/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Favorite food AND Desert

Grofica
02-19-2010, 06:48 AM
ok so before we get off topic on the other tread i have posted this so we can all add our favorite food and favorite desert...

try and do both... hey maybe we will learn some new things to make...

Recipies are always welcome!!!!

I will start....

Favorite Food:čevapi (pronounced in english like chev-api)

Favorite Desert: Tufahija

Ingredients:

2 kg Yellow Apples
1/2 kg sugar (for macrobiotic version use Brown Sugar, Barley Malt or Rice Syrup)
1,5 dcl white wine
1,5 dcl water
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
15 dkg of Walnuts
1/2 l of cream (or Soya Cream for macrobiotic or vegan version)

Note: You can make Tufahija from just a few apples with less use of sweetener and other ingredients.

If you are using little pot for cooking, put 1/2 kg of sugar and add 3 dcl of water or if you have wine, then 1,5 dcl of white wine and 1,5 dcl of water. And if you are cooking more apples, then use bigger pot and 1 kg of sugar and water to be about 1 cm above the sugar.
While water is on fire start peeling apples. Don't peal all immediately because it will change color.

Remove the middle from apple, with all seeds and little more around. When water starts boiling add lemon juice and put first apples for cooking.
While. u taking care about cooking ones, the same time peal the others and remove middle. Just the number which can be cooked in the pot at the same time.

While apples are cooking use tablespoon to pour water on upper part which is not under water. When lower part become softer turn apples to cook from other side too.

Take care that apple not become too soft, because when u take out apple from cooking water it will continue with softening till not become cold. When u touching apple it should be softer just on outer layer

When all peeling is finished and while cooked apples are cooling, you can grind walnuts. For 2 kg of apples you can need around 15 dkg of walnuts.
When you finish apples cooking , add to walnuts few spoons of water which stayed after cooking. Mix it and add more if it is needed that mixture be smooth and thick.

Mix cream untill become thick.

Add few spoons of cream to walnuts and mix it.
Fill every apple with little coffee spoon. It should be rich with filling.
When all apples are filled, decorate with cream.

Note: For preparing this delicious Tufahija dessert, you can use Golden Delicious Apples or Ida Red. Many kinds of apples cant be cooked in water because they become too soft.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
02-19-2010, 06:56 AM
Wow.

My favorite food are many but usually are from my own background.

1- Biryani (spicy rice with chicken) homemade
2- Pulao (another type of rice) homemade
3- Butter chicken (spicy chicken) home made http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_chicken
4- Nehaari (spicy) homemade http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihari
5- Chapli Kabaab homemade (spicy) http://www.angelfire.com/country/fau...aplikabab.html
6- Tikkay (spicy) homemade http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tikka_(food)
7- Italian pasta
8- Syrian Shwarma
9- Ruz Bukhari (Afgani rice) with spicy tomato sauce and roasted chicken. My favorite place in Saudi called Al-Maida. Anyone visiting Riyadh in Saudi MUST go there. ;D
10- mutabbakh
11- Fool (roasted beans) with Afghani roti in Saudi.
12- Mutton chanp (spicy beef) homemade
13- Daal chawal (white rice and spicy pulses) homemade

Desserts:
1- Doodh Sawanyan homemade
2- Doodh kheer homemade http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kheer
3- Khoye wali kulfi http://tummytimes.blogspot.com/2008/07/shahi-kulfi.html

Abdul Qadir
02-19-2010, 07:30 AM
Mutton Briyani with Dalcha...Curd rice with pickle...Dates...water...Honey, Almonds, Black Cumin Seed powder...=)..

CosmicPathos
02-19-2010, 07:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
Mutton Briyani with Dalcha...Curd rice with pickle...Dates...water...Honey, Almonds, Black Cumin Seed powder...=)..
welcome to the Biryani fan club brother. ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Grofica
02-19-2010, 07:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
Where are the pics???? recipy??? :cry:

Cabdullahi
02-19-2010, 07:43 AM
Foul mudamas with pathan bread is what i always have when i travel to uae

tango92
02-19-2010, 07:50 AM
my favourite is chips with chili and garlic sauce

i mean its seriously good

and desert is either kulfi or custard

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

Abdul Qadir
02-19-2010, 08:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
welcome to the Biryani fan club brother. ;D
haha!! thanks! i feel so welcomed...

