/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Problem with bad body odour

feelgood09
02-18-2010, 09:00 PM
I have a very embarrassing problem whereby I suffer from very bad body odour, people have often said that my body smells of urine or some sort of bad burning smell. This has totally ruined my life and dont know what to do.

I do what most people often do, I shower every morning before going to work, I have a change of clothes everyday and also apply deoderant or eu de toilet everyday, but this still does not make any difference.

I am angry and frustrated and dont know what to do?

Can people advise on what I should do?

Many thanks in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
02-18-2010, 09:08 PM
you need to see a dermatologist.. you might have an underlying problem..

meanwhile try to change your diet to fruits and yogurts, and try this body mint:

:w:

Banu_Hashim
02-18-2010, 09:14 PM
^ yep, do that, lol. How can I argue with sister skye!

Dagless
02-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Do you sweat a lot? You said deodorant, have you tried antiperspirant? Buy a few different brands and see which works best. When you shower do you scrub and use an antibacterial soap?
Don't let this get you down because you seem to have good hygiene, and this just may just turn out to be a medical problem.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
02-18-2010, 09:25 PM
i always say ''if you can't smell the smell yourself......then people's opinion you must repel!''

you take a shower every morning that's more than enough!

CosmicPathos
02-18-2010, 09:55 PM
may Allah make it easy for you.

Its very hard to survive in a society with this disease which considers being "well groomed" a religion.

Blackpool
02-18-2010, 11:06 PM
And use decent soap such as "imperial leather," change your bed sheets too!

SMA89
02-19-2010, 02:33 AM
If you take a shower and still smell like that, then it is definitely your clothes.
Wash your clothes every week.
Take a shower everyday before you leave your house. If you have time , take one before sleep.
Use Shampoo, body wash & soap.
Put on Cologne.
Apply Deodorant under armpits and around private area.
Its common sense and you should be able to detect it.

جوري
02-19-2010, 02:42 AM
very bad odor can be caused by a rare syndrome called trimethylaminuria and it isn't the only syndrome of its kind.. I am not suggesting at all that it is what you have, but since you stated, you change your clothes daily, shower everyday and use the deodorants, I really think it is time you visited with a doctor... I don't think anyone can give you advise on the forum that you probably haven't tried in real life..

and Allah swt knows best

Beardo
02-19-2010, 02:45 AM
May Allah Ta'ala make it easy for you. As Banu Hasim said, we can't really dispute Sister Skye's words.

It's good to remember we all have our faults, even if we don't reveal them. I also have an excema problem. I got a big rash on my right leg. :X It's utterly disgusting. Anyway, I apply medicine to it.

When I was younger, I had a horrible dandruff problem. It left me after ... I think like 15 years! That was after many shampoos and medicine and what have you.

Abdul Qadir
02-19-2010, 02:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by feelgood09
I have a very embarrassing problem whereby I suffer from very bad body odour, people have often said that my body smells of urine or some sort of bad burning smell. This has totally ruined my life and dont know what to do.

I do what most people often do, I shower every morning before going to work, I have a change of clothes everyday and also apply deoderant or eu de toilet everyday, but this still does not make any difference.

I am angry and frustrated and dont know what to do?

Can people advise on what I should do?

Many thanks in advance.
Anti-pespirant (roll-on type)

جوري
02-19-2010, 04:03 AM
:sl:

somethings you can do now before you book an appt. (the chlorophyllin) mentioned below is the body mint which I have shown in my first post.. so you can try that for now.. any sort of antibiotic (if in fact you have this condition) can only be prescribed by a doctor.. only use deodorants or body washes that have an 'antibacterial' in them

Currently, there is no known cure or treatment for the disorder. However, some people affected by the disorder live relatively normal lives by managing their symptoms and with counseling. When the condition is suspected or known to occur in a family, genetic testing can be helpful in identifying the specific individuals who have or carry the disorder.
Ways of reducing the fishy odor may include:

• Avoiding foods such as eggs, legumes, certain meats, fish, and other foods that contain choline, carnitine, nitrogen, and sulfur
  • Taking low doses of antibiotics such as neomycin and metronidazole[6] in order to reduce the amount of bacteria in the gut
  • Using slightly acidic detergent with a pH between 5.5 and 6.5

Additionally, at least one study[7] has suggested that daily intake of the supplements activated charcoal and/or copper chlorophyllin may improve the quality of life of individuals afflicted with TMAU by helping their bodies to oxidize and convert TMA to the odorless N-oxide (TMAO) metabolite. Study participants experienced subjective reduction in odor as well as objective reduction in TMA and increase in TMAO concentration measured in their urine. The study's success rates varied:

• 85% of test participants experienced complete loss of detectable "fishy" odor
  • 10% experienced some reduction in detectable odor
  • 5% did not experience any detectable odor reduction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimethylaminuria

syilla
02-19-2010, 05:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
i always say ''if you can't smell the smell yourself......then people's opinion you must repel!''

you take a shower every morning that's more than enough!
thats dangerous lol... you can never smell your own odour because you're immune to it.

Do you remember how Rasullullah will try his best to make himself smells good...and he spend more on perfume that the food itself...huhu

feelgood09
02-19-2010, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Do you sweat a lot? You said deodorant, have you tried antiperspirant? Buy a few different brands and see which works best. When you shower do you scrub and use an antibacterial soap?
Don't let this get you down because you seem to have good hygiene, and this just may just turn out to be a medical problem.
I havent tried antiperspirant, I will have to try it and see if using antibacterial deodorant and antibacterial soap actually works.

This Body Mint, has anyone tried it?

جوري
02-20-2010, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by feelgood09
This Body Mint, has anyone tried it?
you can read reviews on the body mint here:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...56&catid=48138

and here:

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Mint-Deod...6635607&sr=8-1

I still suggest you see a doctor and change your diet as per above..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.