/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hoping to marry this summer

Xcoolamandax
02-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Salam alaikum,

I have a fiancé in Saudi Arabia whom I want to marry this summer. But he wants me to lose weight first and I need a visa. I'm working very hard to lose weight. I go to gym everyday. I'm afraid I cannot do it though. Another thing is the visa. I'm afraid I will not be able to get one. What can I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
04/11/2009
02-22-2010, 01:25 AM
Why can't he marry you for the way you are?

Xcoolamandax
02-22-2010, 01:39 AM
I'm sure he does:). He just wants me to lose it for my health and I'm happy to do it for him

AlbanianMuslim
02-22-2010, 01:52 AM
I dont think we can help you with anything. Just follow the correct guidelines for a visa and keep going to the gym.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Xcoolamandax
02-22-2010, 01:55 AM
The problem with the visa is I don't know which I can apply for. There is no option on the embassy website for visitor. Very confusing i find travel.

Salahudeen
02-22-2010, 02:03 AM
hmm be careful make sure you know what you're getting yourself into, if you have a character reference from some 1 that knows him that would be good cos the thing about being in different countries is, it's hard to see how each other behave you could find out that he's totally not like you expected in person.

anyway with the losing weight bit, work out for an hour every day and see how it goes, you have to eat clean stuff too not poison :p staying healthy and slim is a life long committment I think, you all ways have to put the time in which is exercise on a regular basis.

sabr*
02-22-2010, 02:12 AM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Uhkti Xcoolamandax:

We perform du'a that this journey of marriage will be comforting and not a trial that you are unable to bear. I will assume you will receive the best advice on this forum and a overwhelming extension of du'a and well wishes. Insha Allah

Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) said that a man can marry for four reasons but advised to marry the religious woman or we will be losers.

Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 27:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "A woman is married for four things, i.e., her wealth, her family status, her beauty and her religion. So you should marry the religious woman (otherwise) you will be a losers.

I will attempt to always put the best construction on a situation as all practicing Muslims should. Your Khateeba (Groom) to be might have suggested the weight lost for health reasons. Allahu 'Alim

The majority of the time anyone who makes an effort to change is because of a need. The suggestion that why doesn't he accept or marry you how you are is something only you and him can answer. Because you can always regain the weight. What will happen if you have children and are unable to lose the weight. These are issues you need to address and answer now.

That is really no ones business but you and him.

CosmicPathos
02-22-2010, 02:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 04/11/2009
Why can't he marry you for the way you are?
well it might sound romantic and what not the way you put it. Being obese is not the way one is! You can always get slim and healthy and still be yourself. So yea, he is right to ask her to lose weight as a part of his marriage.

Salahudeen
02-22-2010, 02:25 AM
also sis if you haven't all ready make istikhara :p

Xcoolamandax
02-22-2010, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
also sis if you haven't all ready make istikhara :p
Ive made istikhara already:).

CosmicPathos
02-22-2010, 03:19 AM
just make sure that you do your full research on him especially if you are a revert muslimah. People back home do scams unfortunately. Just make sure you are doing the right thing.

Xcoolamandax
02-22-2010, 03:42 AM
I plan to be very cautious brother. Jazakallah khair for your advice

Insaanah
02-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Assalaamu alaikum sis

Please make sure you have a wali (male guardian) who must be a Muslim, acting for you, overseeing you and guiding you. He must be a non-marriageable relative, or, if you are a revert, the leader of the community (ask the imam of your local mosque). Your marriage cannot take place without a wali. He needs to be someone acting in your interests. If your fiancee will appoint one for you in Saudi, he may not be someone acting solely in your interests. Have you sought advice from a scholar or the imaam of a local mosque?

:sl:

★ηαѕιнα★
02-22-2010, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
well it might sound romantic and what not the way you put it. Being obese is not the way one is! You can always get slim and healthy and still be yourself. So yea, he is right to ask her to lose weight as a part of his marriage.
I definitely do not agree with you. Losing weight is often said to be because of health. But often its just what the guy prefers using health as an arguement. What if a woman gains weight because of being pregnant. You gonna tell her she has to loose weight as well?? That would be cruel seriously.

format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan
Assalaamu alaikum sis

Please make sure you have a wali (male guardian) who must be a Muslim, acting for you, overseeing you and guiding you. He must be a non-marriageable relative, or, if you are a revert, the leader of the community (ask the imam of your local mosque). Your marriage cannot take place without a wali. He needs to be someone acting in your interests. If your fiancee will appoint one for you in Saudi, he may not be someone acting solely in your interests. Have you sought advice from a scholar or the imaam of a local mosque?