Abdul Qadir
02-19-2010, 08:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
Where are the pics???? recipy??? :cry:
curd rice with pickle: mix cooked rice with yoghurt and a bit of water..then the pickle is the indian mango/lemon pickle..i like the lassi drink too...salty one...you mix yoghurt in water, u beat it...and in a bit of salt..and my goodness! also known as buttermilk...regarding Briyani and Dalcha, that one too complex...must ask brother scientist...maybe he knows the science of briyani...lol....i mix honey with black cumin seed powder and take it along with 10 Almonds every morning to aid my memory in regards to the Quran..and also to keep me free from diesease inshallah...in the afternoons and evenings, i just take 10 almonds soaked in 1 tablespoon of Honey!!! yum yum!!! regarding the pictures, lol...GOOGLE IT!!!!!

S<Chowdhury
02-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Chot Poti (Chick Peas in Tamarind) Favourite Snack !!!!

Ingredients:
2 cans chickpeas (washed and drained)
1/2 block of fresh tamarind (found packaged in most Indian stores)
1 potato (peeled and diced into about the same size as the chick peas)
Spices: 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp coriander powder
fresh coriander
green chillies
3 eggs (hard boiled) then sliced
1 onion sliced thin like matchsticks
1 tomato
1/4 cucumber

How to:
1. Boil chick peas and potato in water along with 1/2 tsp of all spices as indicated above and 1 level tsp salt.

2. Using a blender, make a sauce with tamarind (having squeezed out the tamarind well), 2-3 green chillies and a handful of coriander leaves.

3. Add only some of the sauce to the chick peas and potatoes and continue to boil until the sauce gets thicker and the vegetables are soft but not mashed. Save the remainder of the tamarind sauce for adding later when serving.

4. Heat up 3 tsps of cumin powder and 1 tsp of chilli powder in a dry fry pan without using any oil. Heat until browned. (You may want to put the extractor fan on at this point).

5. Add just 1/2 of the quantity of the heated cumin and chilli powder to the chot poti (chick peas and potato) leaving the rest for serving later.

6. Before serving, add the matchstick-like onion slices, some sliced cucumber, sliced egg and sliced tomato and then pour into a serving dish.

7. Decorate the top with the remaining egg slices and cucumber slices and sprinkle the warmed spices over the top.

8. Serve with a bowl of the warmed spices on the side, a jug of tamarind sauce, and some chopped green chillies. Guests can add these items as they please when serving themselves a bowl of chot poti.

S<Chowdhury
02-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Proper Desi (meaning curry n spices) a sylheti cuisine never seen anyone else cook it. Its using Shatkora which is a citrus fruit

Shatkora Curry

• 1Lb lamb steaks cubed
  • 2 Green pepper, de-seeded
  • 2 Tablespoons tomato puree
  • 1 Cup of Curry Massalla Gravy as above.
  • 1 onion finely chopped.
  • 2 Teaspoon Curry Powder
  • 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
  • 1 Finely Chopped Cayenne Chilli
  • 2 tomatoes, quartered
  • 4 Cloves Crushed Garlic
  • 2 inches Root Ginger grated
  • 5 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
  • 5 Tablespoons whole coriander leaves
  • 1 teaspoon Garam Massalla
  • Seeds of 2 green cardamom pods
  • 1/2 Shatkora, inside removed and sliced into 6 strips

Method

Make a paste of the curry powder, cardamom pod seeds and chilli powder with a little water.

Chop the pepper into 1 inch square pieces. Fry the onion until translucent in the veg oil then add the garlic, ginger, pepper and chilli and stir fry on medium for a further 2 minutes.

Add the curry and chilli powder paste and stir in and fry for a further 30 secs. Add the lamb pieces and seal well on all sides. Add the tomato puree, water, shatkora and cook on high heat for 15 minutes to reduce the sauce, stirring constantly. Add the garam massala and stir in well. Reduce the heat and add the tomatoes, stir in and cover the pan, cook for 3 minutes without stirring. Now add the whole coriander leaves, stir half heartily and serve!

Abdul Qadir
02-19-2010, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
my favourite is chips with chili and garlic sauce

i mean its seriously good

and desert is either kulfi or custard

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................
I LOOOOOOVE kulfi!!!! its an ice cream i ate about 15 years back in india...it was in a pot...that was the most delicous ice cream i had in my life!!!!

