PDA

View Full Version : Speaking About The People Of Bida’, By Ibn Taymiyyah

imam bukhari
02-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Speaking About The People Of Bida’

By Shaykh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah -Rahimullaah

Translated & Compiled by: Abbas Abu Yahya

Shaykh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymeeyah -Rahimullaah- said:

‘And if giving advice is obligatory for general and specific religious interests: like regarding narrators of hadeeth who make mistakes and lie then like Yahya bin Sa’eed said: I asked Malik, Thawri, al-Laith bin Sa’ad – I think it was him – and al-Awza’ee about a man who is accused in hadeeth or he does not memorize hadeeth? They said: ‘Make clear his condition.

Some of the people said to Ahmad bin Hanbal: ‘I find it difficult to say about a person that he has such and such problem, and so and so is like such and such.

Imam Ahmad said: ‘If you remain silent and I remain silent when will an ignorant person know the authentic from the unauthentic?!

Likewise the leaders of Bida’ from the people who have statements that oppose the Book and the Sunnah, or worship which opposes the Book and the Sunnah, it is obligatory to clarify their condition and warn the Ummah against them and this is in agreement with the Muslims. So much so that it was said to Ahmad bin Hanbal: ‘Is a person who fasts, prays and makes Itikaf more beloved to you or speaking against the people of Bida’?’

He answered: ‘If he fasts, prays and makes Itikaf then that is for himself, and if he speaks against the people of Bida’ then that is for the Muslims and that is better.’

So it is clear that this benefit is general for all the Muslims for their religion and it is in the same class as Jihad in the path of Allaah. Since purifying the path of Allaah and His Deen, His Minahij (methodologies), His Sharia’ and repelling the injustice of these people and their hostility upon this is a general responsibility, which is something that is in agreement among the Muslims.

If it was not the case that Allaah made people in order to repel the harm of these people, the Deen would have become corrupted. The corruption of the Deen would be greater than the corruption caused by being conquered by the enemy at war. Since if these people take over they do not corrupt the hearts and what is in the heart is from the Deen, but they do it slowly, as for the People of Bida’ then they corrupt the hearts from the onset.’

[Taken from ‘Majmoo fatawa’ 28/231-232]

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Qadir
02-23-2010, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imam bukhari
Speaking About The People Of Bida’

By Shaykh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah -Rahimullaah

Translated & Compiled by: Abbas Abu Yahya

Shaykh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymeeyah -Rahimullaah- said:

‘And if giving advice is obligatory for general and specific religious interests: like regarding narrators of hadeeth who make mistakes and lie then like Yahya bin Sa’eed said: I asked Malik, Thawri, al-Laith bin Sa’ad – I think it was him – and al-Awza’ee about a man who is accused in hadeeth or he does not memorize hadeeth? They said: ‘Make clear his condition.

Some of the people said to Ahmad bin Hanbal: ‘I find it difficult to say about a person that he has such and such problem, and so and so is like such and such.

Imam Ahmad said: ‘If you remain silent and I remain silent when will an ignorant person know the authentic from the unauthentic?!

Likewise the leaders of Bida’ from the people who have statements that oppose the Book and the Sunnah, or worship which opposes the Book and the Sunnah, it is obligatory to clarify their condition and warn the Ummah against them and this is in agreement with the Muslims. So much so that it was said to Ahmad bin Hanbal: ‘Is a person who fasts, prays and makes Itikaf more beloved to you or speaking against the people of Bida’?’

He answered: ‘If he fasts, prays and makes Itikaf then that is for himself, and if he speaks against the people of Bida’ then that is for the Muslims and that is better.’

So it is clear that this benefit is general for all the Muslims for their religion and it is in the same class as Jihad in the path of Allaah. Since purifying the path of Allaah and His Deen, His Minahij (methodologies), His Sharia’ and repelling the injustice of these people and their hostility upon this is a general responsibility, which is something that is in agreement among the Muslims.

If it was not the case that Allaah made people in order to repel the harm of these people, the Deen would have become corrupted. The corruption of the Deen would be greater than the corruption caused by being conquered by the enemy at war. Since if these people take over they do not corrupt the hearts and what is in the heart is from the Deen, but they do it slowly, as for the People of Bida’ then they corrupt the hearts from the onset.’

[Taken from ‘Majmoo fatawa’ 28/231-232]

Source
come brothers and sisters, lets back-bite for the sake of Allah...

imam bukhari
02-23-2010, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
come brothers and sisters, lets back-bite for the sake of Allah...
???

no1 is saying that.... this is for the SCHOLARS not us... im sure the imam ahmad quote points that out...

jazaak-Allaah khair for allowing me clarify...

mohammed_alim
02-23-2010, 02:17 PM
i thought back biting is a sin?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KittenLover
02-23-2010, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed_alim
Back biting is allowed in certain circumstances, are you not going to backbite the man who is a drunkard and wants to marry your daughter?

are you not going to backbite the man who is a womaniser and he wants to marry your sister?

are you not going to backbite the man who is from a deviant sect that believes the sahabba are apostates? are you not going to warn against these people/men

or are you going to let him misguide muslims and stay quiet under the guise of "we can't back bite him"

mohammed_alim
02-23-2010, 03:10 PM
in scenario like that then yes you have to warn the people.

