/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sending Sister to Private School

gs450la
02-19-2010, 07:44 AM
:sl:

I hope everyone is doing well and in good spirits.

As you can tell from my previous dua requests and posts, my sister is quite roudy kid. She is abusive and disrespectful, even at 13.

Thus, we are taking the step in the right direction and want to send her to counseling and private school. She is reluctant to go to Private School as she wants to be a professional skateboarder and she thinks that people will make fun of her for going to a preppy school.

However, her behavior and influence from middle school is not improving. Tonight she spoke to my dad about her desire to stay in the public high school of her choice and said how she wanted to go there. When my dad said he wanted her to go to Private, she said she hated the idea and started calling him vulgar names and banging the walls/floors. It really scared my little brother. She said she would rather die than go to the private school.

But I think going to a private school would yield a far better influence and would instill good academic values in her. She is very smart, but not very focused and hard-working which I think will be sharpened by the private school.

Please make dua's for her guidance, long life, success and prosperity but also that she listens and does indeed go to this private school.

Alternatively, there is a brand new public school near our house that she might want to try, but I would rather private school.

Is there any special dua/wish I can make to make this come true? I have wanted her betterment and this for a LONG time.

Your dua's are what gets me through the day most of the time, thank you!
Jazakallah,
Ehsan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Life_Is_Short
02-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Is it a private Islamic school?

gs450la
02-20-2010, 03:45 AM

Sister,
No it is a regular private school. Unfortunately, the private islamic school only goes up to Middle School.

However, a good number of children are Pakistanis as well as Muslims. I am hoping that will influence her.

I'm really hoping she goes to this school, inshallah.

Dagless
02-20-2010, 04:06 AM
If she wants to do well she'll do well anywhere, if she wants to continue on the path she's on she'll just get in with that kind of crowd at private school. Private school is not full of good people :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
gs450la
02-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Brother,
I agree with you in the sense that private school is not full of good people. However, those who send their children to private school usually come from families with strong familial values (why would you invest a ton of money on your child, if you didn't want to give them the best education possible?). These values are usually instilled in the children and with these values also come good habits (not cursing, obeying commands). There is a uniform that also helps ensure that children are in accordance with rules and don't get to wear whatever they want.

In addition, the small population of the school makes it so that it will be hard to find someone roudy and disruptive. Granted, this is all hypothetical, in my experience, I have seen children improve in terms of habits and ethics after attending a private school.

I am also going with the notion that there would be more enforcement of rules due to the small population of students. She needs to focus academically as well so that is also an attaraction for us as there are more teachers willing to provide academic assistance.

At this point, we are fed up with her behavior and short of counseling, this is the best bet. However, she will not even agree to go for the admissions exam :cry: just think of the uproar she will cause to even go on the first day!

Please keep us in your dua's brothers and sisters.
Best Regards,
Ehsan

aadil77
02-20-2010, 08:24 AM
I think a few slaps and an islamic education will do her more good than pay thousands to send her to a private school. Its private matter meant to be solved in the home not by sending her to a different school

tango92
02-20-2010, 08:28 AM
there is always the possibility she will revert to her old ways after leavig the school, inshAllah i think your making the right decision. when shes older she'll look back and thank you.

Life_Is_Short
02-20-2010, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by gs450la

Sister,
No it is a regular private school. Unfortunately, the private islamic school only goes up to Middle School.

However, a good number of children are Pakistanis as well as Muslims. I am hoping that will influence her.

I'm really hoping she goes to this school, inshallah.
:wa:
Is it mix?
You should really send her to an Islamic school even if it goes up to middle school because an Islamic school is far better than a regular state school. Personally, i think environment does not have a great impact on you and it is really up to you and your home environment. They teach Islam as well as academic studies at an islamic school. She will be surrounded by greater good then bad.

MMohammed
02-20-2010, 05:15 PM
I think schools have a sounding influence on a child's life.The way a child thinks and does.I believe company really really matters.When she will know the benefits of being respectful, she will run away from being disrespectful and rough.Also, teach her with love and in a friendly way.Say that you know things as you are bigger than her.
I must say that if these type of children aren't controlled well, they can have a misguided future.
And I hope(InshaALLAH) she understands it well.And don't let her be in bad company coz it will be just like mixing milk in the incomplete tea and it will only corrupt her.
May Allah guide every Muslim sister and brother and even everyone in this world
(AAMEEN)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.