M..x
02-19-2010, 10:40 PM
My favourite has to be white rice + kidney beans yummmy and also pilau aka brown rice. Tha bomb!

Its that wit greek yogurt, Yum!!!

And also I love alll rasmalai

and OBVIOUSLY cheescake...

I have also NO idea how to make them, I eat and that pretty much sums up me lol. Thank you and bye =P

_PakistaN_
02-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Favorite Food I don't really know.

but favorite desert is Doodh Wali Jalebi.... it's a pakistani desert.

Cabdullahi
02-20-2010, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
Favorite Food I don't really know.

but favorite desert is Doodh Wali Jalebi.... it's a pakistani desert.
sorry my brother but doodh in arabic is not a dessert its more on the savory side its a wormy dish :)

CosmicPathos
02-21-2010, 01:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
sorry my brother but doodh in arabic is not a dessert its more on the savory side its a wormy dish :)
doodh means 7aleeb milky milk man.

waqas maqsood
02-21-2010, 01:28 AM
Pizza all the way...

A great cooked pizza (got to be deep pan) with Sweetcorn, Green Chilli, (spicy chicken or chinese chicken), red onions, black olives and mushorroms.

For desert: Tarte aux pommes (Apple tart) with hot custard or just Ice Cream with Belgian Waffle..

When it comes to lentils, The only one i'll ever eat is kidney beans... I love Kidney Beans (only the way my mother cooks.. she rocks) with boiled white rice!

Italianguy
02-21-2010, 02:07 AM
All Indian food....especially Biriyani, and for desert either Kheer, or Jaleebi, with Mango lassi to drink..mmmmm,,,mmmm,,GOOD!

.....and of course all Italian food...the real stuff like stuffed chilli's and all the spicy stuff, not that chain resturuant crap!

waqas maqsood
02-22-2010, 06:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
All Indian food....especially Biriyani, and for desert either Kheer, or Jaleebi, with Mango lassi to drink..mmmmm,,,mmmm,,GOOD!

.....and of course all Italian food...the real stuff like stuffed chilli's and all the spicy stuff, not that chain resturuant crap!
lol.. Dude, u sure ur Italian.. You're giving me an impression of an undercover Indian?

Woodrow
02-22-2010, 06:32 AM
ok so before we get off topic on the other tread i have posted this so we can all add our favorite food and favorite desert...

try and do both... hey maybe we will learn some new things to make...

Recipies are always welcome!!!!

I will start....

Favorite Food:čevapi (pronounced in english like chev-api)

Favorite Desert: Tufahija

Ingredients:

2 kg Yellow Apples
1/2 kg sugar (for macrobiotic version use Brown Sugar, Barley Malt or Rice Syrup)
1,5 dcl white wine1,5 dcl water
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
15 dkg of Walnuts
1/2 l of cream (or Soya Cream for macrobiotic or vegan version)

Note: You can make Tufahija from just a few apples with less use of sweetener and other ingredients.

If you are using little pot for cooking, put 1/2 kg of sugar and add 3 dcl of water or if you have wine, then 1,5 dcl of white wine and 1,5 dcl of water. And if you are cooking more apples, then use bigger pot and 1 kg of sugar and water to be about 1 cm above the sugar.
While water is on fire start peeling apples. Don't peal all immediately because it will change color.

Remove the middle from apple, with all seeds and little more around. When water starts boiling add lemon juice and put first apples for cooking.
While. u taking care about cooking ones, the same time peal the others and remove middle. Just the number which can be cooked in the pot at the same time.

While apples are cooking use tablespoon to pour water on upper part which is not under water. When lower part become softer turn apples to cook from other side too.

Take care that apple not become too soft, because when u take out apple from cooking water it will continue with softening till not become cold. When u touching apple it should be softer just on outer layer

When all peeling is finished and while cooked apples are cooling, you can grind walnuts. For 2 kg of apples you can need around 15 dkg of walnuts.
When you finish apples cooking , add to walnuts few spoons of water which stayed after cooking. Mix it and add more if it is needed that mixture be smooth and thick.

Mix cream untill become thick.

Add few spoons of cream to walnuts and mix it.
Fill every apple with little coffee spoon. It should be rich with filling.
When all apples are filled, decorate with cream.

Note: For preparing this delicious Tufahija dessert, you can use Golden Delicious Apples or Ida Red. Many kinds of apples cant be cooked in water because they become too soft.

