/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Israel gives birth to strange creatures in Gaza´s hospitals

sister herb
02-17-2010, 06:23 PM
By Mariam Hamed

The use of white phosphorus and other weapons containing toxic metals have triggered a startling increase in birth defects in Gaza

Special to Palestine Note, February 16, 2010

In Gaza's hospitals, one might see peculiar, near-alien looking objects in the maternity ward. Is this child human, or is it from another planet, escaped from some Hollywood movie?

The answer will surprise you when a Palestinian mother says: This is my son!

The Palestinian Ministry of Healthy in Gaza has issued several press releases concerning the consequences of the human and environmental disasters in Gaza, highlighting Israel's use of weapons containing toxic metals and carcinogens, both of which are highly harmful to the developing developing fetus.

Ahmed Alashi, Director of Public Relations and Media at the Ministry of Health in Gaza, says cases of birth defects in Gaza's hospitals are on the rise. He added, "in 2009 after the Israeli aggression in Gaza, the number of cases of fetal abnormality in the Gaza Strip reached 26 while... in 2010 the figure reached 48 cases." That's is nearly double the instances of birth defects in a single year.

After the recent war on Gaza, the New Weapons Research Committee (NWRC), an Italy-based group of scientists and doctors who study the effects of non-conventional weapons and the middle-term effects on residents in areas affected by conflict, conducted a study on the effects of Operation Cast Lead on Gazans. Through their field research in Gaza, the found four holes from separate bombing operations (the first two from July 2006 bombing campaigns - in Beit Hanoun and Jabaliya camp - and the other two from the Cast Lead bombings in Tufah, east of Gaza City).

Their research determined the explosives contained white phosphorus, a toxic metallic element high in known carcinogens. Further analysis of the bombed areas found evidence of other metals harmful to human reproductive and nervous systems: molibden, tungsten, cadmium, cobalt, strontium - all of which have adverse effects on humans and the environment.

The Al Damer Foundation for Human Rights conducted a study showing the areas around Jabaliya, Beit Hanoun, and Beit Lahiya are the most vulnerable to fetal abnormalities and health concerns. These areas have also seen more Israeli aggression and felt the use of weapons containing toxic and radioactive materials more than any other area in Gaza during Operation Cast Lead.

Humanitarian law in accordance with the Geneva Conventions prohibits the use of white phosphorus as a weapon (its intended use is as an obscurant). Israel did use WP as a weapon of aggression and has even admitted to doing so - but with little more than reprimand from the international community. Gaza is experiencing a humanitarian and environmental crisis, and its million and a half residents are all at risk. An entire generation yet to be born is at risk. When will the world tell Israel enough is enough and stand up for Gaza?

Photos: Mariam Hamed, taken at Al-Shifa Hospital and obtained from the Ministry of Health - you can see those photos from the source, I didn´t put them here as they are very graphic: http://www.uruknet.com/index.php?p=m...hd=&size=1&l=e

imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
02-18-2010, 02:00 PM
:salamext:

ISRAEL GIVES BIRTH TO STRANGE CREATURES IN GAZA'S HOSPITALS

By Mariam Hamed

The use of white phosphorus and other weapons containing toxic metals have triggered a startling increase in birth defects in Gaza

Special to Palestine Note, February 16, 2010

In Gaza's hospitals, one might see peculiar, near-alien looking objects in the maternity ward. Is this child human, or is it from another planet, escaped from some Hollywood movie?

The answer will surprise you when a Palestinian mother says: This is my son! The Palestinian Ministry of Healthy in Gaza has issued several press releases concerning the consequences of the human and environmental disasters in Gaza, highlighting Israel's use of weapons containing toxic metals and carcinogens, both of which are highly harmful to the developing developing fetus.

This photo was obtained from Gaza's Ministry of Health
Ahmed Alashi, Director of Public Relations and Media at the Ministry of Health in Gaza, says cases of birth defects in Gaza's hospitals are on the rise. He added, "in 2009 after the Israeli aggression in Gaza, the number of cases of fetal abnormality in the Gaza Strip reached 26 while... in 2010 the figure reached 48 cases." That's is nearly double the instances of birth defects in a single year.

