/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayerrr general question

catalzzy
02-18-2010, 10:05 PM
:sl:

is it allowed to pray on your own or just it is better to pray in the masjid?

some say, praying on your own is not good. must go to masjid to pray which is even better than praying on your own?

is there any hadeeth about it?

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
imam bukhari
02-22-2010, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Catalzzy

is it allowed to pray on your own or just it is better to pray in the masjid?

some say, praying on your own is not good. must go to masjid to pray which is even better than praying on your own?

is there any hadeeth about it?

:wa:
assalaam o alaykum,

there are numerous hadith saying how the congreagational prayer is better than the one offered alone....

in fact it is FARD AIN (compulsory on EVERYONE) and hthis is the stronmger opinion...

congregational prayer is 25 times better than a normal one... some hadiths mention 27 times better.....

i fwd u to read "The Congregational Prayer" By shaykh Saalih Al-Sadlaan

hope ive helped...

wassalaam o alaykum

Rabi'ya
02-22-2010, 03:03 PM

Brother, I assume this applies only to men, no?

As a. Woman I heard its more rewarding to pray at home.

Salahudeen
02-22-2010, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~SilverOrchid~

Brother, I assume this applies only to men, no?

As a. Woman I heard its more rewarding to pray at home.
Yes applies to men, there's many hadiths about the reward of praying in congregation, it also builds the community when you see the same people 5 times a day in the masjid.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
02-22-2010, 03:42 PM
That's what I thought but the previous brother said it was compulsory on everyone.just wanted. to clarify. Maybe a newbie could have been mistaken

imam bukhari
02-22-2010, 05:01 PM
sorry for confusion...yes that ONLY for men...

as for women, then as the scholars have stated (based on the hadith "the womens salah in her home is better than her salah in masjid") that EVEN IF SHE LIVED A DOOR AWAY FROM THE KA'BAH, even then her salah in her home is more rewarding...

so mans gotta walk to the masjid al haram (nay he's gotta fly all the way there to masjid al haram (makkah)!) to get 100,000 whereas a woman is getting that 5 times a day from her home in the west!

Allhu akbar!

G3A3
02-24-2010, 11:55 AM

For Men:

It is an act of great reward to perform Salah in congregation at the Masjid. It is highly recommended and considered a great Sunnah and all men should strive to do so:

1064. Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Salat in congregation is twenty-seven times more meritorious than a Salat performed individually.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

1065. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "A man's Salat in congregation is twenty-five times more rewarding than his Salat at home or in his shop, and that is because when he performs his Wudu' properly and proceeds towards the mosque with the purpose of performing Salat in congregation, he does not take a step without being raised a degree (in rank) for it and having a sin remitted for it, till he enters the mosque. When he is performing Salat, the angels continue to invoke Blessings of Allah on him as long as he is in his place of worship in a state of Wudu'. They say: `O Allah! Have mercy on him! O Allah! Forgive him.' He is deemed to be engaged in Salat as long as he waits for it.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

For Women:

It is superior and better to perform Salah at home, however it is not forbidden for them to come to the Masjid:

Narrated Umm Humaid As-Sa’diyah who once said to the Prophet (SAW): Messenger of Allah (SAW)! I love to pray with you (i.e. in the mosque)! Upon hearing this, Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said:

"I know that you love to say your prayer with me. However, the prayer you offer in your residence is more excellent than that you offer in your people’s mosque. And your prayer in your people’s mosque is better for you than you prayer in the (lager) congregational mosque." (Abu Dawud; Musnad of Imaam Ahmad; & At-Tabarani)

Ibn ‘Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said:

"Do not prevent women from going to the Mosque at night." A boy said to ‘Abd Allah bin ‘Umar: We would never let them go out, that they may not be caught in evil. He (the narrator) said: Ibn ‘Umar reprimanded him and said: I am saying that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said this, but you say: We would not allow! (Saheeh Muslim)

Zainab bint Thaqafiya reported: The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said to us:

"When any of you comes to the mosque, she should not apply perfume." (Saheeh Muslim)

waqas maqsood
02-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Whilst on general prayer thread.. I wanted to ask 4 questions as I am looking to perfect my salah...

1. When saying 'Allahoo Akbar' does our thumb need to touch the ear lobe?

2. Placing of the hand... Where exactly? Below the navel, on the chest, holding arm?? holding wrist??

3. Rafadain?? Is it ok to practise during our Salah? Purpose and benefit

4. During Quaidah and reading Atthahiyatoo.. how does one's right hand index finger should be placed? and can someone kindly also explain the benefit and purpose to it?

I understand this all might be answered but I couldn't find it.

Ma'salam

G3A3
02-24-2010, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by waqas maqsood
Whilst on general prayer thread.. I wanted to ask 4 questions as I am looking to perfect my salah...

1. When saying 'Allahoo Akbar' does our thumb need to touch the ear lobe?

2. Placing of the hand... Where exactly? Below the navel, on the chest, holding arm?? holding wrist??

3. Rafadain?? Is it ok to practise during our Salah? Purpose and benefit

4. During Quaidah and reading Atthahiyatoo.. how does one's right hand index finger should be placed? and can someone kindly also explain the benefit and purpose to it?

I understand this all might be answered but I couldn't find it.

Ma'salam

1) There is no Authentic evidence and nothing in books of Fiqh that hands need to touch the ear. You can raise your hand upto ear lobes or upto your shoulders but no touching of the ears.

2) Below the Navel (Hanafi & Hanbali Madhab) and above the Navel (Shaf'ae and Hanbali Madhab) are all allowed and it is discussed in detail in Tirmidhi

3) Hanafi & Maliki Madhabs consider that abandoning Raf Al-Yadain is better while Shaf'ae & Hanbali consider that performing Raf Al-Yadain is better

4) Massive differnence of opinion on the issue, personally I like to raise my finger on "Ash-hadu Allah Ilaha and keep it raised (i.e. never drop it)"

I can post evidence for all of the above, if you require.

If you a laymen then ask a Scholar and stick to it, Insha'Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.