Uh-oh what is the best thing to use as a substitute for the white wine? I usually use either ginger ale or water mixed with lemon juice. In recipes that call for wine. some times grape juice will work if you omit most of the sugar in the recipe.

Grofica
02-22-2010, 07:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Uh-oh what is the best thing to use as a substitute for the white wine? I usually use either ginger ale or water mixed with lemon juice. In recipes that call for wine. some times grape juice will work if you omit most of the sugar in the recipe.

Im not sure ginger ale or water with lemon juice would totally change the desert all the alchole is burned out of the wine during the cooking process maybe white grape juce would work if it was natural juice with not additives but i wouldnt cut the sugar.

Grofica
02-22-2010, 07:26 AM
Baklava

12 oz frozen phyllo dough
3 cups ground walnuts
3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
6 cups granulated sugar
3 tablespoons butter or oleomargarine

Thaw the frozen phyllo dough. A couple of hours is plenty, and you can use the microwave to speed up the process. It is easier to make the baklava if the sheets are relatively sturdy. We are able to find it in 1 pound boxes with 13"x17" sheets, which is a convenient size. Melt the oleo or butter in a small bowl. Preheat the oven to 350°F.

Place a set of four to six sheets of phyllo on the bottom of a 9"x13" pan greased with additional oleo or butter. Cut or fold the sheets of phyllo to fit. If they are thin or stick together, you can add a layer or two. Press the phyllo down a bit with your full hand. On top of the phyllo dab oleo until the surface is about half covered. Sprinkle on about 7T ground walnuts, then about 1 1/2T plain bread crumbs, making a thin layer over the phyllo. Proportions are approximate; suit your personal taste.

Over the phyllo and filling add more layers of phyllo and filling, pressing down a bit with your hand after each layer of phyllo. Finally add one more layer of phyllo on top. If you have a bit more than 12 ounces of phyllo, you can put more sheets into the layers of phyllo. Press down the last layer a bit more firmly. Next cut the uncooked baklava into pieces. We cut into fourths parallel to the long sides of the pan, then a bit on the diagonal. Use a sharp thin knife. You can use your fingers to help hold the dough in place while cutting. Bake this in the oven for 40-45 minutes until it is a medium brown.

While the baklava finishes baking place the sugar with 4 cups of water into a saucepan and boil, stirring gently until the sugar is dissolved and the syrup is a light yellow color. With the baklava and syrup both hot, gently pour the syrup all over the baklava being sure to cover each piece. Allow to cool before serving.

Grofica
02-22-2010, 07:37 AM
This vacation i am going to spend it with my mother in law.... I have a few recipies from her but i would have to find them i am always loosing things :-( i will put them on my blog and on here as soon as we finish cooking (or try to that fast) just so they are preserved. she is an awesome cook.

SweetCherryPie
02-22-2010, 08:07 AM
Whenever I am in the mood for pasta, I go for Fettucini Carbonara. I was told I'm an ace at making this! If I ever dine out, I'd go for Lamb Shank.

I love Fruit Pavlova for dessert or Chocolate Molten Cake

Grofica
02-22-2010, 08:12 AM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that chocolate molten cake looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! got a recipy????

SweetCherryPie
02-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Haha - it does, doesn't it? It's really sinful but oh so delicious! Whenever I feel like having one, I head over to Chili's. I've never baked on but after finding this recipe, I might give it a try!

Molten Chocolate Cakes Recipe:

1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, cut into pieces

6 ounces (170 grams) semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces

3 large eggs, separated

1/3 cup (65 grams) granulated white sugar

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar

1 tablespoon granulated white sugar

Molten Chocolate Cakes: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven. Generously butter 4 - 3/4 cup (180 ml) molds, ramekins, or custard cups and dust the insides with granulated white sugar. Place the prepared molds on a baking sheet and set aside while you make the chocolate cakes.

In a stainless steel bowl suspended over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the butter and chocolate. Remove from heat and set aside while you whip the egg yolks.

In your electric mixer beat the egg yolks and 1/3 cup (65 grams) sugar until thick, pale, and fluffy. (When you slowly raise the beaters the batter will fall back into the bowl in slow ribbons.) Beat in the vanilla extract and then fold in the melted chocolate mixture.