Infant, Al-Shifa Hospital

Their research determined the explosives contained white phosphorus, a toxic metallic element high in known carcinogens. Further analysis of the bombed areas found evidence of other metals harmful to human reproductive and nervous systems: molibden, tungsten, cadmium, cobalt, strontium - all of which have adverse effects on humans and the environment.

Infant in an incubator, Al-Shifa Hospital
The Al Damer Foundation for Human Rights conducted a study showing the areas around Jabaliya, Beit Hanoun, and Beit Lahiya are the most vulnerable to fetal abnormalities and health concerns. These areas have also seen more Israeli aggression and felt the use of weapons containing toxic and radioactive materials more than any other area in Gaza during Operation Cast Lead.

Humanitarian law in accordance with the Geneva Conventions prohibits the use of white phosphorus as a weapon (its intended use is as an obscurant). Israel did use WP as a weapon of aggression and has even admitted to doing so - but with little more than reprimand from the international community. Gaza is experiencing a humanitarian and environmental crisis, and its million and a half residents are all at risk. An entire generation yet to be born is at risk. When will the world tell Israel enough is enough and stand up for Gaza?

Photos: Mariam Hamed, taken at Al-Shifa Hospital and obtained from the Ministry of Health

sister herb
02-19-2010, 06:30 AM
Here is more information about those toxics what have used against Gaza during war (2009):

Weapons of Mass Destruction Used in Gaza

http://www.brusselstribunal.org/GazaWeapons.htm

CosmicPathos
02-19-2010, 06:32 AM
That reptile-baby is scary. I hve seen such videos of babies on youtube. Its miserable. Its a skin disease. Should such babies be aborted? What is Islamic ruling on that?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Grofica
02-19-2010, 06:41 AM
that is sooooo sad :-(

tango92
02-19-2010, 07:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
That reptile-baby is scary. I hve seen such videos of babies on youtube. Its miserable. Its a skin disease. Should such babies be aborted? What is Islamic ruling on that?
no they shouldnt. its for Allah to decide when suffering becomes too much and then he takes the babies life of his own accord

Abdul Qadir
02-19-2010, 08:34 AM
what u mean strange creatures? these unfortunate babies(if these are real pix)...are u heartless or what?

Karina
02-19-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm no expert but the second baby down looks to have Harlequin Ichthyosis which is a genetic skin disorder.

CosmicPathos
02-19-2010, 08:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karina
I'm no expert but the second baby down looks to have Harlequin Ichthyosis which is a genetic skin disorder.
and genes can be modified through ingesting harmful materials. Are you suggesting that since its a genetic disorder, Israeli attacks could not be responsible for it?

Abdul Qadir
02-19-2010, 08:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Is this article a joke? Because I'm laughing. I know babies can be born with birth defects but this is just ridiculous.
Boaz, I understand ur feelings..even though ur a jewish *****, this thread is too much...very shocking..not the babies, but the way these innocent things have been addressed as "creatures"...

Karina
02-19-2010, 08:59 AM
and genes can be modified through ingesting harmful materials. Are you suggesting that since its a genetic disorder, Israeli attacks could not be responsible for it?
Hmm. Deja vu?

Are you (again) suggesting that everything I post is a dig at Islam?

I'm merely commenting! Please stop being so paranoid!

Grrr :hiding:

Abdul Qadir
02-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Hmm. Deja vu?

you should convert to islam..kill two birds in one stone...

Karina
02-19-2010, 09:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
you should convert to islam..kill two birds in one stone...
Hehe :) Never say never!

Abdul Qadir
02-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Hehe :) Never say never!
Inshallah...

CosmicPathos
02-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Hmm. Deja vu?

Why not? An agnostic is an anti-thesis of a believer. Whatever you say, it is targeted at belief or believers.

But yea, the option of accepting Islam is open.

Karina
02-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Why not? An agnostic is an anti-thesis of a believer. Whatever you say, it is targeted at belief or believers.

But yea, the option of accepting Islam is open.
*sigh* Not sure why you appear to be making so many assumptions about me.

