/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marriage related issues with ummah all over the world

Insecured soul
02-20-2010, 02:22 AM
Salaam alaikum guys, 1st of all let me ask u all this, would u marry a woman who is divorced or widowed?

Why i find my self hesitant when i think of getting married to a divorced or widowed? right now im a bachelor anyway.

secondly, iv seen muslim women not able to get married mostly in some north african countries, iv seen some women aged 35-40 still single and wants to get married but dont find anyone?, i personnel feel its because of the men/women ratio and apart from that i see for a muslim women its becomes so difficult if she is divorced or widowed that she cant find a husband?

This was not the case with sahabah they would marry a divorcee or widow

divorce is considered almost evil and despised, however in sahaba's time the ratio of divorce was quite high as they would see marriage being a relatationship of two soul.... if u understand what i mean

your thoughts

Salaam alaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ahmed_indian
02-21-2010, 06:54 AM
i am not sure. it could be and could be not. because first criteria is tht she is Allah-loving.

also i dont know how my family will react.

CosmicPathos
02-21-2010, 06:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Adib Shaikh
Salaam alaikum guys, 1st of all let me ask u all this, would u marry a woman who is divorced or widowed?

Why i find my self hesitant when i think of getting married to a divorced or widowed? right now im a bachelor anyway.

secondly, iv seen muslim women not able to get married mostly in some north african countries, iv seen some women aged 35-40 still single and wants to get married but dont find anyone?, i personnel feel its because of the men/women ratio and apart from that i see for a muslim women its becomes so difficult if she is divorced or widowed that she cant find a husband?

divorce is considered almost evil and despised, however in sahaba's time the ratio of divorce was quite high as they would see marriage being a relatationship of two soul.... if u understand what i mean

your thoughts

Salaam alaikum
:sl:

I suspect most guys would want to marry a virgin? Especially if they worked hard to keep their virginity intact as well? Would require quite a sacrifice to marry a widow. Maybe taking a divorcee or widow as a second wife would be easier. I dont know.
:wa:

Somia
02-21-2010, 07:15 AM
u may be right mad_scientist what's wrong of taking a divorcee or widow as a second wife

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
02-21-2010, 07:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Somia
u may be right mad_scientist what's wrong of taking a divorcee or widow as a second wife
Theres nothing wrong with taking a divorcee/widow as a wife, it actually might be a noble cause. I am just saying that young men might have different preferences you know as those preferences (marrying a virgin) seem to be perfectly Islamic as well.

04/11/2009
02-22-2010, 01:48 AM
I would personally understand if a young virgin man wants to marry a sister who is also a virgin but i find it quite hypocritical when a man who is divorcee refuses to marry a divorced sister. And i have seen this happen alot.

Back to the topic, i wouldn't mind marrying a divorced or widowed brother at all, because the only thing that would matter is how pious he is.

Salahudeen
02-22-2010, 02:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Adib Shaikh

your thoughts

Salaam alaikum
Of course not, I wouldn't mind at all I would actually rather do that then marry a virgin as I know how hard life is for these women as my mother is like the women you described and it has made me want to marry such a woman and take care of her.

divorced women have such hard lifes and a really tough time when it comes to getting married again imsad the reason why there's so many divoced single women is cos in certain cultures there's a stigma attached to divorced women and when a marriage fails they all ways look at the woman as the reason.

such women can only ever get married to a divorced man in some cultures cos they see a person who isn't divorced as being too good for a divorced person. :hmm:

that's an interesting question, are people who have never been married too good for divorced people? I don't think so however certain cultures seem to think so to the point where if a divorced person marries someone who has never been married they all get a shock.

CosmicPathos
02-22-2010, 02:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 04/11/2009
I would personally understand if a young virgin man wants to marry a sister who is also a virgin but i find it quite hypocritical when a man who is divorcee refuses to marry a divorced sister. And i have seen this happen alot.

Back to the topic, i wouldn't mind marrying a divorced or widowed brother at all, because the only thing that would matter is how pious he is.
Well, its just their preference? No? No one is stopping divorced women to yearn to marry virgin men too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.