In another clean bowl whip the egg whites until frothy. Add the cream of tartar and continue to whip until soft peaks form. Gradually add the 1 tablespoon of granulated white sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. With a rubber spatula or wire whisk gently fold the beaten whites into the chocolate mixture, just until incorporated. Do not over mix or the batter will deflate. Divide the batter between the prepared molds, filling about 3/4 full. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the outside edges of the cakes are set but the middle still looks a little wet. You may have cracks on the top surface of the cakes.

Immediately remove from oven and let them rest for a minute or two. Run a palette or sharp knife around the edge of each cake and then invert onto the center of each serving plate. Carefully remove the mold. Sprinkle the top of each cake with confectioners sugar and place a dollop of softly whipped cream, clotted cream, creme fraiche, or vanilla ice cream on top of each warm cake.

Note: You can prepare the chocolate mixture several hours ahead of time. Simply make the recipe, pour into the prepared molds, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate. Bake just before serving. When the batter is cold the cakes may take a minute or two longer to bake.

Makes 4 - 3/4 cup (180 ml) individual cakes.

Italianguy
02-22-2010, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by waqas maqsood
lol.. Dude, u sure ur Italian.. You're giving me an impression of an undercover Indian?
lol, thats what you get when you marry a south Indian woman;D

Italianguy
02-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Baklava

12 oz frozen phyllo dough
3 cups ground walnuts
3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
6 cups granulated sugar
3 tablespoons butter or oleomargarine

Thaw the frozen phyllo dough. A couple of hours is plenty, and you can use the microwave to speed up the process. It is easier to make the baklava if the sheets are relatively sturdy. We are able to find it in 1 pound boxes with 13"x17" sheets, which is a convenient size. Melt the oleo or butter in a small bowl. Preheat the oven to 350°F.

Place a set of four to six sheets of phyllo on the bottom of a 9"x13" pan greased with additional oleo or butter. Cut or fold the sheets of phyllo to fit. If they are thin or stick together, you can add a layer or two. Press the phyllo down a bit with your full hand. On top of the phyllo dab oleo until the surface is about half covered. Sprinkle on about 7T ground walnuts, then about 1 1/2T plain bread crumbs, making a thin layer over the phyllo. Proportions are approximate; suit your personal taste.

Over the phyllo and filling add more layers of phyllo and filling, pressing down a bit with your hand after each layer of phyllo. Finally add one more layer of phyllo on top. If you have a bit more than 12 ounces of phyllo, you can put more sheets into the layers of phyllo. Press down the last layer a bit more firmly. Next cut the uncooked baklava into pieces. We cut into fourths parallel to the long sides of the pan, then a bit on the diagonal. Use a sharp thin knife. You can use your fingers to help hold the dough in place while cutting. Bake this in the oven for 40-45 minutes until it is a medium brown.

While the baklava finishes baking place the sugar with 4 cups of water into a saucepan and boil, stirring gently until the sugar is dissolved and the syrup is a light yellow color. With the baklava and syrup both hot, gently pour the syrup all over the baklava being sure to cover each piece. Allow to cool before serving.
Baklava is AWESOME!!!:D Totaly a Greek treat.

sister herb
02-23-2010, 03:08 PM
My favourite food is very traditional local food:

Finnish Pea Soup

Ingredients:

500 g peas (dried)
3 - 4 l beef broth (from cubes, if you like)
500 g minced meat
1 teaspoon cooking oil
1 tablespoon marjoram
1 tablespoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt (more if needed)

Directions:

Soak peas in water overnight.

Add peas and bring them to a boil in the beef broth.

Add marjoram or thyme.

Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 - 1.5 hours.

Heat oil in a pan and on medium heat, add the mince meat and stir fry till nicely browned.

When peas are cooked and mushy add the meat and stir together.

Serve hot, season with salt and mustard.

And dessert...

White Chocolate Cheesecake

Bottom:
170 g unsalted butter
75 g pecans
170 g flour
1 tbsp powdered sugar

Melt the butter. Chop the nuts finely. Combine everything and spread into a buttered springform pan, lined with a round of parchment paper or cut out teflon sheet. (You can attempt to do this without lining, but I wouldn't dare.)

Bake at 175° for 22-25 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove and let cool completely in the pan.

Filling:
200 g cream cheese
300 g white chocolate
25 g sugar
500 ml (2 cups) heavy cream (35-40% fat)

Melt the chocolate. Mix sugar and cream cheese and add the chocolate to this. Beat the cream until it holds soft peaks - don't overbeat it. Fold in with the rest. Pour into the pan, and smooth the top. Refrigerate for at least three hours.

