/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam in rural area

Badr87
02-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Hello Brothers and Sisters in islam.My name is Badr Abdwasiu from a rural area called ikare akoko in ondo state of Nigeria.we the youth of this area are mostly muslims but the barrier we have is we dont have a well structured mosque.I was doing a research on the internet when I discovered this site.so i was hoping may be we could get help in building our mosque from fellow brothers and sisters in islam.for futher enquiry, pls PM me. We will be waiting to hearing from you.(SABO YOUTH MOSQUE MANAGEMENT)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tilmeez
02-23-2010, 11:27 AM
:sl:
Brother Badr,

Welcome onboard.

I wonder if I will be able see you again posting on this forum. While we appreciate your struggles for a noble cause we discourage such requests.

I have removed your email address as we don't allow exchange of such information on open forums.

Ma'asalama

Edit:
I was surprised to reread your post. I don't think a pious / practicing muslim should start it this way :-\ Do I sound mean?

Badr87
02-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Sorry for that,i guess its my eagerness to get my people to the right part.

Grofica
02-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Isn’t Nigeria the internet crime capital of the world since Nigeria does not prosecute internet crimes?

I know its banned from eBay and PayPal for that reason.

These have to do with people asking for money to build a mosque.
These have to do with people asking for money from Nigeria for other things...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Qadir
02-23-2010, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
Isn’t Nigeria the internet crime capital of the world since Nigeria does not prosecute internet crimes?

I know its banned from eBay and PayPal for that reason.
lol...the brother is getting hammered...

Grofica
02-23-2010, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
lol...the brother is getting hammered...
please see the links i dont post out of malice but I think of most of the people in here as friends and i would hate to see someone get taken advantage of because their heart is in the right place.

alot of people dont know thats that internet ciminal capital of the world thats why so many people fall victim to it.

A sad story about a rual place will do that people.

and i am sorry if that was not the intention but he seems awefully eagar to push his contact info and how poor and rual the area is... which if it is that rual... (growing up in a rual area myself) how does he have internet?

a rual place in Nigeria is not like the country in the US or Europe...

Badr87
02-23-2010, 12:39 PM
A practicing muslim who fears Allah won't do such thing like cyber crime cos its more like criminal act.you people are right about Nigerians being cyber criminals but believe me not all Nigerians are like that.I fear Allah and his punishments.just trying to get more people to islam.ANY WAY THANKS TO YOU ALL.MASALAM.

Badr87
02-23-2010, 12:47 PM
I have a mobile phone which enables me to access internet through opera mini browser.you are right,we dont have a free service internet connection and thats why i got a mobile phone so as to enables us reach out to other muslims to know our barriers.I could send our masjid(mosque) picture to you people so as to know am saying the truth.

Grofica
02-23-2010, 12:51 PM
I dont mean to offend you Badr87... but people do it everyday thats why there are over 999,000 posts about internet crime and over 60,000 about just church / Mosque scams....

If i have offended you i am sorry but you didnt come in here and say

Hi my name is Badr87 from rual Nigeria.... I am happy to be here blah blah blah

you said Hi i am from rual nigeria and we need help building a mosque (which sounds like please send me money)

this is sort of like my family... if intentions were pure you wouldnt be like hi pm me we need help.

Badr87
02-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Alright,thanks for putting me on the right path,May Allah set your affairs right.any way,my name is Badr Abdwasi and am a muslim.Also,am happy to meet you guys and may Allah reward all your efforts to guide all muslims to the right part.salamalaikum waramatulahi wabarakatu.

Woodrow
02-23-2010, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Badr87
Alright,thanks for putting me on the right path,May Allah set your affairs right.any way,my name is Badr Abdwasi and am a muslim.Also,am happy to meet you guys and may Allah reward all your efforts to guide all muslims to the right part.salamalaikum waramatulahi wabarakatu.
:sl: Akhi,

I can relate to your efforts. I too am in a very rural area. The nearest Masjid to me is about 200 miles away (320 Km) there is little chance of getting a local Masjid built here. We are in a very impoverished area, with a very small Muslim population.

One thing I do discourage is the solicitation of funds on any forum. Forums are a very poor source of funds as typically the members are young people with out personal income. The other problem is that since any transaction originating on a forum would need go through numerous other parties, plus since the forums are public, this can lead to funds being misdirected or misused or personal information could become available to the wrong person.

All of these can at best make a forum look bad or worse can get a forum involved in criminal activities.

For those reasons we do not permit the solicitation of funds for any purpose, unless the solicitor is personally known to the site owner.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.