/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Multi faith rooms

toni74
02-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Salam brothers & sisters

I was wondering what your opinions are on using a multi faith room to offer salah.

The room given to us by our university is used by other faiths to offer their prayers. However when not in use by other faiths it is always kept free of statues or pictures (i.e. an empty room).

Currently at my university this is a pressing issue on whether or not to use the multi-faith rooms. I would very grateful for any advice on this topic.

Thank You,

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
02-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

Question:
I was at an airport a while back, and it became time for isha. As such, I found that the airport actually had a prayer room for all traditions. However, on one side (not towards the qibla) there was a cross and a picture. In such a scenario, is it better to find another location (i.e.. the hall way or somewhere empty) rather than do the prayer at the actually designated prayer room?

Answer:

Walaikum assalam,
Such a room, when devoid of statues, pictures, and religious symbols is not considered a church or temple and may be prayed in without problem.

And Allah alone gives success.

Walaikum assalam,

Faraz Rabbani.
From: http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...ID=1272&CATE=4

Rafeeq
02-21-2010, 11:27 AM
There is no problem using that room as far as the place you are offering Sala is clean (PAK)

tango92
02-21-2010, 11:36 AM
are you at city university?

i heard theres a storm brewing there

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kabeer
02-21-2010, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
are you at city university?

i heard theres a storm brewing there
I was just going to ask are you at QM university! lool. I hear similar things there.

Whats the big deal to the people who want it to be Muslim? It's perfectly fine to pray there, and other faiths also need a place to pray too.
It's a little selfish.

Peace.

tango92
02-21-2010, 06:27 PM
thing is, at city theyve moved them out of a large muslim prayer room into this tiny 'multi faith' room. and they cant read jummah properly.

they couldnt all fit into the old one as it was

Kabeer
02-21-2010, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
thing is, at city theyve moved them out of a large muslim prayer room into this tiny 'multi faith' room. and they cant read jummah properly.

they couldnt all fit into the old one as it was
I right, I didnt know that :(.

At QM, theres a multi-faith center where you can read salah. And jummah is seperate in the main uni hall. So its pretty easy really.
Also there is a mosque 1 minute away.

Yet there are muslims here who want the 'Prayer Room' to be designated Muslim only.

Peace

Rabi'ya
02-21-2010, 07:04 PM
would you not have to take each individual situation into account?

My uni originally had a masjid, but was renamed this year to be called "prayer room" which now seems to encompass all faiths. however Ive only ever seen Muslims there. still too small tho.

Alhamdulillah we have somewhere to pray I guess. it could be worse, we could be fighting for a prayer room in the first place.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.