Topping:
500 g strawberries

Trim the strawberries to a fairly even size, and decorate the top of the cake.

:statisfie I will run now to kitchen to make these... as I suddenly feel myself so hungry.

Grofica
02-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Baklava is AWESOME!!!:D Totaly a Greek treat.
Thats bosnian baklava... its not the same as the greek versions. there are more nuts the syrup is heavier.... its well its just different....

Cabdullahi
02-24-2010, 06:07 PM
just imagine wearing a balaclava in downtown coventry eating a baklava.....sweeeet!

S<Chowdhury
02-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Coffee Date Square Yummmy........though i don't know the exact recipe my fiancée made it for me but here one i found on the internet..........

Ingredients

8 oz (250 g) pitted chopped dates, about 1-1/2 cups (375 mL)
1/2 cup (125 mL) coffee
1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) vanilla
1-1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups (375 mL) rolled oats
1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
3/4 tsp (4 mL) baking soda
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
3/4 cup (175 mL) melted butter

Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Lightly oil an 8-inch (2-L) square pan or coat with non-stick cooking spray. Place dates and coffee in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer, covered and stirring often, until thick, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using a fork, stir flour with oats, sugar, baking soda and salt. Pour in butter. Mix with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Spoon half of mixture into pan. Pat with your hand until slightly compacted. Spread with date mixture. Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture. Pat down. Bake in centre of 350F (180C) oven until golden, about 25 minutes. Cool in pan, then cut into squares.

Cabdullahi
02-24-2010, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
Coffee Date Square Yummmy........though i don't know the exact recipe my fiancée made it for me but here one i found on the internet..........

these bushgirls are not messing about! masha 'Allah

Cabdullahi
02-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Unmesswidable!!

222248579 cb6de91e6d 1?v0 -

Raaina
02-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Ohh i have to many favorite foods :( lol

I guess chicken is my favorite - Roast Chicken, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Chicken Biryani - yeah we'll go with chicken!

As for dessert - Bananas and Custard. Very easy to make - As much custard as you like and as many bananas as you like. :D

S<Chowdhury
02-24-2010, 07:51 PM
The second one looks soo simple :statisfie you got the recipe for both of them???

Woodrow
02-25-2010, 02:20 PM
I doubt if I could name a favorite food. My taste seems to change almost hour to hour. But overall I like foods that are either bitter or spicey. Spicey is always a safe choice for me. If one of the ingredients is Haberano peppers I will almost always like it.

I don't have all the ingrediants but for a main dish today my taste buds call for:

Five Meat Habanero Chili

This is my modified version of a Cook-book recipe, the original recipe called
for some haram ingredients such as bacon.

Ingredients
  1. * 4 slices hickory-smoked turkey breast
  2. * 3/4 pound ground beef
  3. * 1 pound bulk ground turkey
  4. * 3/4 pound cubed beef stew meat
  5. * 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
  6. * 2 cloves garlic, minced
  7. * 1 stalk celery, chopped
  8. * 1 to 4(or to taste) habanero peppers, minced,
  9. the original recipe calls for 1/2 habanero and for it to be seeded
  10. * 1/2 large green bell pepper, chopped
  11. * 1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped
  12. * 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
  13. * 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  14. * 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
  15. * 3 (14.5 ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
  16. * 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
  17. * 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
  18. * 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, rinsed and drained
  19. * salt and pepper to taste
  20. * 3/4 cup sour cream (optional)

Directions

1. Place the smoked turkey in a large pot with a little olive oil, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the turkey slices on a paper towel-lined plate crumble or cut into small pieces. In the same pot, stir in the ground beef, ground turkey, and beef stew meat. Cook and stir until the ground meat is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and set meat aside in a bowl. Discard any excess grease.

2. Reduce heat to medium, then stir the onion, garlic, celery, habanero pepper, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper into the same large pot; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce and cumin, then add the beef and ground turkey mixture, smoked turkey, and chicken. Stir in the diced tomatoes, cannellini beans, pinto beans, and butter beans. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.

