/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Parents knocking?

AnonymousPoster
02-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Are parents required to knock on the door if their child is in the room with the door closed?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
02-21-2010, 06:51 PM
;D Happens to me all the time. Good question. I await a response from others too. :X

:threadapp:

CosmicPathos
02-21-2010, 06:53 PM
I think yes. But it depends on the age. If the child has not attained balaagah, parents are not supposed to ask for permission.

I have, however, allowed my parents to come in anytime if my door is open. Sometimes they do forget to knock on the closed door thinking that I'd be just studying and not doing something private.

Dagless
02-21-2010, 06:53 PM
This is more common sense than religion. The door is closed for a reason I guess. If they don't knock I'm sure they'll understand to knock next time.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
02-21-2010, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
I think yes. But it depends on the age. If the child has not attained balaagah, parents are not supposed to ask for permission.

I have, however, allowed my parents to come in anytime if my door is open.
I allow anyone to come in when my door is open, and my door is open majority of the time. But I suppose door closed or open is all the same to parents. lol

04/11/2009
02-22-2010, 04:09 AM
I agree with the others in that it all comes down to the person's age. I have given up long time ago though no matter how many times i tell them to please knock they never listen. Lol.

SweetCherryPie
02-22-2010, 08:47 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with religion, but then I could be wrong.

In my home, everyone knocks when the door is closed. Even when it is half-closed/opened, we usually knock before we enter. It's more of a common sense and respect for our family. That's how my father and late mother taught us.

Sampharo
02-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Islamically speaking, there is no mention in seerah or sunnah of parents being required to knock on their son's or daughter's room door, unless it is a separate wing or regarded as a separate home.

The other way around though is mentioned clearly that a prepubescent child has to knock on the door of the room of their parents in the morning time, after noon, and in the evening after Isha:

"O you who believe! Let your slaves and those among you who have not come to the age of puberty ask permission
[before they come to your presence] on three occasions: before morning prayer, and while you put off your clothes for the
noonday [rest] and after the Isha [Night] Prayer. [These] three times are times of privacy for you. Other than those times
there is no sin for you or for them to move about, attending to each other. Thus Allah makes clear His signs to you. And
Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise" (al-Nur 58).

Older children must ask permission regardless of the time of day.

Wallahu 'AAlam

Rabi'ya
02-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Hmm, perhaps this links in with another thread about living with husbands parents. One issue which may be important is door knocking and whether it exists in ur future husbands house! What if the child is married yet still living at home, should the parents knock?

Life_Is_Short
02-22-2010, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Are parents required to knock on the door if their child is in the room with the door closed?
No, they can barg in anytime.

Do you have anything to hide? :hmm:

cat eyes
02-22-2010, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
i dont really know whether this is even a question to ask:) i believe your parents have a right to walk in on you without knocking anyway

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.