/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Snow Falling on Cedars

Beardo
02-21-2010, 05:24 AM
By David Guterson. Has anyone read it? It's such a sad story. I hate depressing stories. It makes me sad and depressed. This totally ruined my weekend. :cry:

Why is life so unfair? That's what the book taught me. Had to read it for school.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
02-21-2010, 05:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
By David Guterson. Has anyone read it? It's such a sad story. I hate depressing stories. It makes me sad and depressed. This totally ruined my weekend. :cry:

Why is life so unfair? That's what the book taught me. Had to read it for school.
Nothing is unfair. Everything has been predecreed by Allah (swt). He knows what is best and His pre-decree is most fair. Albeit we, less-than-perfect-submitters, use our intellect sometimes to question Allah's predecree.

AlbanianMuslim
02-21-2010, 05:36 AM
Id like to read it. I enjoy books that stir emotions in me even if Im crying.

VizierX
02-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Sounds interesting. Might pick it up.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
02-21-2010, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlbanianMuslim
Id like to read it. I enjoy books that stir emotions in me even if Im crying.
It definitely is a book that makes your mind go through various emotional states. It's like, "HATSUEEE WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST MARRY HIM?!?!?!" :raging:

But anyway lol... I had trouble understanding the book. Maybe it was because I whizzed through it, so I used sparknotes to make sure I got the gist of it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.