For desert (this I have the ingredients for, actually a prepared mix in a box) is Tiramisu the mix I use is the Oetker brand from Ontario, Canada and for the to be added ingredients I use 1/2 cup Espresso coffee and 1/2 cup fresh cream (We finaly found a neighbor with a milk cow)

TIRAMUSU

For the brave who want to make it from scratch:
  1. Ingredients:
  2. Hot Milk Sponge
  3. MILK, 1/4 cup
  4. BUTTER, 2 teaspoons butter
  5. FLOUR, 1-1/4 cups
  6. BAKING POWDER, 1 teaspoon
  7. EGGS, 3
  8. SUGAR, 1-1/4 cups
  9. EGG YOLKS, 3
  10. Ingredients:
  11. Mascarpone Cream
  12. ESPRESSO COFFEE, 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons
  13. HOT WATER, 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons
  14. MASCARPONE, 1 cup
  15. EGGS, 3 separated
  16. SUGAR, 6 tablespoons
  17. HEAVY CREAM, 1 cup
  18. VANILLA, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
  19. SALT, a pinch
  20. COCOA POWDER, enough to sprinkle
  21. POWDERED SUGAR, enough to garnish
  22. Directions: Sponge Cake
  23. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  24. Grease and lightly flour an 8 by 11-inch sheet tray.
  25. Heat milk and butter until the butter melts.
  26. Stir the flour and baking powder together and set aside.
  27. Beat eggs, sugar, and yolks.
  28. Fold in the flour mixture and the milk.
  29. Pour into the prepared pan.
  30. Bake for 10 minutes.

Directions: Mascarpone Cream

Combine the espresso, water and set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs yolks, and 3 tablespoons of the sugar together until smooth.
Set over a hot water bath and beat for 3 minutes until light and foamy.
Remove from the heat, and without waiting beat this mixture into the mascarpone mixture. Set aside.
Whip the cream until the cream holds a firm shape.
Fold in vanilla.
In two small additions, fold about 1/3 of the mascarpone mixture into the whipped cream.
Then fold the whipped cream into the remaining mascarpone mixture. Set aside.
Beat the egg whites and salt on medium until foamy.
Increase the speed and add the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, beat until glossy, not dry.
Fold the egg whites, all at once into the mascarpone.

Directions: Assembly

Cut the sponge cake in half crosswise.
Place in a pan large enough to fit the halved sponge cake snugly.
Moisten the cake with half of the espresso mixture.
Top with half of the mascarpone mixture, spreading it out evenly.
Sprinkle generously with cocoa powder, and powdered sugar.
Top with the other half of the sponge cake layer.
Moisten with the remaining espresso mixture.
Top with the remaining mascarpone mixture, spreading evenly.
Sprinkle generously with the cocoa powder and powdered sugar.
Refrigerate, uncovered, for 2 hours.

Musliman
02-25-2010, 02:34 PM
I love :

Lasagna :

Spaghettis :

Japanese food, YUM !

zana
02-25-2010, 03:09 PM
i like pasta and lasagne mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Italianguy
02-25-2010, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zana
i like pasta and lasagne mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
LOL, Yu must be Italian like me!:D......although i have grown partial to Indian food now:statisfie....That's all my wife knows how to make anyway:hmm:

zana
02-25-2010, 09:44 PM
LOL, Yu must be Italian like me!:D......although i have grown partial to Indian food now:statisfie....That's all my wife knows how to make anyway:hmm:
lol not Italian but love the food, plus Indian food esp my Moms curries are too spicy and I cant hack it. People say I eat bland food but thats the way I like it

Italianguy
02-25-2010, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zana
lol not Italian but love the food, plus Indian food esp my Moms curries are too spicy and I cant hack it. People say I eat bland food but thats the way I like it
Your Indian, or Pakistani and can't hack spicy food?.....what happend?;D

My wifes food has 3 levels

1.) mild (for whites) ....sorry pigmentaly challenged
2.) Hot
3.) India hot!!!:phew:phew

I love India hot!

zana
02-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Your Indian, or Pakistani and can't hack spicy food?.....what happend?;D

My wifes food has 3 levels

1.) mild (for whites) ....sorry pigmentaly challenged
2.) Hot
3.) India hot!!!:phew:phew

I love India hot!
lol yeah my family say I am adopted, just cant take it and I hate onions .... You ever heard of a Pakistani person hating onions.. lol. I have odd taste.. oh and yes I love Pizza but only Margareita no other toppings

Salahudeen
02-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Pizza is the best food in my opinion I have to say the taste is just amazing, I'm like Joey from Friends, I have a place for pizza in my bedroom :) I make a weekly trip to Dominoz so tasty.

but I'm trying to eat more healthy now so I've started going to subway. but I don't feel full up with a subway but I guess your not meant to eat till you feel full.