Abdul Qadir
02-24-2010, 04:18 AM
for my dear brother bukhari and for mr abiru sabeel:

Abu Zaid al-Ansaari …
Abu Zaid al-Ansaari an-Nahawi said, “Shu’bah came to us on a rainy day and said, ‘Today is not a day for hadeeth, today is a day of backbiting. Let us come together and backbite the liars’ .” (al-Kifaayah of al-Baghdaadee, no. 91).

Sufyaan Ibn Uyainah said, “Shu’bah used to say, ‘Let us come together so that we can backbite for the sake of Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic’.” (al-Laalikaa’ee 1/140).

Abdul Qadir
02-24-2010, 04:20 AM
who told u that only scholars can backbite? how deluded u are...backbiting for a purpose is allowed...especially for refuting the ahlul bid'ah...u posted this and yet u say backbiting is only for scholars...maybe if u stop watching zakir naik videos, u might have a better understanding of islam...

Abdul Qadir
02-24-2010, 04:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed_alim
its not a sin if there is a purpose...for example, u know a man is an alcoholic...so when someone asks u about this man because they wanna marry their daughter to him, what will u do? say im not sure about him?

or u know someone who preaches nonsense---...then u backbite about him to protect the brothers and sisters from that individual's calamity...

AabiruSabeel
02-24-2010, 05:19 AM
:sl:
for example, u know a man is an alcoholic...so when someone asks u about this man because they wanna marry their daughter to him, what will u do? say im not sure about him?
You can also say, I have strong reservation against him or something similar without revealing his sins. Who knows he might have repented at the time you spoke against him?

Please note, personal attacks and insults against any Muslims will not be allowed on this forum. You can refute their methodologies and opinions, but do not attack the individual.

Abdul Qadir
03-10-2010, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
You can also say, I have strong reservation against him or something similar without revealing his sins. Who knows he might have repented at the time you spoke against him?

Please note, personal attacks and insults against any Muslims will not be allowed on this forum. You can refute their methodologies and opinions, but do not attack the individual.

How wrong you are bro..how wrong you are..the only advice i can give u and the OP is to take ur knowledge from the right source..May Allah guide us till death...

Question:

Some of those who claim that they are Salafees say: We are Salafees but we do not speak about those who fall into errors and we do not disparage (make jarh) of anyone?
Answer:

Say to them, your Salafiyyah will be not be sound whilst [holding that] no one is to be disparaged. Loving for Allaah and hating for Allaah and allegiance for Allaah and enmity for Allaah - if a person is devoid of these four matters, then that means that his Islaam is weak. And the Messenger, salallaahu 'alaihi wasallam, said: "Whomsoever amongst you sees an evil, let him change it with his hand; if he is not able, then [let him change it] with his tongue [by speaking against it with knowledge]; and if he is not able, then with his heart [by hating it for Allaah's sake], and that is the weakest of Eemaan."* - The weakest of Eemaan is that you forbid falsehood with your heart. However as for the one who does not forbid falsehood with his heart, then where is the Eemaan in his heart?!! Meaning that his Eemaan is weak, of no benefit. And we ask Allaah for pardon and good health, and Allaah is sufficient for us and what a fine trustee He is.
Shaykh Ahmad bin Yahyaa an-Najmee
'Al-Fataawa Al-Jaliyyah 'an Manaahij Ad-Da'wiyyah', Daarul-Minhaaj. Gathered and notes added by Hasan Ibn Mansoor ad-Daghreeree. Second volume, page 139.
Translated by Abu Khadeejah

Abdul Qadir
03-10-2010, 04:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel

Again, I advice u to take knowledge from the right source..you and the OP...

Question:

Is it permissible to mention peoples’ names and characters when one wants to criticize them and their thinking?
Answer:

If someone write something that contradicts the pure Shari’ah. and distributes that material, or if he promulgates that view in the media, it becomes compulsory to refute him and expose the falsehood of what he says. There is nothing wrong in mentioning that person’s name or in warning people about him if he calls to innovation, Shirk, or if he calls people to what Allaah has prohibited or to disobedience. Until this day, there are knowledgeable and believing people from the callers to the truth and bearers of the Shari’ah fulfilling this obligation, sincerely for Allaah Almighty and for the benefit of His servants, rebuking the wrong, inviting to the truth, warning others against those who propagate falsehood and destructive rhetoric.
Shaykh `Abdul-`Azeez Bin Baz
Fatawa Islamiyah vol.8, p.53, DARUSSALAM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.