Dont travel alone, take someone with you. Maybe someone who can speak Arab, comes in handy when you approach Saudi borders. May Allah swt help you in finding a pious and sweet husband. (Im so happy for you!:D)

CosmicPathos
02-22-2010, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★ηαѕιнα★
I definitely do not agree with you. Losing weight is often said to be because of health. But often its just what the guy prefers using health as an arguement. What if a woman gains weight because of being pregnant. You gonna tell her she has to loose weight as well?? That would be cruel seriously.

Dont travel alone, take someone with you. Maybe someone who can speak Arab, comes in handy when you approach Saudi borders. May Allah swt help you in finding a pious and sweet husband. (Im so happy for you!:D)
No sane man will tell a woman to loose weight during pregnancy. Duh. But after giving birth, YES.

★ηαѕιнα★
02-22-2010, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
No sane man will tell a woman to loose weight during pregnancy. Duh. But after giving birth, YES.
What if shes happy the way she is? U gonna force her?
I do notice you have nothing to say about this part:

I should buy a fatsuit, wear it and camp outside your house (wherever that is).
Buy me a few meals at McDonalds and just sit, eat and watch what you are doing.
Great idea now I think of it. I should do that to my sibblings, they deteste fatpeople as well.
They are people too you know!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-22-2010, 10:27 PM

People can naturally be fat due to health problems. It's not just because a person may eat too much. My God ppl r really strange sometimes....

I don't know but that's just...weird. Maybe I'm readin too much into it. Forgive me if I sound offensive sis xx.

As for the visa part sis I don't know much about it :S Even though I live in the US myself :hiding:

:w:

Cabdullahi
02-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Three words:

Is he religious?

cat eyes
02-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Well lets face it ladies, a woman is not going to want an over weight man either is she:) sis i think its cool your doing all this for your fiance mashaAllah.

Hes blessed.. i exercise alot now myself to keep healthy and it dosen mean you are fatty if you work out..:hmm: it basically means you want to a healthy lifestyle thats all

whether heavy or thin its great to exercise. i dont know why people are assuming this sister is over weight?

Most girls want to lose a few pounds coming up to there wedding day :p

cat eyes
02-23-2010, 02:09 PM
What if shes happy the way she is? U gonna force her?
I do notice you have nothing to say about this part:
!
it is actually sunnah to keep yourself looking good for your husband.. if you didnt he'd probably go off searching else where :)

you would not want a man who did not take care of himself would you?

bottom line is attraction is important in a marriage and yes sometimes you do have work hard on it and for others it dose not require any work :)

but its worth it in the end for a long and happy marriage inshaAllah :)

of course you fall in love with the persons heart but as everybody says you cannot eat the food without a bit of salt and some spice sometimes ;D

AlbanianMuslim
02-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Sometimes you fall in love with a person and the more you fall in love with them the more attracted you are.

Raaina
03-02-2010, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Xcoolamandax
Salam alaikum,

I have a fiancé in Saudi Arabia whom I want to marry this summer. But he wants me to lose weight first and I need a visa. I'm working very hard to lose weight. I go to gym everyday. I'm afraid I cannot do it though. Another thing is the visa. I'm afraid I will not be able to get one. What can I do?
Sister, you can apply for a tourist visa if there is no visitor visa as you said in another post. Have you contacted the Saudi embassy?

Cabdullahi
03-02-2010, 02:36 PM
'plump' is the new black! woohooo!

Xcoolamandax
03-02-2010, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
'plump' is the new black! woohooo!
Hahaha you're funny brother

Xcoolamandax
03-02-2010, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
Sister, you can apply for a tourist visa if there is no visitor visa as you said in another post. Have you contacted the Saudi embassy?
I have contacted the embassy sister. I was told there is no visitor visa unless I am sent for by a mahram or am with an official tour group

Cabdullahi
03-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Hahaha you're funny brother
thanks may Allah guide you and keep you on the right path

ameen

Muslim Woman
03-02-2010, 05:33 PM
:wa:

Salam alaikum,

I have a fiancé in Saudi Arabia whom I want to marry this summer.

Offer Istekhara salat ?

"O Allah! I seek goodness from Your Knowledge and with Your Power (and Might) I seek strength, and I ask from You Your Great Blessings, because You have the Power and I do not have the power.

You Know everything and I do not know, and You have knowledge of the unseen. Oh Allah! If in Your Knowledge this action ------------------------------------------------ (which I intend to do) is better for my religion and faith, for my life and end [death], for here [in this world] and the hereafter then make it destined for me and make it easy for me and then add blessings [baraka'] in it, for me.

O Allah! In Your Knowledge if this action is bad for me, bad for my religion and faith, for my life and end [death], for here [in this world] and the hereafter then turn it away from me and turn me away from it and whatever is better for me, ordain [destine] that for me and then make me satisfied with it."

http://www.islamicacademy.org/html/D..._Istakhara.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.