/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gothernberg, Sweden

nurgee
02-17-2010, 07:51 AM
Assalammualaikum,
I'm traveling to Gothernberg, Sweden in Aug for a conference. I'm trying to find out more info about the place, any masjids around the area, halal food and is it safe for a female traveler wearing hijab.

Appreciate any info!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supreme
02-17-2010, 11:17 AM
From a quick search, I think there's a large Iranian population in Gothenburg, so I would surprised if there was not at least one mosque in the city (although expect it to be in the outskirts or suburbs).

Wearing a hijab in Gothenburg is completely safe, Swedish law does not prevent it. You won't have some form of religious police arresting you for wearing it, that's for sure, sister.

Hope you enjoy your time there. And remember to wrap up warm!

nurgee
02-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Salam,
Thank you for the info :)

Somaiyah
02-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Assalamo alaykom,

I don't live in Gothenburg myself but I know many sisters who do. There are masjids and halal shops on many places I believe, and to have hijab is no problem as long as you are not visiting the all through Swedish areas where no Muslims live. These Swedes can be a little tricky hehe...
But if you want to I could ask a sister who lives there for more information and maybe let you talk to her yourself inshaAllah?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.