/* */

PDA

View Full Version : family members moving away

AnonymousPoster
02-22-2010, 05:07 AM
does anyone else feel really depressed and sad when their family members get married and move away imsad :( what about just moving away to study for abit. my brothers going away to study...we just received the news that he's accepted into a uni over seas. but i feel real sad and he's just to study the deen. im almost hoping that there is a mistake :embarrass he's going away in less then 2 weeks. 2 weeks! why the short notice :raging:
you whole family unit is disrupted and it feels weird. how do you guys feel and how do you deal with it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SweetCherryPie
02-22-2010, 03:36 PM
First of all, congratulations to your brother on the acceptance. As much as it hurts everyone else around him, I'm sure you all are proud of him as well.

It's something inevitable in life - to be away from family. I dealt with it by spending as much time as I could with my brothers a couple of weeks before they got married. Even when they left to study, we spent a lot of time and we kept in touch via emails and such.

The best way to deal with this is to keep in touch as often as you can. For the next 2 weeks, spend time with him - go do things or even go shopping with him as I am sure he will be needing a lot of new things.

You will be fine and I'm sure everyone else will too.

Life_Is_Short
02-22-2010, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
im almost hoping that there is a mistake
This is brilliant. Your brother is going to learn about Islam. You should be happy for him. He is not going away forever.

Make dua- Insh'Allah

Hayaa
02-22-2010, 04:32 PM
It's REALLY hard sis, but just try and keep in mind all the knowledge he'll attain and pass on to you inshaAllaah! No pain, no gain. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zakirs
02-23-2010, 07:47 PM
You need to be strong :) .. imagine how hard for your bro it is to leave home. I remember my first year of univ i was feeling terribly homesick.So don't worry , it will pass and be happy for your bro :) .

:Sl:

AnonymousPoster
04-04-2010, 11:06 AM
i miss my brother imsad :(

happy
04-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Inshaalah it is one of those things that happen in life and Mashaalah he is going for something good and it is okay to feel this.

distressed
04-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Be proud of him, hes going to learn about his deen, its a good thing, and you'll still see him again..he is alive..its not like its forever.! Do you best to be of support..and you can always keep in touch..via email/fone!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.