/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Colostomy bag

Rabi'ya
02-17-2010, 10:17 PM
:sl:

MY apologies for posting in General forum, if this is better placed somewhere else then please mods, feel free to move.

My question is this.....

Is there any specific Islamic advice/rulings surrounding a person who has a colostomy bag/stoma? I mean by way of salaah or wudhu, are there any differences? I am new to this concept so please forgive me if I seem unknowing. Perhaps some medics can shed some more light on the topic for me.

How does it affect your diet/appetite? Is there any need for caution surrounding fasting?How does one approach Hajj in this state? are there any considerations to be though about?

JazakAllah kheir for your input and I appreciate that if peoples comments are personal that you will post as anonymous.

Your sister in Islam :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
02-17-2010, 10:31 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...tomy-bags.html

Rabi'ya
02-17-2010, 10:39 PM
:sl:

jazakAllah kheir for posting the link.

I am aware that having a colostomy bag may mean that a different diet is requried. Does anyone know anything about this?Would this affect fasting?

If anyone has personal experience I would be very interested to hear, even if anonymously.

jazakAllah kheir in advance :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.