/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marriage Compatibility Questions

Nimboo
02-20-2010, 11:38 PM
Scenario:

Your mom and dad sit you down and say that they have a (in this case) a girl that they feel that you should marry.

The girl comes to your house with her parents, you sit opposite her;

What questions would you ask? because "Guy: Do you pray? Girl: Yes" questions dont tell you much about the person, and the answers to the above question could be fake)

I understand attraction is important, but beyond that I think compatibility is what makes a marriage.

What probing questions would you ask that will help you understand if your compatible?

Any married brothers or sisters who can shed some light on this?

:hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
**noora**
03-02-2010, 11:45 PM
An 11 minute audio file from that seminar on the topic of Important Pre-Marital Questions:

Shaykh Nazim Mangera

http://emam.xanga.com/audio/4e1903840332/

Nimboo
03-06-2010, 01:51 AM
Thank you very much :D

Alpha Dude
03-06-2010, 02:21 AM
There was this massive thread solely about this topic somewhere. InshaAllah somebody finds it for you!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nimboo
03-06-2010, 02:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
There was this massive thread solely about this topic somewhere. InshaAllah somebody finds it for you!
The speech above does the job, now to find someone's life to ruin :p

Alpha Dude
03-06-2010, 02:27 AM
Lol, here you are just in case.

Ruin somebody's life? Boy, are you in for a rude awakening. The women of today are the ruiners, brother.. :phew

Getoffmyback
03-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Drrr i hate recommendations when it comes to marriage . Unless i have a secret service parents who worked all their life in profiling people and they have 4 phds in psychology and body language.

Anyways parent of the old age have No idea about whats going on now on the streets .

I wonder if parent's standards are compatible with the childrens of the modern age.

I thought its easy for people practicing islam to find a wife . Whats going on:)

**noora**
03-06-2010, 02:28 PM
I thought that it was easy for a sister practicing Islam to find a husband? Well my actions and deed are solely for the pleasure of Allah swt.I began wearing niqab to prevent unwanted attention,and my aunt said to me"poor you,you're in for a tough time no man ain't marrying you with your face covered" lol...well to bad!! cos it's been 7 years alhumdulillah and I'm still single :-)....

I'm not sacrificing my honor/chastity to please any loser ...

Nimboo
03-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Lol, here you are just in case.
Thanks for the link :D, Some of the questions are a bit interrogating (Awesome :skeleton:)

Ruin somebody's life? Boy, are you in for a rude awakening. The women of today are the ruiners, brother.. :phew
I know brother, I have 5 Sisters (All Daddies Girls) and I work with predominantly women (Some Muslimahs (the worst IMO)). Root of all Evil I tell thee.

May Allah protect Me and Them from the Accursed Shaytaan.

Getoffmyback
03-06-2010, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by **noora**
I thought that it was easy for a sister practicing Islam to find a husband? Well my actions and deed are solely for the pleasure of Allah swt.I began wearing niqab to prevent unwanted attention,and my aunt said to me"poor you,you're in for a tough time no man ain't marrying you with your face covered" lol...well to bad!! cos it's been 7 years alhumdulillah and I'm still single :-)....

I'm not sacrificing my honor/chastity to please any loser ...
as i heard , thats its allowed to uncover your face infront of the person who is proposing to you for marriage? or its only his mother that will see u...how is it done?

**noora**
03-08-2010, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Getoffmyback
as i heard , thats its allowed to uncover your face infront of the person who is proposing to you for marriage? or its only his mother that will see u...how is it done?
Yes it's allowed and yes I have done so in the past.What she meant was that I have become a too "conservative" and since I don't dress to attract men it'll be unlikely of me getting married.

That was her opinion I excused her as being a bit ignorant.Ironically her daughter in laws all are in niqab lol..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.