For the record, I use the term Agnostic to imply an element of scepticism and uncertainty, NOT a denial of any particular belief. Maybe I should change it to Agnostic Theist hmm? I love learning about Islam.

And if you knew anything about me you'd know that I'm not here to criticise or ridicule, I'm here to learn.....but actually I can't be bothered to defend myself any more when, from your previous comments and PM, you've clearly formed your opinion about me already. imsad

CosmicPathos
02-19-2010, 09:34 AM
*sigh* Not sure why you appear to be making so many assumptions about me.

For the record, I use the term Agnostic to imply an element of scepticism and uncertainty, NOT a denial of any particular belief. Maybe I should change it to Agnostic Theist hmm? I love learning about Islam.

And if you knew anything about me you'd know that I'm not here to criticise or ridicule, I'm here to learn.....but actually I can't be bothered to defend myself any more when, from your previous comments and PM, you've clearly formed your opinion about me already. imsad
well, you are welcome to learn. I just felt that mentioning that disease as "genetic" was your attempt to cast doubt on Israeli involvement in the suffering. I guess you had not the intention to cast doubts in this regards.

Karina
02-19-2010, 09:52 AM
well, you are welcome to learn. I just felt that mentioning that disease as "genetic" was your attempt to cast doubt on Israeli involvement in the suffering. I guess you had not the intention to cast doubts in this regards.
Thank you, I just noticed that the article didn't mention the name of the condition that's all.

I will remember to be sooo much more careful with my wording in future! :giggling:

sister herb
02-19-2010, 11:26 AM
This new I read already almost month ago:

Gaza: 75 Deformed Babies Caused by the War

January 14, 2010

Gaza, January 14, 2010 (Pal Telegraph) - Recent scientific analyses have shown that the war was a direct cause of the increasing numbers of birth defects, miscarriages and cancer in the Gaza Strip.

A report by Conscience Organisation for Human Rights concerning the environmental and health dangers resulting from the bombardment and invasion revealed that incidents of children born with deformities have risen markedly in the Gaza Strip.

The report said that in the three months prior to the start of the war in December 2008 just twenty-seven children were born with such deformities. During the same period in 2009 the number was forty-nine, a significant increase. The report indicated that 50% of the confirmed cases relate to the nervous system and joining of organs.

It also pointed out that the rate of deformities was particularly high in Jabaliya, Beit Hanoun and Beit Lahiya districts, which witnessed the most intense Israeli bombing during the war. The report attributes this increased number of deformities to the use of weapons containing toxic and radioactive elements.

The citizen Anwar Abed Al-Ghfor, who lives in Gaza, said that his wife was in her first month of pregnancy when the Israeli war started on Gaza. White phosphorus bombs targeted the neighborhood where he lives. After 9 months of her pregnancy she delivered a deformed baby who lived 3 months then died!!

Dr. Muawiya Hassanin, the spokesman of the Ministry of Health in Gaza, said that after a year of the Israeli war on Gaza serious results and indicators of using internationally banned weapons have emerged. Besides, using toxic gas, white phosphorus, and weapons doctors did not know before.

He said that the results of these weapons appeared a year later as there are 75 cases of deform fetus and newborn of both males and females, in Gaza. These deformed newborns need special effort to treat them, he added.

Dr. Hassanein said: "in addition to deformity of fetus, the sterility in young men and women has risen. This is also proved by international academic institutions and universities in Italy, Sweden and the United States because they took samples from the patients"

He added that Italian research centers in cooperation with human rights organizations published their findings with evidences. He pointed out that there is another serious indicator as the number of blood cancers patients has risen too.

http://www.uruknet.com/index.php?p=m...hd=&size=1&l=e

Froggy
02-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Not every genetic condition can be acquired through an induced mutation.

Souljette
02-19-2010, 05:03 PM
This is just ridiculous....they killed people then and affected the coming generations and no one is doing anything about it..:(

InfiniteMercy
02-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Isnt this what they call "trickle feed" or systematic genocide? May God support the Gazans and give them the strength to carry on with life, even though they have absolutely nothing left and everything seems so hopeless..

Musliman
02-25-2010, 11:47 AM
OMG ! I can't believe this, I am speechless imsad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.