S<Chowdhury
02-25-2010, 11:13 PM
There soo many favourite food i have but today had my favourite in a long time....... PFC CHICKEN N CHIPS AND DONER KEBAB .............I know its not healthy but once in a while won't hurt ;D

SweetCherryPie
02-26-2010, 04:43 AM
This is what I have every 2 days - the ingredients of it depends on my mood but Subway is the way to go if you're looking into eating healthy food!

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
02-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Creamy Caramel Flan

Ingredients
• 3/4 cup white sugar
• 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
• 5 eggs
• 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
• 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a small, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, cook sugar, stirring, until golden. Pour into a 10 inch round baking dish, tilting to coat bottom and sides. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Beat in condensed and evaporated milk and vanilla until smooth. Pour into caramel coated pan. Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place baking dish on towel, inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
Bake in preheated oven 50 to 60 minutes, until center is just set. Cool one hour on wire rack, then chill in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight. To unmold, run a knife around edges of pan and invert on a rimmed serving platter. Serve when its COLD!!!!:p

Italianguy
02-26-2010, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SweetCherryPie
This is what I have every 2 days - the ingredients of it depends on my mood but Subway is the way to go if you're looking into eating healthy food!
You realllllyyyy like Subway...you married to Jared or something..I didn't know he was a Muslim?;D

I like the veggie sub:embarrass

SweetCherryPie
02-26-2010, 03:06 PM
You realllllyyyy like Subway...you married to Jared or something..I didn't know he was a Muslim?;D

I like the veggie sub:embarrass
:statisfie I wish! Hahaha. Veggie sub is gooooood! Glad you're a fan too :)

Salahudeen
02-26-2010, 04:30 PM
I all ways get the sub of the day as it only costs £2 perfect for a poor student but not very filling :( if only their foot long subs were 3.50 or something :(

Italianguy
02-26-2010, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
I all ways get the sub of the day as it only costs £2 perfect for a poor student but not very filling :( if only their foot long subs were 3.50 or something :(
Be carefull, some of the specials come with pork product on them like pepporoni or salami. I know it sounds weird but I'm like the only Italian inthe world that won't eat pork:phew

I once orders a pizza at my fovorite spot, when the waitress brought it out it had pepperoni all over it. Theyvsaid just take it off....I said NO make me a new pizza!

S<Chowdhury
02-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Be carefull, some of the specials come with pork product on them like pepporoni or salami. I know it sounds weird but I'm like the only Italian inthe world that won't eat pork:phew

I once orders a pizza at my fovorite spot, when the waitress brought it out it had pepperoni all over it. Theyvsaid just take it off....I said NO make me a new pizza!
Hmmm yeah also sometimes when subway is really busy they don't change there gloves so gloves that touch pork also end up touching your food aswell...... always make sure the staff change there gloves when its really busy :statisfie...........though i find subway overpriced and it barely filling to be honest.

SweetCherryPie
02-28-2010, 05:35 AM

There is no pork or salami in Subways where I am from :) so it's all good!

We have non-halal restaurants here but for most fine dining restaurants that I frequent, there is no pork. It's something that I make sure before I proceed to sit down and have a meal there ;)

Italianguy
02-28-2010, 05:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SweetCherryPie
There is no pork or salami in Subways where I am from :) so it's all good!

We have non-halal restaurants here but for most fine dining restaurants that I frequent, there is no pork. It's something that I make sure before I proceed to sit down and have a meal there ;)
By your name, i would think you liked a sweet cherry pie? ;D I could be wrong, maybe apple pie?lol

Lucky you! I live in US, they suck down pork here like it's going out of style! It's not common for Christians not to eat pork, My family never has because it's an old testament law, and we still uphold the ones we legally can....sometimes;D....we will tar and feather someone if we get a chance, but they frown upon that here:hmm:, usually an anoying cousin or something;D

I just make sure to ask if it's made with pork or pork byproduct. My wife and her family don't eat it either, but thats also an old Indian cultural thing that ties in with Hinduism. She's a Christian but they just choose to follow it, biblicly too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.