/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Request for ideas on collaborative book for children on Islam basics.

zakirs
02-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Salaam all ,

IB is pretty much on and off these days for me due to my busy univ schedule.Though i would like to ask many knowledgeable people for some advice.

I was searching for a good Islamic book for children today ( for my sister[cousin] ) , I found many good ones.Since I am not in India its not a big problem.How about people who live in say Europe and can't pay for the postage, Or just can't pay for now because they are short on budget this month.

I was thinking if some of us IBians could help me , I am willing to start a project on Open source ( free to download , edit and pass on ) book for children.Since I am looking after Jannah posters , this could be a nice project for JP too.I can do art work and also the compiling of book.I would need you guys help with stuff like some stories , creation of index and content, verification etc.

Please let me know if there are any other open source books available which we can edit and then make them better rather than starting a new project.

feed back plz.:exhausted:exhausted

Oh btw does rashad have anything to do with the outage ? :p

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
02-17-2010, 10:58 PM
What message or what are you trying to teach? Like Salaah etc? Sounds like an interesting project to me. :X

zakirs
02-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Well it would be a basic book covering things like how to do prayer , wudhu , and general Islamic stories for kids.I remember when i was a kid , my aunt brought me a islamic studies book from UAE.It was so nice and informative. We don't have such books in our curriculae. Why not us make one with help of the one i already have and make it public for everybody to use and distribute ? :) .

Please i need your inputs.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.