/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Not your typical Hijab question.

Italianguy
02-17-2010, 03:15 AM
I am looking for a quik answer. My wife wants to custom make a Hijab for her friend Zainab. She asked me if it can be made of silk? I told her no, but i am not sure? Zainabs birthday is in 2 days so she (my wife) has to get material tomorow. It's supossed to be a suprise for Zainab, thats why she can't ask Zainab.

So I guess I am asking what materials (good ones, like... nice materials) are ok to use.

Thanks for your answers.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
02-17-2010, 03:18 AM
why not silk? silk is excellent.. any natural material is excellent!

peace

http://www.aabuk.com/hijabs

Italianguy
02-17-2010, 03:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
why not silk? silk is excellent.. any natural material is excellent!

peace

http://www.aabuk.com/hijabs
Oh good, so silk is ok? I thought I read somewhere that Muslims aren't supossed to wear silk? I could be wrong.....I usually am:hmm:

Awesome, Thanks Gossamer.

My wife has big plans for this Hijab:D

ardianto
02-17-2010, 03:23 AM
Wearing silk is forbidden only for males. Of course, females are allowed wearing silk.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
02-17-2010, 03:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Oh good, so silk is ok? I thought I read somewhere that Muslims aren't supossed to wear silk? I could be wrong.....I usually am:hmm:

Awesome, Thanks Gossamer.

My wife has big plans for this Hijab:D
Muslim males are forbidden to wear Silk. Not females.

Italianguy
02-17-2010, 03:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
Muslim males are forbidden to wear Silk. Not females.
Ahhhhhhhhh, thats what it was, i knew i read that somewhere, I forgot it only pertains to males.

Thanks.

waqas maqsood
02-17-2010, 05:14 AM
Talking about silk... one quick question.. Is it ok to lie/sleep on a silk bedsheet for males?

AlbanianMuslim
02-17-2010, 05:16 AM
Who is this Zainab you speak of?
(I am partly asking because I am curious and partly because i am oh so close to 300 posts!!!)

Getoffmyback
02-17-2010, 09:34 AM
If you mean syntatic silk than it will be 100% polyester. Indian syntatic silks are also not So stretchy So i'm not sure if it will look nice or will be easy to put on. Also it wrinkle So fast . I think most hijabs are made out of stretchy materials. And wrinkle free .

Italianguy
02-17-2010, 12:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlbanianMuslim
Who is this Zainab you speak of?
(I am partly asking because I am curious and partly because i am oh so close to 300 posts!!!)
Zainab is our neighbor, well, she lives 3 doors down. She and her husband moved into the neighbor hood a couple of months ago. And as you guessed by her name she is a Muslimah. My wife has befriended her and now they are .....inseperable:hmm:. I have to take them everywhere, shoppingimsad. And she is the one who wrecked the "rickshaw";D. If you don't know what that is,read my older posts. Anyway her birthday is tomorow and she is turning 24. So my wife said for a suprise she would make her a custom Hijab.:D My wife couldn't think of much else to by her as a gift, she has anything she wants anyway (husband is a doctor) so she figured she would make her something special...........and my wife invited a bunch of the girls over for a birthday party for her....in my theater:cry: I swear i am never getting it backimsad

Grofica
02-17-2010, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
and my wife invited a bunch of the girls over for a birthday party for her....in my theater:cry: I swear i am never getting it backimsad

just like every man.... all you care about is your TV... ha ha ha ha just playing i think thats a very nice idea for a gift. :-) but i agree with most everyone else... make sure its wrinkle free. ;D

Italianguy
02-17-2010, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
just like every man.... all you care about is your TV... ha ha ha ha just playing i think thats a very nice idea for a gift. :-) but i agree with most everyone else... make sure its wrinkle free. ;D
LOL, How else do you think we get edumakated;D

Zainabs husband invited me over to their place.....so we can watch a soccer game:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.