/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Brown 'not warned over bullying matter'

Supreme
02-22-2010, 10:15 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8529292.stm

Britain's top civil servant has said he did not confront Gordon Brown about "acting in a bullying or intimidatory manner" towards Downing Street staff.

Cabinet Secretary Sir Gus O'Donnell also said there was no need for an inquiry following newspaper stories about the PM's treatment of colleagues.

The Tories and Lib Dems have called for the situation to be cleared up.

Mr Brown said the story was "completely wrong" and that he had received no "private message" from Sir Gus.

In an interview with The Economist magazine, Mr Brown said: "The cabinet secretary has made it clear that he's had no inquiries, there's been no reprimand, there's been no private message to me... (the) story is completely wrong."

The row began with a story in the Observer, based on a book by journalist Andrew Rawnsley, detailing incidents in which Mr Brown allegedly grabbed staff by the lapels, shoved them aside and shouted at them.
I don't see Gordon Brown as a bully, but I agree with the opposition that an investigation into this has to happen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zana
02-25-2010, 09:01 PM
i dont believe this story at all i think the torys and others will jump on the bandwagon

Supreme
02-25-2010, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zana
i dont believe this story at all i think the torys and others will jump on the bandwagon
Indeed. In fact, I'd far rather have a 'bully' running the country than David Cameron, who in honesty, comes across as a pompous nobody, barely capable of getting his party to take him seriously. Cameron seems the sort to get bullied rather than to be a bully, and that's not a desirable quality in a leader of a country.

zana
02-25-2010, 09:17 PM
its jus so predictable cant trust the goverment

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.