshaAllah.

Jihad Anbous
09-16-2018, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by waqas maqsood
Just a quick question (might sound tedious)

if I'm correct, Abdullah was the father of Prophet Mohammed (pbuh)...

And looking at around the time before the Prophet (pbuh) received the prophethood was the time of 'jahiliyah' were everyone in Mecca used to worship in idols.

How did 'Abdullah, meaning slave of Allah got this name unless He believed in Allah alone?

As far as I'm concerned, the word Allah wasn't used before time of prophethood...
Salam. According to Martin Lings who wrote "The biography of Muhammad (PBUH)", Mutallib was in fact mounted onto a camel with 'Abd lMutallib seated behind him as they were travelling to Mecca. Mutallib sought to yield 'Abd lMutallib's acquired juvenile leadership skills and put them to good use by teaching him the most important duty of the time - leading the Meccans. During the travel, many mocked the child seated behind Mutallib and called him 'slave of Mutallib' (i.e. 'Abd lMutallib), and although Mutallib insisted that the kid is no more than his nephew, they persisted. God knows best, but I think this is where his name originated from.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.