/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is Allah indifferent towards us?

AnonymousPoster
02-23-2010, 05:13 PM
:sl:

I heard from someone that Allah (swt) is as-Samad, and they translated this in Urdu as 'Baynayaz' which closest thing in English is 'indifferent' and the example they gave was that even the most beloved of Allah (swt) was Muhammed (pbuh) but when he was being struck with stones and bleeding at Taif but Allah (swt) let it happen, or in other words Allah (swt) does not look and care for our worldy needs or the color of our skin he only looks at the heart.

He can help us in our problems but generally He wont, He will just let nature take its course.

Maybe He will give us some khair in the Akhirah but in the Dunya He generally treats us (muslims) like everybody else.

Secondly some brothers told me to use the 99 names of Allah, and gave me a booklet that each name has a special power or blessing which you can invoke, for example say "Ar Razzaq 100 times daily to get increase in your Rizq" but again there seems to be no evidence of this from Koran or Sunna.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
itsme
02-26-2010, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:sl:

I heard from someone that Allah (swt) is as-Samad, and they translated this in Urdu as 'Baynayaz' which closest thing in English is 'indifferent' and the example they gave was that even the most beloved of Allah (swt) was Muhammed (pbuh) but when he was being struck with stones and bleeding at Taif but Allah (swt) let it happen, or in other words Allah (swt) does not look and care for our worldy needs or the color of our skin he only looks at the heart.
:wa:

Firstly, know that there is no exact translation for Allah's names. People have tried to find single words to translate His names but these translations are not accurate. As an example, consider the name Al-Qaabid. One of the translations of this name is "The Constricter". Look up any english dictionary and you won't find this word exist. This is to show you Allah's names are way too deep in their arabic meaning so we can't find proper translations for them in other languages.

Secondly, the meaning of As-Samad as given by http://www.jannah.org/articles/names.html is:

The Eternal, The Independent, The Master who is relied upon in matters and reverted to in ones needs.

You will see the word indifferent is not present in this meaning. So it could be that approximation in Urdu is a mistake. Allah, in His Glory, cannot be indifferent to His slaves, and least to His beloved Prophet.

He can help us in our problems but generally He wont, He will just let nature take its course.

Maybe He will give us some khair in the Akhirah but in the Dunya He generally treats us (muslims) like everybody else.
What is nature? When you say nature will take its course, who created that nature? Who has set the flow of things in this world? And who says He does not help us? It's just we are so busy complaining that we don't see His help.

I've been through this before. I used to complain to Allah that He says He makes 10 steps towards the one who takes 1 step towards Him. But I used not to feel that. I used to feel as if all my efforts go vain. But then Allah put me in a situation where He made me realise that He did help me. He did made that 10 steps.

Yes there are some things that He let happen and it's not that He doesn't care for us, but just as a test for us. The Quran is filled with verses where Allah keeps repeating to us that there will be tests for us in this world.

Secondly some brothers told me to use the 99 names of Allah, and gave me a booklet that each name has a special power or blessing which you can invoke, for example say "Ar Razzaq 100 times daily to get increase in your Rizq" but again there seems to be no evidence of this from Koran or Sunna.
I've been through that and just like you I didn't find any evidence for that. But there are a lot of duas that the Prophet (saw) has taught us and for which there's lot of evidence. So why not restrict ourselves to that? When we read these duas, at the same time we are invoking Allah by His most beautiful names, isn't it?

Hope this will clear any doubt you have.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

And Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.