PDA

View Full Version : What brain are you?

'Abdul Rahmaan
02-17-2010, 12:08 PM
What brain are you? Right or Left.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cihad
02-17-2010, 02:33 PM
when I click on the link a blank just comes up...dunno maybe that means my brain is blank?

Life_Is_Short
02-17-2010, 04:09 PM
60% Left Brain :D

Left brain dominant individuals are more orderly, literal, articulate, and to the point. They are good at understanding directions and anything that is explicit and logical. They can have trouble comprehending emotions and abstract concepts, they can feel lost when things are not clear, doubting anything that is not stated and proven. ;D

'Abdul Rahmaan
02-18-2010, 02:48 AM
About me the result of different tests is different. I couldn't decide what mind I am. Probably I'm fifty fifty.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-18-2010, 02:49 AM
I got left brained last time i checked. link isnt loading for me for some reason...

SMA89
02-18-2010, 03:34 PM
More of a left brained.

Raudha
02-18-2010, 03:37 PM
^Bro Abdul Rahmaan can you please review the link. It doesn't seem to be working for me either.

Jazakallah Khair.

:w:

SMA89
02-18-2010, 03:40 PM
http://similarminds.com/brain.html

ژاله
02-18-2010, 03:44 PM
something related to left and right brain, someone texted me:
I am sorry to inform you your brain is empty. Your brain has two parts, left and right. the right part; nothing is right in it and the left part; nothing is left in it. :/

ژاله
02-18-2010, 03:51 PM
lol this does appear to make some sense, i mean at least its got a more intelligent impression than blogthings. me is Left Brain dominant..

Asiyah3
02-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Brain Lateralization Test Results:

Right Brain |||||||||||| 42%
Left Brain |||||||||||||| 54%

Almost fifty fifty :statisfie

Raudha
02-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Jazakallah Khair brother.

I am 22% right brained and 74% left brained.

Left brain dominant individuals are more orderly, literal, articulate, and to the point. They are good at understanding directions and anything that is explicit and logical. They can have trouble comprehending emotions and abstract concepts, they can feel lost when things are not clear, doubting anything that is not stated and proven.

Right brain dominant individuals are more visual and intuitive. They are better at summarizing multiple points, picking up on what's not said, visualizing things, and making things up. They can lack attention to detail, directness, organization, and the ability to explain their ideas verbally, leaving them unable to communicate effectively.

Overall you appear to be Left Brain Dominant
:statisfie :Alhumdill

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Right Brain 40%
Left Brain 74%

Overall you appear to be Left Brain Dominant

:D lol. Makes sense

Ğħαrєєвαħ
02-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Right brain dominant individuals are more visual and intuitive. They are better at summarizing multiple points, picking up on what's not said, visualizing things, and making things up. They can lack attention to detail, directness, organization, and the ability to explain their ideas verbally, leaving them unable to communicate effectively.

Overall you appear to be Right Brain Dominant

So therefore hence and other big words. i iz a geeky Eight brainer!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
02-18-2010, 09:37 PM
woopsy lamps i meant Right* not eight sorry

'Abdul Rahmaan
02-19-2010, 01:56 AM
Have heard that a damage to right brain hemisphere may result in difficulty to concentrate. How true is it?

tw009
02-19-2010, 02:26 AM
Right Brain 34%
Left Brain 62%

Life_Is_Short
02-19-2010, 03:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Rahmaan
Have heard that a damage to right brain hemisphere may result in difficulty to concentrate. How true is it?
Right-side is responsible for cognitive functioning.

Why the notion that someone is “left-brained” or “right-brained” is absolute nonsense.?

You’ve probably heard this left/right brain dichotomy before. It goes something like this: the left hemisphere of the brain is logical, deductive, mathematical, etc., while the right hemisphere is artistic, visual and imaginative.

The idea stems at least partly from the classic studies of split brain patients performed by Sperry and Gazzaniga in the 1960s. At an intuitive level, I do not agree with this, so I decided to do some research and this is what I found.

There are some functional asymmetries in the brain, and it is true that certain regions of both hemispheres are specialized for particular functions. Speech illustrates this, but also shows that nothing is ever so simple when it comes to the brain.

In most right-handed people, speech is processed in both hemispheres, but predominantly in the left. In some left-handers, speech is processed either predominantly in the right hemisphere or on both sides.

All complex behaviours and cognitive functions require the integrated actions of multiple brain regions in both hemispheres of the brain.

All types of information are probably processed in both the left and right hemispheres, perhaps in different ways, so that the processing carried out on one side of the brain complements, rather than substitutes, that being carried out on the other.

Every mental faculty seems to be shared across the brain, with complementary contributions. It is the combination, not separation, that matters. The mutually exclusive model has all but disappeared from the literature.

People can no longer be characterised or caricatured as right and left brainers. This is now seen as a primitive form of simplistic labelling or phrenology.

It seems like a situation where some results from a study a few decades ago have been extrapolated, distorted and stretched to build this story.

So the notion that someone is “left-brained” or “right-brained” is absolute nonsense. It is like arguing that my left eye is better for movies and the right one is better for reading the newspaper!

Overall, I can’t care less about this whole thing. What matters to me, is not which part of my brain my creativity resides in, but the fact that it does and what I can do to nurture and enhance it.

Source: http://tickledbylife.com/index.php/r...in-left-brain/

syilla
02-19-2010, 05:26 AM
i don't feel like checking since... i don't know how to use alot of things using my left hand and i'm not creative - it took me half and hour just to decorate a basket...

so from there i know...what brain i am. But i do know that if you are talented and artistic you can make lots of money and can do lots of thing from it. I really have to train my children to be creative so they won't become like the mother...boring and stuck in the same old career. :(

'Abdul Rahmaan
02-21-2010, 12:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Right-side is responsible for cognitive functioning.
Do people with right brain hemisphere damaged find it difficult to understand written material? Does such a damage effect linguistic skills too?

Life_Is_Short
02-21-2010, 03:00 AM
Does such a damage effect linguistic skills too?
Left- hemisphere predominantly controls languauge in most people. The frontal and temporal lobes are the main areas of speech and language. If this area of the brain is injured then speech and language skills will be affected.

Aphasia is an acquired language disorder in which there is an impairment of any language modality. This may include difficulty in producing or comprehending spoken or written language. Aphasia usually results from lesions to the language-relevant areas of the frontal, temporal and parietal lobes of the brain. These areas are almost always located in the left hemisphere, and in most people this is where the ability to produce and comprehend language is found.

Do people with right brain hemisphere damaged find it difficult to understand written material?
Alexia is an acquired type of sensory aphasia where damage to the brain causes a patient to lose the ability to read. It is also called word blindness, text blindness or visual aphasia. It occurs following damage to the left hemisphere of the brain or to the areas of the occipital and parietal lobes, which are responsible for processing auditory, phonological and visual aspects of language.

Check wiki to find out more about the two disorders.

I also found that (thought you might like to know) studies from pateints with acquired right-hemisphere damage lesions that communication skills can be impaired following right-hemisphere damage. However exact role that right-hemisphere plays in language processing and the exact way that two cerebral hemisphere coordinate their linguistics are still open to debate.

★ηαѕιнα★
02-28-2010, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim World 12

Overall you appear to be Right Brain Dominant

So therefore hence and other big words. i iz a geeky Eight brainer!
^^ My Geeky sister. How nice to run into you here. Am also a right brainer, the language-oriented side. Sucked at math, requires loads of the left side ;D Not soo geeky at that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.